Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool FC Kit: Nike potential new kit deal

Read 4658 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Re: Liverpool FC Kit: Nike potential new kit deal.
      Reply #23: Apr 13, 2019 05:05:33 pm
      Preferably a company that can accommodate the more rotund supporter like myself, 3XL aint happening , Im big boned
      Same mate,I was well fed as a lad 🤣
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Liverpool FC Kit: Nike potential new kit deal.
      Reply #24: Apr 13, 2019 06:15:28 pm
      We weren’t in a position to command a deal like this back then. Getting smashed 6-1 by Stoke, 3-0 by WBA and Christ knows who else, feeble attempt in the Champions League etc and apart from one season of coming 2nd, we were largely fighting for a place in the Europa League at a push. A deal like this was never going to happen before now because the club was sliding downhill back then.

No one was getting deals like this 5-6 years ago, bar maybe whatever deal Barca is on? The Madrid, United etc deals only happened within the last five years - and they had the pedigree to demand that. We were not close to being in this kinda position to try and be the biggest deal in the Premier League. Now we have the manager and a bucket load of marketable players, it's a hell of a lot easier to push.

So what you are saying then, is back then we weren't a big club with no history and  pedigree?... :roll:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool FC Kit: Nike potential new kit deal
      Reply #25: Apr 13, 2019 06:31:47 pm

So what you are saying then, is back then we weren't a big club with no history and  pedigree?... :roll:

No, don’t even try twisting that angle because that’s not what’s being said and you know it.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #26: Apr 13, 2019 06:44:33 pm
      No one was getting deals like this 5-6 years ago, bar maybe whatever deal Barca is on? The Madrid, United etc deals only happened within the last five years - and they had the pedigree to demand that. We were not close to being in this kinda position to try and be the biggest deal in the Premier League. Now we have the manager and a bucket load of marketable players, it's a hell of a lot easier to push.

Anyway - bloody love this. I have no animosity towards New Balance, think they've done a brilliant job of the kits the last two years in particular. However Nike is such a global powerhouse, their range of gear outside of the jerseys themselves is boss. Can only imagine the amount of money I'll spend on all sorts of swag if this comes to fruition! The money is the big thing though, the fact we can talk about powers such as Nike being keen to put this kind of investment into us is testament to just how far we've come.

On a personal standpoint, since I went to the University of Oregon (Go Ducks) where Nike was founded, I've got a lot of love for the company (obvious labor issues over the years and whatnot aside, which is certainly not isolated to them) and would love to see this happen. Got connections that can get heavily discounted Nike gear at the employee store at their world headquarters in Portland so they'd be getting a lot more communication from me if this does happen :D

Hope you remember us if the Nike deal goes through v? We all love heavily discounted deals  ;D ;D ;D

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27: Apr 13, 2019 08:52:25 pm
      No, don’t even try twisting that angle because that’s not what’s being said and you know it.
      Hence the " :roll:"

Quick Reply