Trending Topics

Next match: Man Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 20th Oct @ 4:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Old Trafford

Today is the 20th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W8 D8 L9

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.6%)
       Fabinho
      14 (10.9%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      43 (33.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      61 (47.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (2.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      1 (0.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Voting closed: Apr 18, 2019 06:22:29 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5025 times
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,418 posts | 2052 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #400: Apr 14, 2019 08:50:49 pm
      Palace just laid down and rolled over for City, but what else can you expect from the Hodge?

Yes that was a very poor performance from Palace
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts | 79 
      Reply #401: Apr 14, 2019 08:53:34 pm
      Boy is Mo getting his form back at a good time! I hope he scores in every game remaining till the end of the season.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,144 posts | 225 
      Reply #402: Apr 14, 2019 08:58:16 pm
      Great game. High intensity, high pressing football is back. We got a bit over-excited after Mo's goal of the season and nearly let them back in, we were so fired up to score more, but it was a great overall performance against a dangerous team.

I think we are back to being slight favourites again for the title. Pressure is right on them now with a couple of tough games coming up. If we keep playing like that then we can't really do more from our point of view.

Mo MOTM, but everybody played well.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1989 
      Reply #403: Apr 14, 2019 09:07:36 pm
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,269 posts | 2876 
      Reply #404: Apr 14, 2019 09:08:44 pm
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #405: Apr 14, 2019 09:33:58 pm
      All the Hendo bashers gone under their rocks... again.
      We are still here  ;D
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #406: Apr 14, 2019 09:34:15 pm
      Great win today all we can do is hope and pray city drop points  somewhere. Hate to see all those xunired players on saying they don't care who wins in manchester Derby as long as lpool don't win the league. Says all you need to know.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #407: Apr 14, 2019 09:41:37 pm
      Regarding Henderson... Since moving him further up field he as been a better player

Was a bit concerned with Keita /Kante before the match... Silly me  ;D played very well. Shows what a couple of goals has done for his confidence. Great game

COYR
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,467 posts | 1984 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #408: Apr 14, 2019 09:46:55 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,032 posts | 897 
      Reply #409: Apr 14, 2019 10:49:41 pm
      Yeah. Wrote in the pre-match I just didn't feel nervous about this, but felt really optimistic. Could be the best team in the world just now. Fine margins and all that, but we're in the discussion.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,854 posts | 5161 
      • YNWA
      Reply #410: Apr 14, 2019 11:30:21 pm
      Had the immense pleasure of sitting in the Kop for this one with brother and sister. Shredded voices at the end of it all - wonderful atmosphere and an awesome second half display. I would love to tell you more about the Salah goal but it was all a bit of a blur. Sheer bedlam as it hit the net. Fantastic moment that I'll treasure for a long time.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,690 posts | 1928 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #411: Apr 14, 2019 11:56:02 pm
      Laughing at geoff shreeves reaction when mo scored

https://twitter.com/nasonwrite/status/1117468781293592577?s=20
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,102 posts | 415 
      Reply #412: Apr 15, 2019 12:03:52 am
      Regarding Henderson... Since moving him further up field he as been a better player

Was a bit concerned with Keita /Kante before the match... Silly me  ;D played very well. Shows what a couple of goals has done for his confidence. Great game

COYR

One of the main moans regarding Hendo was that he didn't influence games enough when others didn't do the business. If a game was destined for a draw or we were behind Hendo wasn't influential enough, to many average games.

This I believe is his 4th season as captain and he finds himself being played as an attacking midfielder.Higher than he has ever played. It's to early to say he will a total success.

Does he have enough, he has great energy and drive, not a great deal of subtlety, clever at times. Can he add goals to his repertoire, he has to, no question about that I think. Only 4 league games to go and it looks like Klopp has decided Hendo is tasked with driving this team to at least max 12 points. I think he's up to it, point is will 12pts be enough.

Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,065 posts | 1622 
      Reply #413: Apr 15, 2019 12:05:23 am
      We're on course to have the third, fourth or fifth highest points total, with adjustments for number of games and the two point system in the history of top flight English football. We're are witnessing one of the greatest teams to ever grace the English top flight. At the very least, we should all be enjoying this.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,073 posts | 3903 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #414: Apr 15, 2019 12:08:56 am
      We're on course to have the third, fourth or fifth highest points total, with adjustments for number of games and the two point system in the history of top flight English football. We're are witnessing one of the greatest teams to ever grace the English top flight. At the very least, we should all be enjoying this.

