Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Huddersfield Friday 26th April 20:00 Kick Off

Read 11687 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Liverpool v Huddersfield Friday 26th April 20:00 Kick Off
      Reply #46: Apr 24, 2019 12:01:24 pm
      Need to bring the goal difference down, if only to put more pressure on citeh.

6-0

YNWA

At this stage, with three games to play, goal difference isn't going to come into it. We win or lose this on City's points total, not their goal difference.

Anyway for the team, we need to go full strength and not underestimate Huddersfield. Yes they're crap but we can't afford to risk losing points.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #47: Apr 24, 2019 12:01:45 pm
      Ideal opponents to reduce the goal difference of 6..

It's going to be a lot more than six after tonight!

Suspect Fab wont be risked, as it seemed quite a bad head knock on sunday.

Just reminded me - yep I can live with saving him for Wednesday.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #48: Apr 24, 2019 12:59:14 pm
      I think we could field pretty much any 11 and I would be confident we'll beat this Huddersfield side - they are a truly shocking team, one of the worst the Premier League has ever seen. We still need to be right on it from the off though and I'm sure the crowd will be buzzing and right up for it on a Friday night!

I'd quite like to see Shaq and Origi start - possibly in a 4-2-3-1 formation (Shaq sitting behind Bobby and Origi on the left).

Gomez should start at CB, although I still think Klopp will opt for Matip for the Barca game as he's not fully up to speed yet and Matip hasn't put a foot wrong.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #49: Apr 24, 2019 01:07:28 pm
      Cant see Klopp changing the front 3 much, he will defo makes subs on 60mins if were comfortably ahead though.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #50: Apr 24, 2019 01:33:55 pm
      So if Utd get a draw tonight, it’s all back in our hands. Do we still go with rotation, with the new pressure on us to win ! Putting players out who haven’t performed regularly together, or stick with the tried and trusted until the game is won ?
      I’d go with the latter myself, to underestimate even Huddersfield when your nerves are jangling would be s massive mistake !
      Strongest starting line up every time for me I’m afraid.
      Doesn’t necessarily mean the same players, just the strongest possible side, to do the job in hand, depending on what the opppsition has to offer !
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #51: Apr 24, 2019 01:35:19 pm
      So if Utd get a draw tonight, it’s all back in our hands. Do we still go with rotation, with the new pressure on us to win ! Putting players out who haven’t performed regularly together, or stick with the tried and trusted until the game is won ?
      I’d go with the latter myself, to underestimate even Huddersfield when your nerves are jangling would be s massive mistake !
      Doesn’t necessarily mean the same players, just the strongest possible side, to do the job in hand, depending on what the opppsition has to offer !

Strongest team, then make subs
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #52: Apr 24, 2019 01:37:37 pm

What rotation?

We have 6 games at best to go!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #53: Apr 24, 2019 01:50:17 pm
      What rotation?

We have 6 games at best to go!

Saving players for Barca when Huddersfield hasn’t been won yet.
      That’s what rotation !
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #54: Apr 24, 2019 01:53:10 pm
      A win in this one must be as sure as death and taxes. I hope.
      Would be great to go into it still at the top...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #55: Apr 24, 2019 01:59:38 pm
      I think we could field pretty much any 11 and I would be confident we'll beat this Huddersfield side - they are a truly shocking team, one of the worst the Premier League has ever seen.

Lot of truth in that but lets not forget that of all their games v the top four they came the closest to getting something against us.  Narrow 1-0 and they had more shots than us!

When I see all the players social media and Mo's in New York, Gini's off somewhere else it does make me a little bit twitchy about their focus!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #56: Apr 24, 2019 02:10:24 pm
      Lot of truth in that but lets not forget that of all their games v the top four they came the closest to getting something against us.  Narrow 1-0 and they had more shots than us!

When I see all the players social media and Mo's in New York, Gini's off somewhere else it does make me a little bit twitchy about their focus!

