Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.6%)
       Fabinho
      14 (10.9%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      43 (33.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      61 (47.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (2.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      1 (0.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: Apr 18, 2019 06:22:29 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23516 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Apr 15, 2019 04:13:26 pm
      Did get the drop on us twice and he very nearly scored. I mean top quality players will create something out of nothing. Hazzard gave Matip the slip, made a blind side run and hit the post, and mishit the second chance.

But did he dribble past Van Dijk? Which is what my post was actually about.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #438: Apr 15, 2019 05:40:10 pm
      No time to read all previous post!!
      Anyone tell me what Mo’ celebration meant.?
      In Egypt atM0, and some waiters asked me if I knew. Cheers.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #439: Apr 15, 2019 05:48:23 pm
      One thing I'll say is that I'm surprised there weren't more votes for Firmino. He was absolutely outstanding in that second half and it seemed he didn't give the Chelsea midfield and defence a single moment's rest.

Lovely to see Hendo get the votes though - he was right in their faces and his defensive positioning was superb.

Still absolutely buzzing from yesterday. One of the best memories I've had as a Liverpool fan being there to see that goal and the minutes afterwards was something special. Primal noise!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #440: Apr 15, 2019 06:35:30 pm

A yoga pose apparently, called "The Tree"
      Speculation says that he was showing his roots are at Anfield now.

Read it in the paper.
      No idea if true.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #441: Apr 15, 2019 06:43:09 pm
      According to BBC a flare was thrown into some Chelsea fans after our first goal, whoever did that should be in huge trouble. A child needed hospital treatment.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #442: Apr 15, 2019 08:08:31 pm
      Had the immense pleasure of sitting in the Kop for this one with brother and sister. Shredded voices at the end of it all - wonderful atmosphere and an awesome second half display. I would love to tell you more about the Salah goal but it was all a bit of a blur. Sheer bedlam as it hit the net. Fantastic moment that I'll treasure for a long time.
      Amazing mate, must be quite a memory. First and only time I’ve managed to make it to Anfield was when Salah scored a brace against Spurs, including that brilliant solo goal. That match was a draw and the points weren’t half as important as they were last night but it’s a memory that’ll stay with me, so I can only imagine how you feel.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #443: Apr 15, 2019 08:54:01 pm

Thought it was related to the 'Mo Salah you little dancer' thing, but not sure either...
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #444: Apr 16, 2019 08:59:24 am
      Did get the drop on us twice and he very nearly scored. I mean top quality players will create something out of nothing. Hazzard gave Matip the slip, made a blind side run and hit the post, and mishit the second chance.

Got the drop on Naby once and a sleeping Matip twice never got anywhere near big Virg.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #445: Apr 16, 2019 09:09:49 am

Read it in the paper.
      No idea if true.

In his interview after the game, he said he did that bcos he is practising yogo now. Mo did not elaborate further why he is practising yogo. Probably to calm himself down a bit to stay focus in his game. That's just a guess.  Remain focus he did and he scored a stunning goal.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #446: Apr 16, 2019 09:22:42 am
      F***ing hell. Those Chelsea fans were right. Pick that bomb out your net dick heads.

Ha ha.  How did I miss this one in the in-game thread!
      Kopite78
      Reply #447: Apr 16, 2019 10:22:37 am
      I can't see it there form is awful. Even ole said be his worst nightmare we win. I hope ta f**k your right but can't see it. City will roll them over. Teams seem to not even want to go toe to toe with them. Can they not take a leaf out of Swansea book and go at them. They did and should have beaten them.

United will be trying 100%
      Their fans will want to win 100%

I remember back in 95 when we were playing Blackburn last day of the season and the potential was there that if we won it may hand United the title.
      I remember 100% wanting us to win, that was all that concerned me, us winning a game. Because I take more joy from Liverpool winning than another side losing

I know United fans and players will eb exactly the same. The idea they will roll over and want to lose is laughable

If they're good enough is another thing but they will want to win

I'm not sure if they drop points from here.. I'd imagine they will and this week looks like the key week for us if they will.

