Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Cardiff?

Alisson
      4 (3.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (2.8%)
      Joel Matip
      31 (28.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (5.5%)
      Naby Keïta
      2 (1.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      10 (9.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (7.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      37 (33.9%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.9%)
      James Milner
      3 (2.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Apr 25, 2019 05:51:24 pm

Cardiff City 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18451 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Cardiff City 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Apr 21, 2019 07:35:12 pm
      Son; "who the F**k organises a barbecue when there's a match on"

Me; "that would be me son, thought we were playing yesterday, got my days mixed up"

Son; "fucks sake dad"

Oh well, still watched, and got the win.

Got mine out the way early for the Scum v Bitters game. I'm no fan of the blue bas**rds bit in the end it's quite funny to see that score line.

We need United to be a lot better than they were today. Hopefully they get a pasting from everyone involved with the club and Arsenal losing will keep them interested enough to forget about us and concentrate on their own fortunes.

Lose to City and they can wave goodbye to the top 4. A point or a win and they have a shot.

macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #461: Apr 21, 2019 07:39:17 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #462: Apr 21, 2019 07:57:40 pm
      Excellent result and good performance against a complete shithouse of a football team. Seriously - there was more grappling and groping from Cardiff in that match than a BBC charity function in the 1970s. The penalty was as stonewall as there could be - the only scary thing is that moron Atkinson wasn't picking up on it earlier (but as is the norm for Martin Atkinson he'll just make it up as he goes along).

A f**king disgrace Cardiff are to the Premier League and a fine result for anyone wanting to see such shithousery banished from the league.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #463: Apr 21, 2019 08:06:40 pm
      Again,  another amazing performance from our club. This was one of those matches that just a few years back we would of lost points. But the talent and determination of this club is just amazing. Warnock's plan was to just park in front of goal and try and grab a point. Instead we were just relentlessly pounding on them. Should of had 2 goals in the first half.  Robbo with that miss and both Mane and Salah were just not getting that last little touch.  It seemed the ball was just alive. It also seems that the football gods are with us too...how Morrison missed that header is proof of that.
      MOTM.  I gave it to Mane. He was just relentless. Fought for every touch. Harrassed their back line. Just a dynamo today.
      Great win. Keep pressure on City and let them mess it up.Im really hoping United find some balls and play football. But, United are a team of selfish children who prefer to post fashion updates.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #464: Apr 21, 2019 08:07:14 pm
      It will feel. Weird cheering United on weds. They were hopeless today so much for soljkaear the messiah coming in. I see all United fans on forum say there 100% behind city. Arch enemies n top four up for grabs and they don't care. I wonder will ollie put a few younger guys out as fans have been calling for. If they had won today they be saying oh chelsea is the six pointer but now they have to win them all. They look resigned to failure unless 100% improvement and City are off it a bit.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #465: Apr 21, 2019 08:07:35 pm

A f**king disgrace Cardiff are to the Premier League and a fine result for anyone wanting to see such shithousery banished from the league.
      Absolutely. Hope they go down for good.

We got 3 points that’s what matters, move on to the next one.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #466: Apr 21, 2019 08:28:17 pm
      Big family dinner, lots of food, alcho, stuffed to the brim but was keeping an eye on a TV with the sound down and saw the goals but can't say I know how the game went, hoping to catch the highlights later.
      All credit to Jürgen and the lads, they are doing all they can do, 3 more points and pressure back on the little f**king turd and his oil funded mercenaries.
      Manure [unfortunately?] are f**king sh*te but you never know, maybe in at home, and in a derby they can dredge up some kind of a performance that resebles a half decent football team - but it'll have to be a lot better than today.
      Such a two horse race, hard to see who the f**k is going to beat either team.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #467: Apr 21, 2019 08:28:34 pm
      Actually thought we're were way below par today, struggled with MOTM  as I don't think anyone played extremely well. Don't need to play very well to beat this Cardiff team though. Like most games this season, was never worried about the result.

I'm going to go our on a limb and say, even though we were poor today and this side has won nowt, it's maybe the best Liverpool side I've ever seen. We won when we're good, bad or ugly. I say this based on the fact that watching them this season has been so serene, others have panicked and worried, I've just been calm, knowing we'll win games, early or late. This is a stunning team, enjoy watching them, give them the praise they've earned and smile.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #468: Apr 21, 2019 08:38:37 pm
      If this goes to the last day and we're pipped by one point you hear United fans and Everton fans gloating all over the place. United fans won't be talking about how sh*t there team is they won't care. Even when United won all them leagues under fergie majority of winning goals were scored well into injury time fergie time when fergie was the ref. I think that year under benitez we scored a lot more than them and much better goal diff.  and only finished 2 points behind. The media then never mentioned the eight or ten minutes of injury time sometimes played till united got the winner. But its brought up about salah every week. We deserve this pl a proper football club. I remember time we beat I think Blackburn on final day when it could handed United the title but we didn't care we still went and won. I hope united don't do a cop out on weds and roll the red carpet out. Top four should mean something to them no matter how bitter they are.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #469: Apr 21, 2019 09:33:53 pm
      All we can do is win.

