Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.6%)
       Fabinho
      14 (10.9%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      43 (33.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      61 (47.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (2.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      1 (0.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: Apr 18, 2019 06:22:29 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23528 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Apr 15, 2019 12:08:56 am
      We're on course to have the third, fourth or fifth highest points total, with adjustments for number of games and the two point system in the history of top flight English football. We're are witnessing one of the greatest teams to ever grace the English top flight. At the very least, we should all be enjoying this.

It’s brutal that we could potentially finish on 97 points, lose 3 less games than City and still not win the league. Only us that would happen to. United, Arsenal, City and Chelsea when they’ve had boss seasons and been well ahead of everyone, just our rotten luck there’s another team when we do it.

Massive end to the season.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #415: Apr 15, 2019 12:35:56 am
      Great game. High intensity, high pressing football is back. We got a bit over-excited after Mo's goal of the season and nearly let them back in, we were so fired up to score more, but it was a great overall performance against a dangerous team.

I think we are back to being slight favourites again for the title. Pressure is right on them now with a couple of tough games coming up. If we keep playing like that then we can't really do more from our point of view.

Mo MOTM, but everybody played well.

I am still here. Lets be fair. He's a very different player in the last 2 games. When he did well, i can't be saying otherwise and vice versa. I voted hendo motm.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #416: Apr 15, 2019 12:37:46 am
      The Ballard of Mo Salah nears the end of chapter 2.

A thunder strike, a guided missile of a goal. Such power,he needed to get that lash out of his system because a slightly more mentally relaxed Salah is a much more dangerous player.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #417: Apr 15, 2019 06:45:24 am
      It’s brutal that we could potentially finish on 97 points, lose 3 less games than City and still not win the league. Only us that would happen to. United, Arsenal, City and Chelsea when they’ve had boss seasons and been well ahead of everyone, just our rotten luck there’s another team when we do it.

Massive end to the season.

Spot on mate. Be f**king heartbreaking if we don't win it. Not sure I could cope, let's just f**king hope City f**k up somehow, somewhere and other Teams have the balls to take it those Cu*ts.

I watched that Palace match beforehand and was cursing those cu*ts, Roy and f**king Raheem. Palace din't even look like wanting anything other then a loss until the 81st minute!!!

As for us....wowie, sucked in you Chav Cu*ts, I f**king hate you and I'm pretty sure Mo was wording up Eden for next season and he will come join us, that's why he fluffed those 2 chances.  ;D ;D ;D

Great stuff from the Boys, wonderful cross from Hendo and seeing Sadio mid air waiting for that cross was a thing of beauty and then that moment that will live with me forever. When Mo hit it, I was yelling, it's gonna go in, it's gonna go in and in it f**king went. Woosh. Loved his yoga celebration. Zen Motherfuckers, Zen!

Come on boys! This is our moment.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #418: Apr 15, 2019 07:04:04 am
      Well we are still in it and it will go down to the wire.

Although Hendo was superb I had to go for Mo as MOTM. That finish was incredible and so unlike his normal style of the curler. And the first wasn’t bad either.

I think that Wednesday’s game at the Empty’s will go a long way to define how the title unfolds. We just need to do our stuff and que sera sera.

jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #419: Apr 15, 2019 08:24:34 am
      Mo's or Daniels wonder strike equaliser, the last time we met?
      I think I prefer Daniels.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #420: Apr 15, 2019 08:25:07 am
      What a fantastic game and what a fantastic goal by Mo.What impressed me was the way every player joined in attack and defended when required.I nearly had a heart attack when Robbo slipped ( visions of Stevie ) but I need not of worried.Well done Jürgen and THE REDS for a job well done
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #421: Apr 15, 2019 08:26:16 am

Both unbelievable, can’t really split them. Probably Salah as it means more for our team as gives Mohamed so much more confidence.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #422: Apr 15, 2019 09:41:43 am
      yaasssssss up the reds.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #423: Apr 15, 2019 11:12:12 am
      That was a thundercunt of a hit from Salah,
      On a repeat in my head.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #424: Apr 15, 2019 12:03:41 pm
      A very very brave display, attack with caution, not overly done and coped well when defending. That's the way its done. We found the right formula to beat this club filled with dirty oil money. Chelski is clearly on the decline, long may it last. More money pls Mr. Roman. next season it'll be harder for you to win the title.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #425: Apr 15, 2019 12:04:13 pm

Both great shots, Mo’s was all power, all laces, and Danny’s was a great dip to get into the top corner.

