Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Chelsea (14/04/19 - 16:30)

Read 14587 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Chelsea (14/04/19 - 16:30)
      Reply #23: Apr 11, 2019 06:56:02 pm
      Hazard being rested. We will have to be up for this one. Chelsea look a different threat at the moment with him back on form and the much delayed arrival of CHO into their team.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #24: Apr 11, 2019 07:20:44 pm
      Not sure I fancy Fab and squaring him up which is a weakness of his. Saying that still think he will play but Keita think will miss out and Gini in
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #25: Apr 11, 2019 07:54:57 pm
      As much as we would like Keita to play, think Gini will take his spot, Robbo back for Milly and Matip for Lovren. Hendo will be tasked to help out Trent and restrict Hazard's movement. Thats what West Ham did for the first 20 mins, then he moved centrally and manufactured that goal. Hope Fab will be ready for such plays.

Mane-Bobby-Mo
      Gini-Fab-Hendo
      Robbo-Virgil-Matip-Trent
      Alisson

Subs: Migs, Gomez, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Shaq, Origi

Mane-Bobby-Mo
      Gini-Fab-Hendo
      Robbo-Virgil-Lovren-Trent
      Alisson

Subs: Migs, Gomez, Matip, Milner, Keita, Shaq, Origi

prefer Lovren as cover than Matip
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #26: Apr 11, 2019 07:58:03 pm
      F**k them up reds.

Beer since 1.

My kids are here. Iā€™m like an ancient wonder of the world to them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #27: Apr 11, 2019 07:59:48 pm
      F**k them up reds.

Beer since 1.

My kids are here. Iā€™m like an ancient wonder of the world to them.

FRiday mate just opened a bottle of Bourbon set for the Masters. I really want us to cause Chelsea damage on sunday and keep them out of the top 4
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #28: Apr 11, 2019 08:54:06 pm
      Sarri with a mixed bag against Prague today. No Hazard.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29: Apr 11, 2019 09:00:48 pm
      Sarri with a mixed bag against Prague today. No Hazard.

Virtually their strongest team isnā€™t? Aside from Hazard and Kante, not sure who else is missing of any note.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #30: Apr 11, 2019 09:02:03 pm
      Virtually their strongest team isnā€™t? Aside from Hazard and Kante, not sure who else is missing of any note.

Higuain, though he's sucked
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31: Apr 11, 2019 09:05:20 pm

Yeah Iā€™d put Giroud comfortably ahead of him to be honest. From what Iā€™ve seen of Higuain so far heā€™s been sh*te, like the useless waste of money he replaced.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #32: Apr 11, 2019 09:16:48 pm
      Gini and Hendo in midfield and my only question is Milner or a resurgent Keita, but I'm guessing JĆ¼rgen will go with Milner.

I understand some Chelsea fans were kept from attending the Europa League match in Prague tonight because they were singing racist songs about Mo Salah earlier in the day. Classy lot.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #33: Apr 11, 2019 09:27:25 pm
      From a previous post before, would never of guessed that it has been 7 years since we beat them at Anfield???
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #34: Apr 11, 2019 09:34:22 pm
      I would start the same midfield as the last game.

I wonder if Gomez is fit enough to start and maybe he could start at RB to better defend against Hazard? Hes faster and stronger than AA, and Matip can play at centre back with VVD.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: Apr 11, 2019 09:35:35 pm
      Chelsea fans in trouble for the following
      Three Chelsea supporters were barred entry into the clubā€™s Europa League tie here after they were identified by security staff as having engaged in a chant describing the Liverpool forward, Mohamed Salah, as a ā€œbomberā€.
      I am just about sick and tired of lowlife pieces of scum sharing this planet with decent people . I cant imagine a more quiet, peace loving decent human being than our Mo we simply cant allow this to continue any longer these people are sub human and deserve to be treated as such they do not deserve to share the same air as the rest of us.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #36: Apr 11, 2019 10:14:55 pm
      Chelsea fans in trouble for the following
      Three Chelsea supporters were barred entry into the clubā€™s Europa League tie here after they were identified by security staff as having engaged in a chant describing the Liverpool forward, Mohamed Salah, as a ā€œbomberā€.
      I am just about sick and tired of lowlife pieces of scum sharing this planet with decent people . I cant imagine a more quiet, peace loving decent human being than our Mo we simply cant allow this to continue any longer these people are sub human and deserve to be treated as such they do not deserve to share the same air as the rest of us.

bas**rds.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #37: Apr 11, 2019 11:18:59 pm
      Beat Chelsea anyway we can to get the 3 points.Even if it takes a goal like Garcia scored against them a few years ago that will suffice.We are nearly there REDS so just go out  for number 19.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #38: Apr 12, 2019 12:58:24 am
      Chelsea bar three people over Mohamed Salah video

Chelsea prevented three people from entering the stadium for Thursday's Europa League quarter-final at Slavia Prague after a video appeared to show them singing an abusive song about Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah.

