Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Huddersfield Friday 26th April 20:00 Kick Off

Read 11694 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool v Huddersfield Friday 26th April 20:00 Kick Off
      Reply #92: Apr 26, 2019 01:19:35 pm
      Sterling sum cheek on him saying at awards ceremony that city were doing the football World a favour by stopping liverpool winning the league as no one wants to see that. What a cocky wee sh*te

Did he actually say that, if so what a c**t!!! Hope one of the Burnley players snaps the little tw*t in two.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #93: Apr 26, 2019 01:22:54 pm
      I know!  I've said it enough times!! 

If we draw one and they lose one, we're not gonna make up 8 goals in the other 2 games anyway, so as I've said, irrelevant.

Wouldn't that depend on how much City lose by, lets say they lose by 1 goal then the GD is down to 7, are you saying that between 3 matches we can't gain 7 goals on them, of course we can, so it is relevant and it starts tonight, I want to see a F***ing demolition of Huddersfield by 5 or 6 goals, if for no other reason than it will give the lads massive confidence going to the Nou camp.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #94: Apr 26, 2019 01:23:57 pm
      Sean dyche has said he was a lpool fan all through his childhood. They have a few players missing defour Aaron lennon but who knows. Can big Peter crouch come up with something special. We just need to believe burnley can get something

that snide pr**k Barnes is in great form at the moment as well, Burnley really do have a chance and they love taking big scalps at home.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #95: Apr 26, 2019 01:40:16 pm
      Wouldn't that depend on how much City lose by, lets say they lose by 1 goal then the GD is down to 7, are you saying that between 3 matches we can't gain 7 goals on them, of course we can, so it is relevant and it starts tonight, I want to see a f**king demolition of Huddersfield by 5 or 6 goals, if for no other reason than it will give the lads massive confidence going to the Nou camp.
      It would only be 2 games assuming we draw 1 per the scenario given.  Then assuming City & us both win the other 2 we'd have to gain 7 + whatever City win those 2 games by meaning 9, 10+ so its f###ing irrelevant. 

You people's obsession with goal difference is mental at this stage.  Just win all 3 games left and hope City slip up is all we can do.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #96: Apr 26, 2019 01:59:18 pm
      Did he actually say that, if so what a c**t!!! Hope one of the Burnley players snaps the little tw*t in two.
      Yeah in paper and on liverpool fc latest. Love to see sterling and that wee busy bee Bernardo taking out and sane there the dangers n agueeeroooo. Chop the fuckers down. Just pity that hurricane not coming for Sunday instead of tonight. Blow them light city players away. Rain hail and a gale force wind it would defo suit Burnley that. But its tonight n Tom gone Sunday. Even fkn guardiola like a man processed at minute never out of the media. How could anyone like such a plastic club who were nowhere a few years ago and have already robbed us of one title before.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #97: Apr 26, 2019 02:01:53 pm
      Story on liverpool fc news and rumours section about sterling's comments. What a nasty thing to say and In public. Then he wants respect.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #98: Apr 26, 2019 02:11:36 pm
      Story on liverpool fc news and rumours section about sterling's comments. What a nasty thing to say and In public. Then he wants respect.

"Nobody wants that." He said.

To quote Brendan Rodgers: "We heard what you said, Sterling. We...HEARD...what you said."
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #99: Apr 26, 2019 02:12:29 pm
      F***ing sh*t F***ing Friday night F***ing games do my F***ing head in, they're F***ing sh*t.

3 F***ing points please lads.

That is F***ing all.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #100: Apr 26, 2019 02:17:42 pm
      It would only be 2 games assuming we draw 1 per the scenario given.  Then assuming City & us both win the other 2 we'd have to gain 7 + whatever City win those 2 games by meaning 9, 10+ so its f###ing irrelevant. 

You people's obsession with goal difference is mental at this stage.  Just win all 3 games left and hope City slip up is all we can do.