But whatever happens I'm not having that anyone thinks we've failed this season
      Finishing 90+ is not a failure

Again anyone who thinks it is is an a fool
      Kopite78
      Reply #448: Apr 16, 2019 10:24:44 am
      According to BBC a flare was thrown into some Chelsea fans after our first goal, whoever did that should be in huge trouble. A child needed hospital treatment.

I'm not justifying this whatsoever and I agree if they're found they should be punished

But for context the kid was treated for a panic attack not anything physical
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #449: Apr 16, 2019 10:31:55 am

Read it in the paper.
      No idea if true.
      Yes, it's true. 

I told my son at the time and he was impressed when Salah referred to it being a yoga pose when interviewed after the match.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #450: Apr 16, 2019 05:30:00 pm
      In his interview after the game, he said he did that bcos he is practising yogo now. Mo did not elaborate further why he is practising yogo. Probably to calm himself down a bit to stay focus in his game. That's just a guess.  Remain focus he did and he scored a stunning goal.

Well, more power to him. Increased flexibility, increased balance, increased focus and peace of mind. Plenty of good stuff. I personally love yoga, and I'm a powerlifter. Used to train 4-5x week, but cut it down to 3 to accomodate 2 yoga days. Never felt better.

Anyway, the tree pose is supposed to be related to being grounded. His hands are also in prayer, not extended, so he could be expressing gratitude, maybe towards himself, or towards Anfield itself - If he even considered any kind of symbolism to it, that is. Perhaps he just likes the tree pose :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #451: Apr 17, 2019 12:34:38 am
      Their fans will want to win 100%

Not sure about that bit, like. Definitely not all of them. Fact.
      Kopite78
      Reply #452: Apr 17, 2019 07:33:31 am
      Not sure about that bit, like. Definitely not all of them. Fact.

For all the pre match bluster of saying they don't just wait until the day of their local derby
      We won't be in their minds.. winning the game will
      Trust me

After the game should they lose, it effecting our chances may soften it and make it easier for them but during the game I have no doubts

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #453: Apr 17, 2019 08:10:42 am
      For all the pre match bluster of saying they don't just wait until the day of their local derby
      We won't be in their minds.. winning the game will
      Trust me

After the game should they lose, it effecting our chances may soften it and make it easier for them but during the game I have no doubts

I agree, whatever we may think of Man Utd players and fans they are every bit as passionate and committed to their club as we are ours. There is no way in hell they will throw a game, especially not to their noisy neighbours!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #454: Apr 17, 2019 11:02:12 am
      WOW! What a game. Perfect performance and what a goal from the Egyptian King. Sublime. Hendo was man of the match for me. Beautiful performance, beautiful result.

Cardiff on Sunday.................. ......
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #455: Apr 17, 2019 11:08:52 am
      I remember seeing that and was brilliant! Not only did he make a show with his hand gestures, he deliberately slowed the game down which the rest of the players followed.

My MotM was Salah - but Keita is starting to look like the Dortmund Keita at last. Brilliant and intelligent by the little fella.

Sorry to sound pedantic but don't you mean the Leipzig Keita?  :D ;) :f_tongueincheek:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #456: Apr 17, 2019 11:20:28 am
      Sorry to sound pedantic but don't you mean the Leipzig Keita?  :D ;) :f_tongueincheek:

I thought Rush was trying to engineer a big money move away for him.  To be fair, Dortmund could have done with him over the past few months!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #457: Apr 18, 2019 07:58:05 pm
      So another home win before the Anniversary. It's 15 years now since the last home loss before it, when under no pressure Djimi Traore fell over the ball and allowed Charlton to win here on Easter Monday that year. We're now 2 seasons unbeaten at home, and took 13 points at home against the top 6 this year.

All the pre-game build up was about the slip, repeated every few minutes on tv and radio as well, complete with commentary on both, and reported on a daily basis in every newspaper. It had zero effect on this game, but if we finish first next month, hopefully the second goal will be what people remember. Occasionally, there are times when you just know a strike is on its way in before it crosses the line. Sturridge was one example in the reverse fixture, Salah in this. Goal of the season is going to Townsend v City, but the Salah goal is just one of those you just never get tired of watching, it has everything you could possibly ask for. Pace, power, precision, and our 77th goal of the season was one to savour. That is his answer to opposition fans singing about him, and when he delivered it, it was on the pitch rather than in the pub.

Quick Reply