Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Chelsea (14/04/19 - 16:30)

Read 14806 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Chelsea (14/04/19 - 16:30)
      Reply #69: Apr 13, 2019 02:20:19 am
      For me, I feel we are very shaky in that first 15 minutes of games. Oppositions keep getting shots on target, they haven't been able to convert but these cu*ts coming to us on Sunday will be clinical. Don't give them any sniff early boys, lets get on the scoresheet ourselves and then see what they can do, hopefully roll over like they did against Citeh!

I'm worried about these cu*ts, but if we beat them.....watch the F**k out!

Oh yeah F**k of Hazzard you c**t, no doubt he will try to play the game of his life against us!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #70: Apr 13, 2019 09:35:57 am
      Saw Jan Molby at a sportsman dinner last night seemed very confident that we will win it and City will come unstuck and starting to tire. Told a good story Souness said he was only player to put on weight during a game  :lmao:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #71: Apr 13, 2019 09:38:40 am
      Gini, Robbo and Matip to replace Keita, Milner and Lovren. I have been wondering whether Klopp will surprise us by starting Gomez at RB but surely he’s not 100%.

Would be a very nice bonus to go in to this game already top of the league.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #72: Apr 13, 2019 11:14:26 am
      F**k me Matip is a coward wow what a line.....he's been one of our best players since he got back in playing regularly,  you must be watching a different game to me.

Played well? What games are you watching? Just because he's not made any glaring, match costing errors doesn't mean he's been playing well, nor does it mean his performances were error free. Against Porto Virge had to mop up his mistakes half a dozen times, and I have never seen a player more averse to the physical side of the game as Matip. He's awful. There are several matches we've played since his inclusion in the side that if not for Van Dijk, if it was Lovren partnering him, we'd have lost them. You do not win Championships with timid defenders. He needs to go and the sooner the better.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #73: Apr 13, 2019 11:34:42 am
      Played well? What games are you watching? Just because he's not made any glaring, match costing errors doesn't mean he's been playing well, nor does it mean his performances were error free. Against Porto Virge had to mop up his mistakes half a dozen times, and I have never seen a player more averse to the physical side of the game as Matip. He's awful. There are several matches we've played since his inclusion in the side that if not for Van Dijk, if it was Lovren partnering him, we'd have lost them. You do not win Championships with timid defenders. He needs to go and the sooner the better.

Yet since he’s been in the team I don’t remember him costing us a goal, where as Virgil (along with Alisson) has and it wasn’t far off costing us.

Matip has been consistent and improved since his return to the team. He’s proved he’s good back up because if he had been as bad as you make out, chances are we wouldn’t be sat top of the league right now.

Would be a very nice bonus to go in to this game already top of the league.

What a boost that would be!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #74: Apr 13, 2019 11:45:05 am
      Our toughest game left, although we always seem to be saying that!

I don't think Jürgen will but apart from Robertson back I'd go same again.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #75: Apr 13, 2019 11:52:26 am
      I don't think Jürgen will but apart from Robertson back I'd go same again.

It’s what I’d like to see. Think it could do the midfield good to play l together again, Fab, Hendo and Keita, that ultimately is where the majority of changes take place, be good to get a settled 3. I think we can probably afford to rotate a little in the Porto game but I wouldn’t be doing it now for this game. Keita is a real unknown quantity and could cause Chelsea problems, going with Gini, Hendo and Milner I think will show that Klopp doesn’t fully trust Fab or Keita in the big games.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #76: Apr 13, 2019 12:09:28 pm
      It’s what I’d like to see. Think it could do the midfield good to play l together again, Fab, Hendo and Keita, that ultimately is where the majority of changes take place, be good to get a settled 3. I think we can probably afford to rotate a little in the Porto game but I wouldn’t be doing it now for this game. Keita is a real unknown quantity and could cause Chelsea problems, going with Gini, Hendo and Milner I think will show that Klopp doesn’t fully trust Fab or Keita in the big games.

Wijnaldum Fab Keita for me with Henderson coming on early to make a massive impact.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #77: Apr 13, 2019 12:29:59 pm

Yep I'd go Henderson,  Fabinho and Keita then for Porto bring in Gini and Milner.
      Harrisimo

• 8,177 posts | 1385 
      Reply #78: Apr 13, 2019 12:40:24 pm
      Gunner miss the game due to circs beyond..Still go for a 2-1..poss 3-1. Close game expected, few hazzards to overcome. Fully expect Barclay to put the boot in. He left one on Hendo a few years back. Hope Klopp sticks with TAA and doesn't go with Milner. I mean he might do as Milly has more experience to deal with Hazzard but I'd stick with TAA.
      Harrisimo

• 8,177 posts | 1385 
      Reply #79: Apr 13, 2019 12:46:14 pm
      Wijnaldum Fab Keita for me with Henderson coming on early to make a massive impact.

Your not expecting us to do a sleep walking performance and relying on Hendo to do his wakey wakey supersub act r u..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #80: Apr 13, 2019 01:01:47 pm
      Yep I'd go Henderson,  Fabinho and Keita then for Porto bring in Gini and Milner.