No its not irrelevant, lets say we beat Huddersfield 6-0 and then beat Wolves 3-0 after drawing against Newcastle, if Citeh then lose 1 game 1 nil and win the others by 1 goal then we would beat them on goal difference.

I agree that the most important thing is to win all 3 games but it doesn't hurt to think about the goal difference as well.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #101: Apr 26, 2019 03:06:28 pm
      No its not irrelevant, lets say we beat Huddersfield 6-0 and then beat Wolves 3-0 after drawing against Newcastle, if Citeh then lose 1 game 1 nil and win the others by 1 goal then we would beat them on goal difference.

I agree that the most important thing is to win all 3 games but it doesn't hurt to think about the goal difference as well.
      In that (not happening) instance, we'd be level on goal difference having scored less so would still lose the title, unless we draw 4-4 with Newcastle and that's assuming City won 1-0, 1-0 (also not happening!). 

If City won 2-1, 2-1, we'd have to draw 6 all with Newcastle, so can you please stop convincing yourselves that GD is relevant!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #102: Apr 26, 2019 03:48:07 pm

I think the question is, say Huddersfield are stubborn for a bit and we go 2-0 up in the 65th minute. Do we go all out for 2-3 more goals for goal difference's sake or shut it down and take the 2-0? I think the reward for trying to score more is outweighed by the adversity of letting them back in the game through making ourselves vulnerable.

Granted we are talking one scenario and fine percentages, but to me the three points are everything at this point.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #103: Apr 26, 2019 03:53:51 pm
      I think the question is, say Huddersfield are stubborn for a bit and we go 2-0 up in the 65th minute. Do we go all out for 2-3 more goals for goal difference's sake or shut it down and take the 2-0? I think the reward for trying to score more is outweighed by the adversity of letting them back in the game through making ourselves vulnerable.

Granted we are talking one scenario and fine percentages, but to me the three points are everything at this point.

An interesting question, I think if we are "only" 2-0 up with 25 minutes to go then we just shut it down, protect the players etc
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #104: Apr 26, 2019 03:57:39 pm

No question about it; we don't need to improve our GD, just win all 3 matches.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #105: Apr 26, 2019 05:08:01 pm

No don't force it,just keep playing as is. 3-0 up against Palace with 10 to go is a F***ing lesson.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #106: Apr 26, 2019 05:11:19 pm
      Hearing Bobby is out for this one... groin injury?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #107: Apr 26, 2019 05:15:35 pm

Also rumours that the ox maybe in the squad
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #108: Apr 26, 2019 05:27:13 pm

Please god no - need him for Barca
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #109: Apr 26, 2019 05:27:27 pm
      A lot of rumours that he is missing for the season but I’ll bet he starts tonight.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #110: Apr 26, 2019 05:40:51 pm
      A lot of rumours that he is missing for the season but I’ll bet he starts tonight.

Rumours from the pub? The most reliable rumours are from launderettes.

Seriously, I hope it isn't true.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #111: Apr 26, 2019 05:44:50 pm
      Rumours from the pub? The most reliable rumours are from launderettes.

Seriously, I hope it isn't true.
      Where else mate, Twitter. As I said, I’m pretty confident he’ll start tonight.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #112: Apr 26, 2019 06:03:39 pm
      Where else mate, Twitter. As I said, I’m pretty confident he’ll start tonight.

No idea why people read that sh*te, although it was funny t'other week when someone copied a post from there verbatim and got pulled on it  :laugh:

We'll know about Firmino in less than an hour, so I'll put it on the back burner til then.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #113: Apr 26, 2019 06:16:37 pm
      No idea why people read that sh*te, although it was funny t'other week when someone copied a post from there verbatim and got pulled on it  :laugh:

We'll know about Firmino in less than an hour, so I'll put it on the back burner til then.
      Quite right mate, I always take it with a large helping of salt to be fair.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #114: Apr 26, 2019 06:41:12 pm

Quick Reply