Couldn’t agree more , although I think the players need a bit of chill time , the thought of them buzzing off here and there when all our focus and energy is needed for the run to the end of season , does indeed leave one a little twitchy , just have to trust in Klopps management of the players .
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #57: Apr 24, 2019 02:12:38 pm

Or maybe Klopp thought it best to let players enjoy a day out rather than sit at home stressing about the title race. not sure if it indicates changes in the xi for Friday.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #58: Apr 24, 2019 03:01:05 pm
      Saving players for Barca when Huddersfield hasn’t been won yet.
      That’s what rotation !

Save no one there’s 4 days between Barca game strongest 11 for the next 5 games!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #59: Apr 24, 2019 03:07:37 pm
      If we can't thrash these guys then something is very very wrong, it would literally need their best game ever at the same time as one of our worst, ie it will not happen. Having said that there is no room for complacency, not that I think Jürgen would ever allow that anyway.

They have nothing to play for, seeing as they are confirmed bottom of the table, ie no reason to park the bus, they may as well have a go and see if they can score a goal which of course suits us.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #60: Apr 24, 2019 03:33:39 pm
      Benched Hendo one or twice before a C/L game. Might play Fabinho,Keita and Gini in midfield. Will want to kill them off quickly, then rest one or two in the second half.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #61: Apr 24, 2019 05:26:00 pm
      We are going for our first league title in 29 years where we have a proper chance. Thank Christ some of you aren't the manager.

No way will Klopp do that!

Maybe, maybe not but if I'm confident we can beat one of the worst sides in the League with Gomez and Milner at full back.

Just a thought as Trent and Robertson haven't got much rest and they will be vital against Barca in the semis.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #62: Apr 24, 2019 10:02:53 pm
      We might see some rotation after tonight's manc derby result. The lads will have some serious running to do at the Nou Camp. 60 minutes for Gomez is a good shout, I wonder if Origi also gets a start for Bobby.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #63: Apr 24, 2019 10:19:14 pm
      Save no one there’s 4 days between Barca game strongest 11 for the next 5 games!

Yeah, my thoughts entirely !
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #64: Apr 24, 2019 10:38:08 pm
      I'd start Gomez for this one, at CB. Matip has done pretty well, but I still prefer Joe. If we get to the CL final I'd like Joe back by then as Virgil's partner, so I'd get him back in for this one (which let's be honest should be comfortable.) Matip to still keep his place next week against Barca obviously. I'd also rest Hendo (and I think Jürgen will play Milner at the Camp Nou, so rest him n all.) So -

Alisson

TAA   Gomez  VVD   Robbo

Gini    Fab   Naby

Mo     Bobby   Sadio
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #65: Apr 24, 2019 11:22:51 pm
      Got to go with the strongest team really. If we score early then it should be a nice little outing before the Barca game.

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #66: Apr 25, 2019 07:16:48 am
      Just batter these guys - keep the pressure on Citeh
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #67: Apr 25, 2019 02:45:26 pm
      Fabinho and Lallana facing late fitness tests

Lovren likely to be fit.

Klopp not planning on rotating squad. 

We are here because of the players. The boys did outstandingly well, everyday pushing their limit.

“It’s not important what people think about you. After a season, if you listen to the public you have to sell like 15 players and bring in 15 players and if there’s a good striker out there you have to buy him.

“You have to trust your own feelings and your own decisions. It is proved through the season whether you were right.

“There’s still a team with a point more right now and we respect that but we are working to close that gap.”
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #68: Apr 25, 2019 04:25:04 pm
      Fabinho and Lallana facing late fitness tests

Lovren likely to be fit.

Klopp not planning on rotating squad. 

We are here because of the players. The boys did outstandingly well, everyday pushing their limit.

“It’s not important what people think about you. After a season, if you listen to the public you have to sell like 15 players and bring in 15 players and if there’s a good striker out there you have to buy him.

“You have to trust your own feelings and your own decisions. It is proved through the season whether you were right.

“There’s still a team with a point more right now and we respect that but we are working to close that gap.”
      Is there ever any week lallana is an injury doubt. Hopefully he goes in Sumner while he still has value Lovren too injured a lot and we can easily upgrade on him. He error prone.

Quick Reply