It’s brutal that we could potentially finish on 97 points, lose 3 less games than City and still not win the league. Only us that would happen to. United, Arsenal, City and Chelsea when they’ve had boss seasons and been well ahead of everyone, just our rotten luck there’s another team when we do it.

Massive end to the season.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #415: Apr 15, 2019 12:35:56 am
      Great game. High intensity, high pressing football is back. We got a bit over-excited after Mo's goal of the season and nearly let them back in, we were so fired up to score more, but it was a great overall performance against a dangerous team.

I think we are back to being slight favourites again for the title. Pressure is right on them now with a couple of tough games coming up. If we keep playing like that then we can't really do more from our point of view.

Mo MOTM, but everybody played well.

I am still here. Lets be fair. He's a very different player in the last 2 games. When he did well, i can't be saying otherwise and vice versa. I voted hendo motm.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,102 posts | 415 
      Reply #416: Apr 15, 2019 12:37:46 am
      The Ballard of Mo Salah nears the end of chapter 2.

A thunder strike, a guided missile of a goal. Such power,he needed to get that lash out of his system because a slightly more mentally relaxed Salah is a much more dangerous player.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,784 posts | 3370 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #417: Apr 15, 2019 06:45:24 am
      It’s brutal that we could potentially finish on 97 points, lose 3 less games than City and still not win the league. Only us that would happen to. United, Arsenal, City and Chelsea when they’ve had boss seasons and been well ahead of everyone, just our rotten luck there’s another team when we do it.

Massive end to the season.

Spot on mate. Be f**king heartbreaking if we don't win it. Not sure I could cope, let's just f**king hope City f**k up somehow, somewhere and other Teams have the balls to take it those Cu*ts.

I watched that Palace match beforehand and was cursing those cu*ts, Roy and f**king Raheem. Palace din't even look like wanting anything other then a loss until the 81st minute!!!

As for us....wowie, sucked in you Chav Cu*ts, I f**king hate you and I'm pretty sure Mo was wording up Eden for next season and he will come join us, that's why he fluffed those 2 chances.  ;D ;D ;D

Great stuff from the Boys, wonderful cross from Hendo and seeing Sadio mid air waiting for that cross was a thing of beauty and then that moment that will live with me forever. When Mo hit it, I was yelling, it's gonna go in, it's gonna go in and in it f**king went. Woosh. Loved his yoga celebration. Zen Motherfuckers, Zen!

Come on boys! This is our moment.
      Muzzman1969
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 918 posts | 41 
      Reply #418: Apr 15, 2019 07:04:04 am
      Well we are still in it and it will go down to the wire.

Although Hendo was superb I had to go for Mo as MOTM. That finish was incredible and so unlike his normal style of the curler. And the first wasn’t bad either.

I think that Wednesday’s game at the Empty’s will go a long way to define how the title unfolds. We just need to do our stuff and que sera sera.

jimbo1962
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 37 
      Reply #419: Apr 15, 2019 08:24:34 am
      Mo's or Daniels wonder strike equaliser, the last time we met?
      I think I prefer Daniels.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,417 posts | 1824 
      Reply #420: Apr 15, 2019 08:25:07 am
      What a fantastic game and what a fantastic goal by Mo.What impressed me was the way every player joined in attack and defended when required.I nearly had a heart attack when Robbo slipped ( visions of Stevie ) but I need not of worried.Well done Jürgen and THE REDS for a job well done
      LondonRed83

• 9,765 posts | 1410 
      Reply #421: Apr 15, 2019 08:26:16 am
      Mo's or Daniels wonder strike equaliser, the last time we met?
      I think I prefer Daniels.

Both unbelievable, can’t really split them. Probably Salah as it means more for our team as gives Mohamed so much more confidence.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,123 posts | 271 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #422: Apr 15, 2019 09:41:43 am
      yaasssssss up the reds.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,684 posts | 3076 
      Reply #423: Apr 15, 2019 11:12:12 am
      That was a thundercunt of a hit from Salah,
      On a repeat in my head.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #424: Apr 15, 2019 12:03:41 pm
      A very very brave display, attack with caution, not overly done and coped well when defending. That's the way its done. We found the right formula to beat this club filled with dirty oil money. Chelski is clearly on the decline, long may it last. More money pls Mr. Roman. next season it'll be harder for you to win the title.

Quick Reply