Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Robbie Fowler - Brisbane Roar boss

Read 1993 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Robbie Fowler - Brisbane Roar boss
      Apr 23, 2019 05:59:32 pm
      Bump,Robbie's going to a land down under again!https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48012827.Off to manage in Brisbane.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Re: Robbie Fowler - Brisbane Roar boss
      Reply #1: Apr 23, 2019 07:26:17 pm
      Bump,Robbie's going to a land down under again!https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48012827.Off to manage in Brisbane.

A 10 year necro, my lord.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2: Apr 23, 2019 07:35:51 pm
      Former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler says his lack of managerial experience "doesn't matter" after being appointed as the new boss of Brisbane Roar.

The 44-year-old - who won 26 caps for England - has signed a two-year contract with the Australian club.

His only previous managerial experience came during a short spell with Thai side Muangthong United in 2011-12.

"Just because I'm not as experienced as some of them, doesn't mean I'm going to do as bad a job," he said.

"You could have Jürgen Klopp here, you could have Pep Guardiola, it doesn't necessarily mean they are going to be great managing Brisbane."

But they probably would be.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: Apr 23, 2019 10:28:01 pm
      Could we eventually see Stevie and Robbie managing our REDS when Jürgen steps down.They are both gaining valuable experience as managers and lets face it they love this club of ours.
                                               I do not advocate Jürgen stepping down any time soon.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #4: Apr 24, 2019 04:27:19 am
      Ok wonder if he would be interested in turning out for our over 45s (you are allowed players currently 44). Although that would have him taking my place up front so maybe not.

Tough gig, the Roar have been poor for a few seasons, but a great stadium even if it is rarely half full for the Roar.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5: Apr 24, 2019 09:11:50 am
      Money must be good, why else go all that way for management experience when he could get it here in the UK, good luck to him but I feel he’d have been better managing here at a lower level club like Everton🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😜

YNWA Cobber
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #6: Apr 24, 2019 09:52:59 am
      why else go all that way for management experience

It's a good gig for someone with almost 0 management experience. Less pressure, out of the limelight and a hell of a lot better weather. Prob gets paid a decent amount too.

Either way, this could either kick start his passion for management or he'll enjoy the "easy" life and stay for the long stint.
      Kopite78
      Reply #7: Apr 24, 2019 10:31:49 am
      It's a good gig for someone with almost 0 management experience. Less pressure, out of the limelight and a hell of a lot better weather. Prob gets paid a decent amount too.

Either way, this could either kick start his passion for management or he'll enjoy the "easy" life and stay for the long stint.

He also played over there twice at the end of his career and said he really liked living there

He doesn't really need the money with his property portfolio
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #8: Apr 24, 2019 10:35:02 am
      He also played over there twice at the end of his career and said he really liked living there

He doesn't really need the money with his property portfolio

I think it’s really refreshing to see great natural talents who also clearly just love the game.

Too many now seem cynical and mildly condescending towards the beautiful game.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #9: Apr 24, 2019 10:35:10 am

Not forgetting he played over there for a couple of seasons.  Good move for him I reckon.  From the sounds of it mid-table would be an achievement?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #10: Apr 24, 2019 02:48:59 pm
      Not forgetting he played over there for a couple of seasons.  Good move for him I reckon.  From the sounds of it mid-table would be an achievement?

Ah yes, I forget he did that. He does come across as a fella enjoying the good tings in life including footballing but in a more relaxed Aussie manner. He has really earned it however, God can do whatever he wants - apart from commentate maybe  :)

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,434 posts | 1731 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #11: Apr 24, 2019 02:50:28 pm
      Good luck to Robbie.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12: Apr 24, 2019 03:01:47 pm
      A sensible first step into management, out of the limelight and can see if he enjoys it and has any aptitude for it. I;m sure he will as he seems a clever enough chap.

Quick Reply