Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

100 Games, 69 Goals, 1 Egyptian King

Read 2785 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,948 posts | 3330 
      100 Games, 69 Goals, 1 Egyptian King
      Apr 22, 2019 10:39:58 pm
      Mo Salah has played 99 games for our beloved club at the moment, including every single game this year, and in the process netted 67 goals. What a fantastic return that is.

The next time he pulls on the Liverpool shirt will be his 100th. He will join the 210 players who've achieved it before him.

If it's to be Huddersfield this Friday then it will give him the opportunity to score against the Terriers at Anfield for the first time. He's scored in his two visits there though. And should he get a goal on Friday then he'll become the first player since I don't know when to score 20 League goals in each of their first two seasons at Liverpool. That alone is an achievement deserving of all the plaudits.

I think when Mo arrived there were a few eyebrows raised because of his time at Chelsea but very quickly he proved any doubters wrong and continues to do so every time he turns out for the club because every game and season he just breaks more and more records.

100 games Mo, what a F***ing player you've been for us in the other 99. And let's hope there's a lot more games for Liverpool left in you and a lot of winners medals to come over the years as well.

Thank you Mo!
      « Last Edit: Apr 27, 2019 12:28:04 am by JD »
      +15
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: 100 Games, 67 Goals, 1 Egyptian King
      Reply #1: Apr 23, 2019 10:39:50 am
      Mo Salah has played 99 games for our beloved club at the moment, including every single game this year, and in the process netted 67 goals. What a fantastic return that is.

The next time he pulls on the Liverpool shirt will be his 100th. He will join the 210 players who've achieved it before him.

If it's to be Huddersfield this Friday then it will give him the opportunity to score against the Terriers at Anfield for the first time. He's scored in his two visits there though. And should he get a goal on Friday then he'll become the first player since I don't know when to score 20 League goals in each of their first two seasons at Liverpool. That alone is an achievement deserving of all the plaudits.

I think when Mo arrived there were a few eyebrows raised because of his time at Chelsea but very quickly he proved any doubters wrong and continues to do so every time he turns out for the club because every game and season he just breaks more and more records.

100 games Mo, what a f**king player you've been for us in the other 99. And let's hope there's a lot more games for Liverpool left in you and a lot of winners medals to come over the years as well.

Thank you Mo!

Top post.

What a player.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,434 posts | 1731 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2: Apr 23, 2019 11:10:05 am

100 games Mo, what a f**king player you've been for us in the other 99. And let's hope there's a lot more games for Liverpool left in you and a lot of winners medals to come over the years as well.

Thank you Mo!

superb.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3: Apr 23, 2019 05:50:47 pm
      Good Post.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Apr 23, 2019 10:33:13 pm
      Well done Mo for a fantastic achievement,I look forward to you smashing the 100 goals next season.
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2019 11:27:56 pm by Billy1 »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: Apr 23, 2019 11:02:36 pm
      Well done Mo for a fantastic achievement,I look forward to you smashing the 100 goals against Huddersfield.

Scoring 30 odd on friday will certainly boost our goal difference
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6: Apr 23, 2019 11:26:16 pm
      Scoring 30 odd on friday will certainly boost our goal difference

I was just seeing if you were awake,I was evidently asleep when I posted that,cheers.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #7: Apr 23, 2019 11:57:33 pm
      Superb post.

I don’t care what anyone says - I love this man, he is everything you want to be in life: talented, cool, role model, handsome and a Liverpool player.

He’s a winner and that’s why we’re going to win the double this season.

Love him
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,314 posts | 1610 
      Reply #8: Apr 24, 2019 12:01:07 am
      Excellent post Billy .
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #9: Apr 24, 2019 12:15:15 am
      I was just seeing if you were awake,I was evidently asleep when I posted that,cheers.

The sentiment was spot on. The people who goal scoring record he broke are all true club legends and he has absolutely smashed it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #10: Apr 24, 2019 09:34:22 am

Thank you Mo!

Top posting Billy, I think when it comes down to pieces in the jigsaw and Jurgens brand of football, Mo is the perfect fit, as good as Suarez was for us, I’d question whether he would have fitted into Jurgens brand the way Mo has, Luis was more of a individualist striker but still reliant on supply, I think perhaps his ego would have got in the way, Mo is more of a team player and in that respect I believe Klopp would choose Mo every time,
      I might have opened a can of worms here, be interesting to see who came out on top,  what dya reckon ppl ?

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Re: 100 Games, 69 Goals, 1 Egyptian King
      Reply #11: Apr 27, 2019 12:29:07 am
      I've had to edit the title of this thread twice now tonight! ⚽️⚽️

Roger Hunt equaled the record almost 60 years ago and think of all the great Liverpool players down the years that couldn't match it, never mind beat it.

69 in your first 100 LFC games - well done Mo!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,948 posts | 3330 
      Reply #12: Apr 27, 2019 07:08:05 pm
      Mo's second goal, his 69th for the club, took him past Ian Callaghan for goals for the club.

Ian Callaghan, our all-time record appearance holder, netted 68 goals in his 857 games.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6635 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #13: Apr 28, 2019 12:24:07 am

Quick Reply