Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Cardiff?

Alisson
      4 (3.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (2.8%)
      Joel Matip
      31 (28.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (5.5%)
      Naby Keïta
      2 (1.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      10 (9.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (7.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      37 (33.9%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.9%)
      James Milner
      3 (2.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Apr 25, 2019 05:51:24 pm

Cardiff City 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18456 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Re: Cardiff City 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Apr 21, 2019 06:10:14 pm
      Well done Boys great win never panicked on the field and always come stronger second half when opposition legs go
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #438: Apr 21, 2019 06:13:10 pm
      My motm goes to Milner. When he came on he changed the whole momentum of the game. More direct football, instead of multiple passes looking for the perfect opening. I hope Milner stays, his experience is still much needed.

Didn’t think any momentum changed really. We were in control from start to finish (excluding the minor blips).
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #439: Apr 21, 2019 06:14:28 pm
      The Boss taking over the post match con flab...Souness looks like he doesn't understand a feckin' word..Carra on about days of the week..
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #440: Apr 21, 2019 06:16:23 pm
      The Boss is giving them both barrels...nobody has a clue what the feck he's on about..
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #441: Apr 21, 2019 06:17:13 pm
      Didn’t think any momentum changed really. We were in control from start to finish (excluding the minor blips).

We're more direct. We were controlling the game by passing the ball around without any real intend and purpose to break down their defence.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #442: Apr 21, 2019 06:20:44 pm
      Ha Klopp with a few digs at United then, saying it doesn’t look like they are able to get a result against City at the moment and maybe on a good day they could get a draw like when they had a good day against us.

Klopp trying to fire them up to prove him wrong hopefully.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #443: Apr 21, 2019 06:20:54 pm
      On my way home from the game , be in the house in twenty mins quick ride home for a change , done enough to win that’s all we need to do , counting down the wins .
      CINERE KOPITES
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 196 posts | 29 
      • CINEREDS est. 2017
      Reply #444: Apr 21, 2019 06:22:08 pm
      Excellent game, another step has done with good result, let's make it till the end, trust we could make it...
      C'mon you REDS !!!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #445: Apr 21, 2019 06:23:02 pm
      My motm goes to Milner. When he came on he changed the whole momentum of the game. More direct football, instead of multiple passes looking for the perfect opening. I hope Milner stays, his experience is still much needed.

Went for Gini but Hendo, Matip,Mane all close. Jim lad is the consummate professional. I wouldn't let him leave next season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #446: Apr 21, 2019 06:27:07 pm
      Warnock didn’t fail to deliver. Said that it should have been a penalty when Robbo pulled Morrison’s shirt before he went for the ball but then said the ref didn’t have to give the penalty on Salah.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #447: Apr 21, 2019 06:31:21 pm
      Don’t think Salah even made the most of it, he’s tried to move to the ball that he’s finally managed to get onto his left foot but if somebody is holding onto your chest area then that is going to be how you fall to the ground. If he was looking for a penalty he would have gone down before he had to stretch out his leg to bring the ball back onto his left foot, when he was going away from the goal more than anything. He was clearly trying to stay on his feet to find a shot. Doesn’t fit the agenda though does it.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #448: Apr 21, 2019 06:31:31 pm
      I voted Mane for MOTM and I'm shocked so few did. He was fantastic again today, defending from the front and causing havoc in the Cardiff ranks. He did everything you'd expect from a forward in a Klopp side. Goal celebration of the season has to go to Milner though, that was boss.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #449: Apr 21, 2019 06:32:49 pm
      Warnock didn’t fail to deliver. Said that it should have been a penalty when Robbo pulled Morrison’s shirt before he went for the ball but then said the ref didn’t have to give the penalty on Salah.

Pretty standard for Colin
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #450: Apr 21, 2019 06:38:25 pm
      Don’t think Salah even made the most of it, he’s tried to move to the ball that he’s finally managed to get onto his left foot but if somebody is holding onto your chest area then that is going to be how to fall to the ground. Doesn’t fit the agenda though does it.

He was fouled 2/3 times. Very poor defending. Shield the player yes but don't grapple him, arms wrapped round, pulling...balance is vital to players like Mo..what the hell does he expect from Mo...that invites the player to go down..yes Mo made the most of it..but he's paid to make the most of EVERY situation. It wasn't cheating it was rank bad defending.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #451: Apr 21, 2019 06:41:54 pm
      88 points and still could drop down to 2nd midweek...madness!
      It's crazy when you think of it. Most years 85786 points would win the pl before city started spending there billions.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #452: Apr 21, 2019 06:43:11 pm
      Good game that. Lads done well, once again. Gini was imensse, my MOTM. Milner came in and was as cool as he can be, sealing the game and that celebration, hilarious 😁

True madness that it's not ours yet, but on to the next one.

Oh and Warnock, one of the most unlikable, uncharismatic person I've ever seen.

We go again Reds!
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #453: Apr 21, 2019 06:49:11 pm
      Made up with that result,they fought for there lives as was expected but we fought harder and got the much deserved 3 points even sweeter it was against warnock,brilliant save from alisson and gini gets my vote for motm.
      Up the reds
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #454: Apr 21, 2019 06:55:20 pm
      Good performance, could have been more. Penalty was a stonewaller. Ridiculous the way the narrative around Mo as a diver has been built up. He tried turning out of the guys hold twice and couldn't. What the F**k else is he supposed to do at the third attempt? Clear foul - anywhere else on the park there would be no discussion. Christ you think of that penalty that was given against Lovren last year when he just rested his hand on the strikers back (against Everton was it?) - the pundits where unanimous that "you can't do that as a defender" etc. But you are allowed to put both your arms round a strikers chest and just hold him in place while he's trying to get past you? Don't think so.

Gini MOTM for me, although I thought Sadio was really good in the second half - so strong and determined. Whole team played pretty well though.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #455: Apr 21, 2019 06:56:26 pm
       ??? :roll: voted for Fabinho thinking i was clicking on Firmino  :lmao:
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #456: Apr 21, 2019 07:02:38 pm
      Must remember to give talksport drive a miss tomorrow no doubt durham will say liverpool were lucky. N complain Cardiff get no decisions. I like listening to goughie though more balanced view. 2-0 was perfect scoreline no injuries on a dry hard pitch. We were in command throughout. I don't hold put much hope for united weds but only thing is that for united its last chance saloon they have to go for it  even if they couldn't stomach us winning the league. The only decent Midfielder they have they won't play him herrera.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #457: Apr 21, 2019 07:04:27 pm
      ??? :roll: voted for Fabinho thinking i was clicking on Firmino  :lmao:

Think Fabinho wasn't sure who he was for a while himself there. Hope he's ok. Seemed ok when he went off, but we were right not to take the chance.

(Reminds me of the old story that Scottish based fans on here will know - about Partick Thistle manager John Lambie. One of his players got concussed during a match. As he gets back to his feet the team doctor tells Lambie that the player doesn't know who he is. Lambie says "tell him he's Pele.")
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #458: Apr 21, 2019 07:05:44 pm

This confirms you know nothing about football
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #459: Apr 21, 2019 07:15:55 pm
      Was at the game (only 30-35 mins walk) and sitting in the Cardiff end (opposite the the dug out), and it was a joy to watch our world class players live... especially Wijnaldum who I thought was the controller today. What a F***ing player!

Quick Reply