Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Summer 2019 friendlies in USA

Read 16014 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Summer 2019 friendlies in USA
      Reply #23: Jun 24, 2019 03:33:10 pm
      I do wonder what kind of side is going to be heading out for this US tour - AFCON, Copa America and even that Nations League stuff (as well as the fact our season didn't end till June 1st!) 

Bit of a shame that some big European clubs get to face off in different parts of the world but they don't have the players who people are used to seeing week in week out.

Most of us will take what we can get. I went to the match vs. Roma three years ago in st. Louis and saw (among others) Sheyi Ojo, Lazar Markovic, Andre Wisdom and Alex Manninger in action! But we still had a great day/night out my son and me.
      « Last Edit: Jun 24, 2019 04:54:02 pm by Robby The Z »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #24: Jun 24, 2019 04:12:18 pm
      Most of us will take what we can get. I went to the match vs. Roma three years ago and saw (among others) Sheyi Ojo, Lazar Markovic, Andre Wisdom and Alex Manninger in action! But we still had a great day/night out my son and me.

Was that the game in St Louis?  I was at that one as well. 

I've also been to Soldier Field (Olympiacos) and Fenway 6 years ago to see us take on Roma. 

I'm gonna try to get to South Bend in a few weeks to see us play Dortmund at Notre Dame. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25: Jun 24, 2019 04:53:11 pm
      Was that the game in St Louis?  I was at that one as well. 

I've also been to Soldier Field (Olympiacos) and Fenway 6 years ago to see us take on Roma. 

I'm gonna try to get to South Bend in a few weeks to see us play Dortmund at Notre Dame.

That was the match. Hope you have a great time. Wish I could go as well but them's the bounces.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #26: Jun 25, 2019 02:03:31 pm
      Isn't it already sold out? Is this just to promote the Liverpool "brand" ?

As for the demand, I get it as going overseas is not an option for most American fans (or maybe it's a once in a lifetime trip - I've been lucky enough to go a half-dozen times but luck has run out for me).

But a single match here is no small price tag. I suppose selling 80 % of the seats at those prices spins the amount of cash all parties are looking for.

I think the fan section is sold out but not the general wicked expensive seats.No clue what Barnes was talking about don't go to the bar that held it,he's in Nyc wednesday after work. Did see Ian Rush showed up out your way at the speedway but the club didn't tell the supporters lot out there.Also threw out a first pitch at Cubs/White Sox game.Would imagine a few more of these type things.Boston had an outdoor viewing for the yanks women yesterday,dunno if LFC had a presence there.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #27: Jun 25, 2019 02:28:04 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28: Jun 25, 2019 06:26:42 pm

I think the fan section is sold out but not the general wicked expensive seats.No clue what Barnes was talking about don't go to the bar that held it,he's in Nyc wednesday after work. Did see Ian Rush showed up out your way at the speedway but the club didn't tell the supporters lot out there.Also threw out a first pitch at Cubs/White Sox game.Would imagine a few more of these type things.Boston had an outdoor viewing for the yanks women yesterday,dunno if LFC had a presence there.

I guess it is all aimed at the casual sport fan, someone who isn't going to become a supporter of any football team, but might be willing to go to "an event" at a place like Notre Dame or Fenway. The diehards already know about it and will go in numbers.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #29: Jul 03, 2019 05:07:03 pm
      I read the LFC womens team is coming over as part of this,be kinda interesting to see if the Boston people buy into it.Still not to much info coming out about the tour,did see the games are on tnt/br.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #30: Jul 03, 2019 08:13:40 pm
      Anything at Fenway Park or Yankees Stadium becomes an event and local media all want a piece. In other words, play at Yankee Stadium and 25 million locals will here about it not to mention the national media attention.
      The Notre Dame game will achieve national notoriety simply because the national media devours anything to do with Notre Dame.

Remember, Fenway Group founding partner Tom Werner's expertise is US TV and media and knows all the major players here.
      Anyone who watches NBCSports PL games in the states know how much attention LFC gets on that network...even when the team was struggling for 4th place or worse.
      LFC's status grows by the day in the states.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #31: Jul 04, 2019 09:08:21 am
      I read the LFC womens team is coming over as part of this,be kinda interesting to see if the Boston people buy into it.