I suspect that wont be far from Jurgens thoughts this is a massive game and a tight one where the Porto game will be contain and counter attack. This midfield needs a bit of time to see just how strong it can be. Gini will get back soon I think he needs to give his legs a rest then come back ready for the historic games coming up
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #81: Apr 13, 2019 01:07:41 pm
      Most pundits have City top of the league come tomorrow night well good for them that suits us fine.
      Anyone else got a feeling Palace might just do something special tomorrow it can be a difficult place to go to.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #82: Apr 13, 2019 01:51:45 pm

I think if we play that 3 against Chelsea, then Fabinho and Henderson will have to sit, so more of a 4231, if we want to control the midfield.

We were so open against Porto, because Fabinho didn't have Wijnaldum next to him.
      Fabinho, at the moment, seems to want to drift right, and leaves his left open, especially when he is playing aggressively, and wanting to get on the front foot early.

Again, I wouldn't be surprised to see Milner, Wijnaldum and Henderson, with Fabinho coming on later.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #83: Apr 13, 2019 01:53:42 pm
      Your not expecting us to do a sleep walking performance and relying on Hendo to do his wakey wakey supersub act r u..

Just thinking about Henderson’s last sub appearance which made a difference.

However I feel Wijnaldum adds that class needed against big teams (especially at home), Fab is just quality as a DM and Keita has the attacking flair to get chances created.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #84: Apr 13, 2019 02:11:56 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

I will be at a picnic :( Will only see the second half, hope by that time we already done the job!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #85: Apr 13, 2019 02:14:08 pm
      Just thinking about Henderson’s last sub appearance which made a difference.

However I feel Wijnaldum adds that class needed against big teams (especially at home), Fab is just quality as a DM and Keita has the attacking flair to get chances created.

The more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards wanting Fab in the middle and patrolling those spaces between the lines. Jorginho is probably the best at finding players there.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #86: Apr 13, 2019 02:15:07 pm
      Plenty of motivation for this one.

The wheels came off in 13/14 against them, we were looking good for a title. Only lost it by 2 points in the end - so that result was massive, in a bad way. Can't recall being so disappointed after a game since that one tbh. Awful result. Plus what happened with SG made it a day to forget.  We have a chance to bite back for that one on Sunday.

And the thing with the Chavs fans and the Mo chant will add some extra fuel.  We can use all that.

F***ing Hazard is playing well again, we know what he can do - for me we need to soften him up a bit and think Fab should start. Would also play Matip, don't like the idea of Lovren lunging in on the wee sh*te as he's making his runs. Dejan can get a bit anxious in big matches against top players.

TAA might struggle defensively, his form going forward has been OK - playing Milner is an option instead. Not sure about that one though. TAA has more pace, and offers a lot more in attack. And don't want to get to defensive.

Would probably go with:

Allison
          TAA Matip VVD Robbo
              Keita Hendo Fab
            Salah Firmino Mane

Given who played last match, this is probably unlikely. Could see Gini/Milner come in. But I'd start that way.

Nothing less than 3 points will do. Go out there to win, not contain.

Running out of games, we don't want to be the ones to blink first. The Citeh game vs CP is no gimme. We need to be there...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #87: Apr 13, 2019 02:22:03 pm
      Most pundits have City top of the league come tomorrow night well good for them that suits us fine.
      Anyone else got a feeling Palace might just do something special tomorrow it can be a difficult place to go to.

Won’t do us fine if City are top then, they will be top whilst also having an extra game to play. That’s not ideal at all, we’d need them to drop points twice as opposed to once. It’s anything but fine.

I’ve said for a while now that the game I can see City dropping points is against Palace...will soon find out.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #88: Apr 13, 2019 02:30:53 pm
      why not check out his goal scoring it doesn't really stand up 22 in 142
      this is what we have to accept as someone's opinion that has absolutely no credibility in the world most of us inhabit
      That's Your opinion...  :D

He seems to cause defenses trouble when he plays, and have been doing so no matter which ever club he has plays for... Has done so plenty of times for LFC when we have faced him... Maybe not a big goal scorer, but has plenty of positive input on a game
      « Last Edit: Apr 13, 2019 02:46:27 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #89: Apr 13, 2019 02:56:31 pm
      Won’t do us fine if City are top then, they will be top whilst also having an extra game to play. That’s not ideal at all, we’d need them to drop points twice as opposed to once. It’s anything but fine.

I’ve said for a while now that the game I can see City dropping points is against Palace...will soon find out.

Don't share your optimism for Palace but hope you are right
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #90: Apr 13, 2019 02:59:33 pm
      That's Your opinion...  :D

He seems to cause defenses trouble when he plays, and have been doing so no matter which ever club he has plays for... Has done so plenty of times for LFC when we have faced him... Maybe not a big goal scorer, but has plenty of positive input on a game

mate a striker with that goal ratio isn't a striker. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #91: Apr 13, 2019 03:00:48 pm

I said the pundits have them top not me why would I want City top.

Quick Reply