I went with Matip as MOTM, but I thought about Firmino, who was influential in winning possession and building up the attack.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #470: Apr 21, 2019 10:02:11 pm
      All we can do is win.

I went with Matip as MOTM, but I thought about Firmino, who was influential in winning possession and building up the attack.

Plenty followed Snivelle..he picked out Matip as MOTM. I went for Gini. But the way Matip brings the ball out of defence and makes inroads into the opposition is impressive. He runs at teams, and it will eventually lead to something.

He starts these runs from the half way line and nobody is quite sure what he is going to do. Couple of times he laid it off but on one occasion he very nearly went thru everybody. He's gone from being behind Joe and Lovren to being a hard man to leave out.

Probably most improved player this season.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #471: Apr 21, 2019 11:23:14 pm
      We got what matters the most,the 3 points.It makes me a happy man,well done the REDS. :scarf:
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 351 posts | 21 
      Reply #472: Apr 21, 2019 11:27:58 pm
      Good win, nice to Gini get on the sheet
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #473: Apr 22, 2019 12:02:21 am
      Very solid win and I loved how we controlled the game the last 10 mins, very cool and calm.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #474: Apr 22, 2019 12:28:47 am
      Professional and controlled performance against a yard dog manager and 11 thugs.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #475: Apr 22, 2019 01:13:50 am
      Good performance. Cardiff gave it all they had but we could've had 4/5 if we had taken the chances. Why the hell the defender was all over Mo like that, making the Ref make a decision.Poor defending.

That was insane. I know Mo takes some liberties at time....he's had a few simulations. But he had him in a Jiu Jitsu clinch. That was Morrison, the man who arguably had the worst missed header I have ever seen. How he argued the call was HILARIOUS too. It was so blatant.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #476: Apr 22, 2019 01:19:28 am
      Professional performance.

Went there, got the 3 points and we move on.

Was really bricking it when Bobby missed that sitter. Really felt like that was it, Title chase over but I went outside at HT, had a cone, remembered we always perform stronger in the 2nd half of games and just knew it was a matter of time before we scored and scored  we did but wasn't comfortable till the 2nd went in.

Keep going lads, still have a feeling City will drop 2 points, somewhere, somehow and it's ours if they do!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #477: Apr 22, 2019 05:59:30 am
      What a result. We just needed to win :)

What a strike from Gini :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #478: Apr 22, 2019 10:30:22 am
      The tw*t Warnock compared Salah to an Olympic diver when a penalty was awarded and added it was "a soft one".
      What the F**k is rat face talking about??
      Sean Morrison had our man in a F***ing headlock!

Cannot stand these F***ing idiots who give a version of events that they would have preferred rather than the reality which millions also witness. Silly c**t.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #479: Apr 22, 2019 10:31:12 am
      Jfc, we are up 2-0 to go top and people are worried about what Neville said?

Whos worried? Just telling a biased Manc c**t to F**k off.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #480: Apr 22, 2019 11:24:51 am
      Don’t think Salah even made the most of it, he’s tried to move to the ball that he’s finally managed to get onto his left foot but if somebody is holding onto your chest area then that is going to be how you fall to the ground. If he was looking for a penalty he would have gone down before he had to stretch out his leg to bring the ball back onto his left foot, when he was going away from the goal more than anything. He was clearly trying to stay on his feet to find a shot. Doesn’t fit the agenda though does it.

The video clip shows that Morrison did not attempt at all to get to the ball. He was just interested in hugging Salah. Had he hugged Salah and at the same time his outstretched leg tried to get to the ball, the penalty may not have been given. While watching that live, I was telling myself, if Morrison did not stop that immediately he was asking for trouble, and trouble he got.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #481: Apr 22, 2019 11:27:19 am
      The tw*t Warnock compared Salah to an Olympic diver when a penalty was awarded and added it was "a soft one".
      What the f**k is rat face talking about??
      Sean Morrison had our man in a f**king headlock!

Cannot stand these f**king idiots who give a version of events that they would have preferred rather than the reality which millions also witness. Silly c**t.

Bad bad day for ratboy. Did anyone noticed that his face was shaking violently while giving a round up of utd's performance?
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2019 11:42:02 am by redkop63 »
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #482: Apr 22, 2019 11:41:36 am
      This confirms you know nothing about football

You do? I need to learn from you, please elaborate and convince me that you know everything about football, moreso LFC. This forum quality has dropped over the years and I remember when I first joined, there were so many matured members here that can debate a topic with great maturity without belittling other memebrs, certainly not "... you know nothing about football". That is a very arrogant statement, don't you agree?

Quick Reply