Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Chelsea (14/04/19 - 16:30)

Read 14588 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Pre-Match: Liverpool V Chelsea (14/04/19 - 16:30)
      Apr 11, 2019 11:18:02 am

Robbo back in at left back and that is it. I see no reason to change the midfield with both Hendo and Keita high on confidence with Fabinho as the anchor.

No matter what happens in the City game, lets get back on top by Sunday night! 2-0 Reds!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Chelsea (14/04/19 - 16:30)
      Reply #1: Apr 11, 2019 11:24:57 am
      Have a feeling it might be the tried and trusted by Klopp in midfield although hope not.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Apr 11, 2019 12:29:18 pm
      Have a feeling it might be the tried and trusted by Klopp in midfield although hope not.

Oh I really hope he doesn't do that, I think Hazard would rip us to shreds if our midfield is Hendo, Milner and Gini, we need to start playing a bit more positive against the big boys so same midfield as Tuesday please.

BTW its 7 years since we last beat Chelsea at Anfield in the league so a win is massively overdue!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #3: Apr 11, 2019 12:34:56 pm
      Without doubt the biggest and most important game of our season thus far. A win in what is our toughest remaining leHue fixture and it will place huge pressure on City. We simply have to win it.

I expect our midfield three to be Fab, Henderson and Milner. We weren’t great defensively the other night and I think this will play on klopps mind. I’d be surprised if Keita starts.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4: Apr 11, 2019 12:42:19 pm
      Hazard has been in fine form. Too bad (for him) he has to play against VVD now. 3-1 to us.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5: Apr 11, 2019 01:12:27 pm
      Hazard has been in fine form. Too bad (for him) he has to play against VVD now. 3-1 to us.

It really boils down to Hazard, if he is in beast mode again then he'll be hard to contain, I'd almost suggest man marking him and certainly kicking some lumps out of him, within the rules of course ;-).
      I think we should go full throttle/Newcastle Keegan styley in this match and just look to outscore the fuckers as we know we have a better defense and attack. If we play this cagey it could bite us in the arse.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #6: Apr 11, 2019 01:24:00 pm
      It really boils down to Hazard, if he is in beast mode again then he'll be hard to contain, I'd almost suggest man marking him and certainly kicking some lumps out of him, within the rules of course ;-).
      I think we should go full throttle/Newcastle Keegan styley in this match and just look to outscore the fuckers as we know we have a better defense and attack. If we play this cagey it could bite us in the arse.

Agree. If our midfield cut out the service to hazard, he’s always likely to try one of his mazy runs. If we stick Fab on him he won’t feel so comfortable as he approaches vvd😁
      Although it looks impressive, those runs of his only pay off about 1 in 10.
      Their midfield also have to contend with us getting the ball forward as well, so they gonna have their hands full. It just seems when people talk about Hazard, they think it’s nailed on he’s gonna run riot. He has poor games as well.
      Also, what’s gone before has gone. This and this alone is our most important game of the season !
      I’d certainly want Fab anchoring, Hendo in there driving on, with Millie to start, and see how it goes. Either Keita or Gini to come in on the result of that!
       You know I can’t remember what I posted, but how I feel at the mo, I’m thinking 2-0 to the red men.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7: Apr 11, 2019 01:27:32 pm
      Agree. If our midfield cut out the service to hazard, he’s always likely to try one of his mazy runs. If we stick Fab on him he won’t feel so comfortable as he approaches vvd😁
      Although it looks impressive, those runs of his only pay off about 1 in 10.
      Their midfield also have to contend with us getting the ball forward as well, so they gonna have their hands full. It just seems when people talk about Hazard, they think it’s nailed on he’s gonna run riot. He has poor games as well.
      Also, what’s gone before has gone. This and this alone is our most important game of the season !
      I’d certainly want Fab anchoring, Hendo in there driving on, with Millie to start, and see how it goes. Either Keita or Gini to come in on the result of that!
       You know I can’t remember what I posted, but how I feel at the mo, I’m thinking 2-0 to the red men.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum start.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #8: Apr 11, 2019 01:33:34 pm
      Wijnaldum is an absolute beast at home, so I would have him starting but as a 6 as he rarely gets dribbled past with Hendo & Lallana as the 8's.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #9: Apr 11, 2019 02:01:13 pm
      Wijnaldum is an absolute beast at home, so I would have him starting but as a 6 as he rarely gets dribbled past with Hendo & Lallana as the 8's.

so you'd drop Fabinho, why???
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #10: Apr 11, 2019 02:03:41 pm
      Toughest game for us left and a real hard team to predict

If we win then I think we will win the league
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #11: Apr 11, 2019 02:07:50 pm
      Only change will be Robbo.