Capitalising on England's womens world cup campaign and the USA team.  For what was such a marginal sport here in the UK the Eng v USA semi-final was the most watched network TV programme of the year.  Whether that improves average attendances at the games above 1000 remains to be seen but from a PR point of view then I can see why LFC are doing it.

Wouldn't surprise me if LFC Women's team landed some kind of marquee US signing during this trip!
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #32: Jul 04, 2019 09:15:11 am
      The Women's World Cup was watched in the same way as the Olympics. It was more to do with supporting the country than the sport.

This featured the best of Women's football, and yet the standard was low. In Women's league football, it is obviously far lower. Not worth the attention.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Jul 04, 2019 09:38:29 am
      The Women's World Cup was watched in the same way as the Olympics. It was more to do with supporting the country than the sport.

This featured the best of Women's football, and yet the standard was low. In Women's league football, it is obviously far lower. Not worth the attention.

The quality doesn't really matter so much as long as its entertaining to watch and competitive, in that regard I thought the USA v England match was actually quite good
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #34: Jul 04, 2019 03:30:52 pm
      Capitalising on England's womens world cup campaign and the USA team.  For what was such a marginal sport here in the UK the Eng v USA semi-final was the most watched network TV programme of the year.  Whether that improves average attendances at the games above 1000 remains to be seen but from a PR point of view then I can see why LFC are doing it.

Wouldn't surprise me if LFC Women's team landed some kind of marquee US signing during this trip!

My first thought was fsg testing the water for a new Boston women's team but no doubt lfc women's need a few marquee players if they wanna compete.I'm curious whether lfcboston people would go to watch an lfc womens team friendly against a lower league non boston team? my guess is no.And for all the hype/love the USA world cup team gets the NWSL still struggles to get any recognition. Anyways still no news on public training,appearences and that kinda stuff. :confused-smiley-013:
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #35: Jul 06, 2019 03:56:14 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #36: Jul 09, 2019 03:35:10 pm
      Sami Hyypia at 11st bar for the Sevilla game watch.And Patrick Berger doing  q and a on july 24th.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #37: Jul 11, 2019 03:05:49 am
      Sami Hyypia at 11st bar for the Sevilla game watch.And Patrick Berger doing  q and a on july 24th.

I’ll have to go to see Sami!!! Would love to meet him.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #38: Jul 12, 2019 05:58:08 pm
      Vladi Smicer in Boston for the game watch against Dortmund,wonder if they'll take his seat when the d.j starts up!  :aaliverpoolwz0: still tickets available for Fenway,over priced it? Club dragging it's heels about fan events.
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #39: Jul 12, 2019 08:20:19 pm
      I'm interested in attending the Yankee Stadium match, but it's dependent on who travels over here.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40: Jul 13, 2019 03:10:18 am
      Vladi Smicer in Boston for the game watch against Dortmund,wonder if they'll take his seat when the d.j starts up!  :aaliverpoolwz0: still tickets available for Fenway,over priced it? Club dragging it's heels about fan events.

I'm reminded of John Henry (or was it Gordon?) asking Charlie Adam if he ever watched cricket.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41: Jul 13, 2019 03:11:12 am
      I'm interested in attending the Yankee Stadium match, but it's dependent on who travels over here.

You won't get Bobby, Allison or Sadio. Not sure about Mo.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #42: Jul 13, 2019 05:27:31 pm

Doesn’t matter who is there for me.  I’ll be there. 
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #43: Jul 17, 2019 02:51:07 pm
      Just checked the weather.  Was worried about it as it has been very hot here for a bit.  Gonna be very hot for the boys pretty much up until the game I’m going to in the Bronx.  High of 82 that day according to forecasts.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #44: Jul 18, 2019 04:55:37 pm
      You won't get Bobby, Allison or Sadio. Not sure about Mo.

Won't be there either. Not joining up with the team until training in Evian.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #45: Jul 18, 2019 10:28:20 pm
      Just checked the weather.  Was worried about it as it has been very hot here for a bit.  Gonna be very hot for the boys pretty much up until the game I’m going to in the Bronx.  High of 82 that day according to forecasts.

Looks like Boston is under the heat gun, 96 both saturday and sunday,poss hit 100,anyone coming into town,you'll find me at the bar with the ac cranking saturday.F**k the match.

Quick Reply