The group were apparently chanting "Salah is a bomber" repeatedly.

Liverpool said the video shows "vile discriminatory chants" and is "dangerous and disturbing".

Three of the six people in the video were identified and barred.

Chelsea are working to identify the other three, who did not turn up.

The Stamford Bridge club, who are working with police and Liverpool, said the people concerned were an "embarrassment".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47902288
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #39: Apr 12, 2019 01:17:17 am
      Chelsea bar three people over Mohamed Salah video

Chelsea prevented three people from entering the stadium for Thursday's Europa League quarter-final at Slavia Prague after a video appeared to show them singing an abusive song about Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah.

The group were apparently chanting "Salah is a bomber" repeatedly.

Liverpool said the video shows "vile discriminatory chants" and is "dangerous and disturbing".

Three of the six people in the video were identified and barred.

Chelsea are working to identify the other three, who did not turn up.

The Stamford Bridge club, who are working with police and Liverpool, said the people concerned were an "embarrassment".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47902288

Nice to see Chelsea acted and refused them entry.  Hope they identify the other 3 and ban all 6 for life from their games.  F***ing idiots....
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #40: Apr 12, 2019 04:50:54 am
      Looks a bit safety first and we have to take the bull by the horns.was a controlled professional performance V Porto but a shade more urgency is required V The Polymerics.

All nine players should form a circle with Salah in the middle and run as one towards the Chelsea end..and then part like a wave for Mo to boot it in..that's the plan.

Mate, if there was anything we lacked in the Porto game, it was control. We had two #8s pushing up, resulting in a more open game than usual. Kante & Jorginho are definites to play 90 mins and we all know Sarri's usual subs. Lets see how we shape ourselves for that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41: Apr 12, 2019 09:48:48 am
      Mate, if there was anything we lacked in the Porto game, it was control. We had two #8s pushing up, resulting in a more open game than usual. Kante & Jorginho are definites to play 90 mins and we all know Sarri's usual subs. Lets see how we shape ourselves for that.

We got away with being indisciplined compared to our normal performances because Porto are not that strong.
      It wouldn't surprise me to see Henderson back to a more defensive role on Sunday.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #42: Apr 12, 2019 10:54:30 am
      Fair doā€™s to Chelski for acting so swiftly re the racist incident.

I know there is racists in all fan base they are just a reflection of society but for some reason clubs like Chelsea, Milwall and Hammers do seem to have a greater following.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #43: Apr 12, 2019 11:09:32 am
      We owe these a doing.

Lets get inaboot them. !!!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #44: Apr 12, 2019 12:01:51 pm
      Mane-Bobby-Mo
      Gini-Fab-Hendo
      Robbo-Virgil-Lovren-Trent
      Alisson

Subs: Migs, Gomez, Matip, Milner, Keita, Shaq, Origi

prefer Lovren as cover than Matip

I'm torn between this and the one you quoted. Matip is a coward who shys away from any aggression, Lovren's prone to his head going and lunging in like an idiot. Neither choice fills me with confidence when we're talking about an inform Hazard. Digressing slightly, since Gomez has now been injured three times in three seasons (is it?)  I think we need another belter at CB to partner big Virge. Anyway the rest of the team is what I would expect, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Milner shoehorned in somewhere. Boss seems to like him.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #45: Apr 12, 2019 12:18:59 pm
      I'm torn between this and the one you quoted. Matip is a coward who shys away from any aggression, Lovren's prone to his head going and lunging in like an idiot. Neither choice fills me with confidence when we're talking about an inform Hazard. Digressing slightly, since Gomez has now been injured three times in three seasons (is it?)  I think we need another belter at CB to partner big Virge. Anyway the rest of the team is what I would expect, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Milner shoehorned in somewhere. Boss seems to like him.

F**k me Matip is a coward wow what a line.....he's been one of our best players since he got back in playing regularly,  you must be watching a different game to me.

Quick Reply