Plenty of time for players to recover for this game.

Strong bench with plenty options to change it.

Honestly think we might rip them a new one, they have a tough away trip in Europa tonight, will maybe only have Saturday to do some light training and prepare for this game.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #12: Apr 11, 2019 02:09:59 pm

Not sure if glass Adam will be fit...isn't he dealing with another muscular injury?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #13: Apr 11, 2019 02:46:08 pm
      Just read Hazard may be rested tonight, and they may make 5 changes to prepare for our game.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #14: Apr 11, 2019 02:53:10 pm
      Not sure if glass Adam will be fit...isn't he dealing with another muscular injury?

I think Klopp said prior to the Porto game that Adam would be available for the weekend but he'll probably pull a muscle going up the stairs.

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #15: Apr 11, 2019 02:57:35 pm
      Will be driving to the airport to go on vacation (yay!) so will miss the game but excited for it given how big this game is.

As usual, lineup is pretty simple in back 5 and front 3, and while i loved the midfield trio against Porto, i'm thinking Gini gets back in, and knowing Klopp, will probably go back to Gini-Hendo-Milner which would be a shame.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #16: Apr 11, 2019 03:00:36 pm
      As much as we would like Keita to play, think Gini will take his spot, Robbo back for Milly and Matip for Lovren. Hendo will be tasked to help out Trent and restrict Hazard's movement. Thats what West Ham did for the first 20 mins, then he moved centrally and manufactured that goal. Hope Fab will be ready for such plays.

Mane-Bobby-Mo
      Gini-Fab-Hendo
      Robbo-Virgil-Matip-Trent
      Alisson

Subs: Migs, Gomez, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Shaq, Origi
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17: Apr 11, 2019 03:39:42 pm
      As much as we would like Keita to play, think Gini will take his spot, Robbo back for Milly and Matip for Lovren. Hendo will be tasked to help out Trent and restrict Hazard's movement. Thats what West Ham did for the first 20 mins, then he moved centrally and manufactured that goal. Hope Fab will be ready for such plays.

Mane-Bobby-Mo
      Gini-Fab-Hendo
      Robbo-Virgil-Matip-Trent
      Alisson

Subs: Migs, Gomez, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Shaq, Origi

Looks a bit safety first and we have to take the bull by the horns.was a controlled professional performance V Porto but a shade more urgency is required V The Polymerics.

All nine players should form a circle with Salah in the middle and run as one towards the Chelsea end..and then part like a wave for Mo to boot it in..that's the plan.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #18: Apr 11, 2019 04:37:01 pm
      Man Shitty were 4-0 up against this shower of sh*te at half time in the league game recently, going on to win 6-0.
      So, no excuses, If they can do it, we can !
      All we have to do is get the ball forward and finish our chances in front of goal.
      Keita v Kante, will be like watching two u12's  :laugh:
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #19: Apr 11, 2019 04:58:43 pm
      We usually struggle at home to these and I think it'll be more of the same. 

Reckon it'll be a midfield of Hendo, Gini & Fab.

Tight match with the usual few scares and a narrow, but crucial 2-1 victory.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #20: Apr 11, 2019 05:53:19 pm
      Going to be another tough game I’m sure, not going to lie, but that 2013/2014 home game to Chelsea still haunts me. :(

Going with a 2-1 nail biting, pant shitting, heart attack win for us.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #21: Apr 11, 2019 06:29:57 pm
      Chelsea always put on a decent show at Anfield, but think it will be a narrow win for the Reds.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #22: Apr 11, 2019 06:35:33 pm
      Really hope we don't make the mistake of going back to Hendo, Gini and Milner in midfield. Stick with Fab, Hendo and Keita, let them pick up where they left off and build up a good understanding of all playing together. In particular Hendo and Keita will be full of confidence on the back of their last two performances.

I don't think it would be the worst idea in the world to go with Milner at RB, Trent just doesn't seem solid at the moment defensively. I know he offers that threat going forward so I'm not against him starting this game, just saying that I'd understand why if Klopp went for Milner there instead.

We seem to struggle against Chelsea for one reason or another, they always seem to be in good form or pick their form up when it comes to playing us. A much needed and overdue win against these!

Quick Reply