I’ll take Mo’s right now on how we are in the league table, not taking anything away from Danny’s goal.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #426: Apr 15, 2019 01:01:26 pm
      The intensity of our play in the second half was immense. Looking at the table we have drawn 7..City have drawn 2. Which indicates teams play harder against us or we haven't killed teams off or kept up the intensity.

City have scored 86 to our 77..that might indicate they kill teams off better than us and indeed we have had to get the winner late on a good few times. One things for sure we won't be lacking in intensity for the last 4 games.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #427: Apr 15, 2019 01:07:26 pm
      The intensity of our play in the second half was immense. Looking at the table we have drawn 7..City have drawn 2. Which indicates teams play harder against us or we haven't killed teams off or kept up the intensity.

City have scored 86 to our 77..that might indicate they kill teams off better than us and indeed we have had to get the winner late on a good few times. One things for sure we won't be lacking in intensity for the last 4 games.

Might also indicate they have infinite money and are better at intimidating other teams by fair means or foul.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #428: Apr 15, 2019 01:12:23 pm
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #429: Apr 15, 2019 01:15:15 pm
      Great performance and a great win.  Need spuds or scum to do us a favour now.

CMON lads!!!
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #430: Apr 15, 2019 01:44:12 pm
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #431: Apr 15, 2019 01:58:57 pm
      I remember seeing that and was brilliant! Not only did he make a show with his hand gestures, he deliberately slowed the game down which the rest of the players followed.

My MotM was Salah - but Keita is starting to look like the Dortmund Keita at last. Brilliant and intelligent by the little fella.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #432: Apr 15, 2019 02:21:55 pm
      Just gone for Mo for my motm. Not just for the stunning strike but for his non stop never say die attitude throughout the game.
      Yeah Hazard had a couple of chances, and everyone saying,
      Oh yeah but what iff ?
      Well we had more chances, so yeah, what iff.
      Thought that was the game we needed to win as our Prem final, well we did win, I got a perfect in the predictions so that’s even better.
      Now I think we’ll go on and win it.
      Got my rooms booked for 12-13 May in the city, and don’t see any reason to cancel 😁
      Prem C L double coming up then 😂
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #433: Apr 15, 2019 02:43:29 pm
      I wasn't on to post yesterday but my oh my what a win! I still can't get over the Salah worldie. Amazing.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #434: Apr 15, 2019 02:53:36 pm
      My MOTM....Fabinho....but so many were deserving.
      Chelsea gave Fab space which allowed LFC's offense to generate from the midfield ranks for a change and Fab easily had his best game. Smart decisions...total control.

Mo was awesome as well. His work rate is always unmatched. The fact the both Mo and Mane could run past Chelsea's backs at will was a bit of a surprise and an area Chelsea should address this summer. Mo's strike was easily his cleanest/most powerful strike in a season when his space has been so limited.

LFC's current brand of ball is 10 out of 10.
      Klopp has opened up the offense at the most important time of year and the back 4 + Allison have managed to limit damage though they have looked vulnerable at times. A risk/reward calculation necessary right now as LFC charge forward toward 2 trophies. So freakin exciting

Final hats of to the captain. Big offensive plays in 2 huge matches. Love his mindset matched by his teammates.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #435: Apr 15, 2019 04:00:32 pm
      Before the game had that tosser Ashley Cole saying this would be the game Van Dijk gets dribbled past and Hazard will do it a few times...didn't even come close.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #436: Apr 15, 2019 04:11:10 pm
      Before the game had that tosser Ashley Cole saying this would be the game Van Dijk gets dribbled past and Hazard will do it a few times...didn't even come close.

Did get the drop on us twice and he very nearly scored. I mean top quality players will create something out of nothing. Hazzard gave Matip the slip, made a blind side run and hit the post, and mishit the second chance.

Quick Reply