Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Premier League] Sat 24th Aug @ 5:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 23rd of August and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W13 D6 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.6%)
       Fabinho
      14 (10.9%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      43 (33.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      61 (47.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (2.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      1 (0.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Voting closed: Apr 18, 2019 06:22:29 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 4298 times
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,796 posts | 112 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #450: Apr 16, 2019 05:30:00 pm
      In his interview after the game, he said he did that bcos he is practising yogo now. Mo did not elaborate further why he is practising yogo. Probably to calm himself down a bit to stay focus in his game. That's just a guess.  Remain focus he did and he scored a stunning goal.

Well, more power to him. Increased flexibility, increased balance, increased focus and peace of mind. Plenty of good stuff. I personally love yoga, and I'm a powerlifter. Used to train 4-5x week, but cut it down to 3 to accomodate 2 yoga days. Never felt better.

Anyway, the tree pose is supposed to be related to being grounded. His hands are also in prayer, not extended, so he could be expressing gratitude, maybe towards himself, or towards Anfield itself - If he even considered any kind of symbolism to it, that is. Perhaps he just likes the tree pose :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,309 posts | 3357 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #451: Apr 17, 2019 12:34:38 am
      Their fans will want to win 100%

Not sure about that bit, like. Definitely not all of them. Fact.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 1973 
      Reply #452: Apr 17, 2019 07:33:31 am
      Not sure about that bit, like. Definitely not all of them. Fact.

For all the pre match bluster of saying they don't just wait until the day of their local derby
      We won't be in their minds.. winning the game will
      Trust me

After the game should they lose, it effecting our chances may soften it and make it easier for them but during the game I have no doubts

heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,162 posts | 1985 
      Reply #453: Apr 17, 2019 08:10:42 am
      For all the pre match bluster of saying they don't just wait until the day of their local derby
      We won't be in their minds.. winning the game will
      Trust me

After the game should they lose, it effecting our chances may soften it and make it easier for them but during the game I have no doubts

I agree, whatever we may think of Man Utd players and fans they are every bit as passionate and committed to their club as we are ours. There is no way in hell they will throw a game, especially not to their noisy neighbours!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,451 posts | 932 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #454: Apr 17, 2019 11:02:12 am
      WOW! What a game. Perfect performance and what a goal from the Egyptian King. Sublime. Hendo was man of the match for me. Beautiful performance, beautiful result.

Cardiff on Sunday.................. ......
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,451 posts | 932 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #455: Apr 17, 2019 11:08:52 am
      I remember seeing that and was brilliant! Not only did he make a show with his hand gestures, he deliberately slowed the game down which the rest of the players followed.

My MotM was Salah - but Keita is starting to look like the Dortmund Keita at last. Brilliant and intelligent by the little fella.

Sorry to sound pedantic but don't you mean the Leipzig Keita?  :D ;) :f_tongueincheek:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,696 posts | 4202 
      Reply #456: Apr 17, 2019 11:20:28 am
      Sorry to sound pedantic but don't you mean the Leipzig Keita?  :D ;) :f_tongueincheek:

I thought Rush was trying to engineer a big money move away for him.  To be fair, Dortmund could have done with him over the past few months!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,555 posts | 494 
      Reply #457: Apr 18, 2019 07:58:05 pm
      So another home win before the Anniversary. It's 15 years now since the last home loss before it, when under no pressure Djimi Traore fell over the ball and allowed Charlton to win here on Easter Monday that year. We're now 2 seasons unbeaten at home, and took 13 points at home against the top 6 this year.

All the pre-game build up was about the slip, repeated every few minutes on tv and radio as well, complete with commentary on both, and reported on a daily basis in every newspaper. It had zero effect on this game, but if we finish first next month, hopefully the second goal will be what people remember. Occasionally, there are times when you just know a strike is on its way in before it crosses the line. Sturridge was one example in the reverse fixture, Salah in this. Goal of the season is going to Townsend v City, but the Salah goal is just one of those you just never get tired of watching, it has everything you could possibly ask for. Pace, power, precision, and our 77th goal of the season was one to savour. That is his answer to opposition fans singing about him, and when he delivered it, it was on the pitch rather than in the pub.

Quick Reply