Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

The Title run in -3 down, all games played:

Read 32496 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,519 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: 3 to go - The Title run in
      Reply #115: Apr 25, 2019 10:09:25 am
      I think we will be even better next season, although to be honest there is not that much room for improvement! This team has a great mentality and confidence, just look at us in the CL this season, through to another semi, with a good chance of making the final again.

Next season we will start with a fully integrated Keita and Fabinho, plus Ox. We will hopefully have a few additions in defence to give some extra cover and rotation and most importantly another attacker to freshen things up off the bench and also to rotate in. That has been the key difference between ourselves and City their strength in depth and in particular strength in attacking options.

That having been said I still think we'll win this season, come on Burnley, Leicester and Brighton!
      Agreed. I forgot to mention we'd have a fully integrated Keita and Fab. That can't be underestimated.

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #116: Apr 25, 2019 10:17:22 am
      We have a chance still, just need to keep winning our games.

City are ropey at the back, theres still a chance for them to drop points.

If someone scores 2 past them city will score 3+

They have conceeded a whopping 3 league goals since newcastle in january and have not trailed since that game.

So, even with that 'dodgy' defence .... no way they are slipping up now.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #117: Apr 25, 2019 10:17:53 am
      So with the evidence from Bilde on Cities cheating the FFP rules, when they are exposed by the FA Will they get points deducted ?
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Re: Re: Liverpool v Huddersfield Friday 26th April 20:00 Kick Off
      Reply #118: Apr 25, 2019 10:24:07 am
      Two of softest goals you see silva goal just crept in at near post a miss hit and de gea couldn't even save. No United player bothered to run for first goal. Second same shaw again only jogging. Fred same gave ball away then jogs back and dea gea simple save with his hands decides to use his feet and it goes in. No Roy Keane type player who would got stuck into city players instead of fkn letting them waltz in and do what they like. That wee f**ker Bernardo Silva hope a Burnley player goes F***ing through him.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #119: Apr 25, 2019 10:24:33 am
      So with the evidence from Bilde on Cities cheating the FFP rules, when they are exposed by the FA Will they get points deducted ?

Or at least a transfer ban for a few windows, the fines are ridiculous and are drops in the ocean to them.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #120: Apr 25, 2019 10:40:42 am
      Never ever stop believing,we can still win this league.I for one will never throw in the towel till the final whistle that ends the season.  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #121: Apr 25, 2019 10:44:15 am
      I stopped believing now. Even if City drop points our final game is against Wolves. The points we dropped were vital, according to Klopp's logic I'm a stupid idiot for thinking the Leicester and West Ham results have cost us.

That and sh*t refereeing.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #122: Apr 25, 2019 10:50:19 am
      I stopped believing now. Even if City drop points our final game is against Wolves. The points we dropped were vital, according to Klopp's logic I'm a stupid idiot for thinking the Leicester and West Ham results have cost us.

That and sh*t refereeing.

Ok great. Can I invite you to come back and celebrate with us if ever we happen to win it? For now, just stop your negative influence to people who choose to believe in our players and coaching team for the last three games.

Most of us are staying till the final whistle. For now won’t you please head for the exit. And if we roar for a last minute goal a la Everton and Spurs, you can rush back into the stands and start cheering like you’ve never headed for the exit. ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #123: Apr 25, 2019 10:56:54 am

You're like a child

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1774 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #124: Apr 25, 2019 11:03:42 am
      I agree, that's what frustrated last night, you saw a few times Rashford and Lingard causing them issues at the back but no one from midfield helping out or joining the attack, imagine if we could have loaned them Keita, Gini and Hendo for the night!

yup. Was frustrating to watch.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #125: Apr 25, 2019 11:05:22 am
      Or at least a transfer ban for a few windows, the fines are ridiculous and are drops in the ocean to them.
      Yeah it's unfair competing with a team who flout FA rules. Should be a points deduction but won't do that. Too controversial. Teams should not be allowed spend limitless amounts of cash on players managers. Two billion spent basically bought the league a 20 million a year paid manager. Its ridiculous. If FA let them away with it they'd spend another billion in the summer. F***ing Arabs and there rotten oil money it's not a fair level playing field at all. Needs to stop
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1774 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #126: Apr 25, 2019 11:06:40 am
      If someone scores 2 past them city will score 3+

They have conceeded a whopping 3 league goals since newcastle in january and have not trailed since that game.

So, even with that 'dodgy' defence .... no way they are slipping up now.

your right. but Id say thats more down to their possession football keeping team away from the defenders. Which is defending as well tbf.

Its very frustrating.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #127: Apr 25, 2019 11:07:33 am
      Going to be tough to win the Prem now, can't see City dropping points v Burnley Leicester or Brighton but we've got to keep believing and winning our remaining games.

They won't, and we won't win, that's the cold, harsh reality of the situation and anyone that doesn't like that should visit another thread. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't go for the highest points tally we can, or that we shouldn't push City all the way in case the laws of reality decide to unraval and somehow one of those teams do take points off them. So Klopp and his team need to sit down in the Summer and examine what went wrong, and decide whether playing for a draw, like he did at Everton, is the right move going forward or whether it's better to go all out for a win and risk a loss.

ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #128: Apr 25, 2019 11:07:53 am
      Never ever stop believing,we can still win this league.I for one will never throw in the towel till the final whistle that ends the season.  :kop5cf8koxp6:

I can’t produce a video compilation which otherwise I would. Hope this is enough evidence to get people believing in our team. Save for those with unbelief. For now just get behind the lads.

1) Olympiakos - CL
      2) West Ham - FA cup
      3) Milan - CL
      4) Everton - PL 18/19
      5) Spurs - PL 18/19
      6) Newcastle - PL 95/96
      7) Newcastle - PL 96/97
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #129: Apr 25, 2019 11:13:42 am

Will they hell. They'll get a transfer ban for two windows at worst. That's what Chelsea got iirc.

I can’t produce a video compilation which otherwise I would. Hope this is enough evidence to get people believing in our team. Save for those with unbelief. For now just get behind the lads.

1) Olympiakos - CL
      2) West Ham - FA cup
      3) Milan - CL
      4) Everton - PL 18/19
      5) Spurs - PL 18/19
      6) Newcastle - PL 95/96
      7) Newcastle - PL 96/97

Believing in what, exactly? Are you suggesting that you can't criticise the team, or examine its failures while recognising success were it has occured? This is something some of you seem incapable of grasping. These are not mutually exclusive concepts. Even though I don't believe we will win the title, that lack of belief does not prevent me from being fully 100% behind the team until the very end in the vain hope that I'm proven wrong. There are other things  to play for. Pride in the shirt, professional pride as players, the largest points total accumulated by a runner up, the habbit of winning etc. People on here seriously need to get a grip. There is a wide range of opinions throughout the supporter base and no single one is right or wrong. If you believe so adamantly that we will win the league then lay out the case as to why and perhaps you'll convince those of us who don't to come over to your way of thinking.
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2019 11:21:07 am by 5timesacharm »
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #130: Apr 25, 2019 11:24:25 am
      The only tricky game for us is Newcastle away
      Really?!!  Wolves stuffed Arsenal last night and have had results against all the rest of the top 6 this season; the only away match they've lost to a top 6 side was City, so that will certainly be a
      tricky match.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #131: Apr 25, 2019 11:26:57 am

“I believe the children are our future.......”

We’re doomed.
      Kopite78
      Reply #132: Apr 25, 2019 11:27:50 am
      Really?!!  Wolves stuffed Arsenal last night and have had results against all the rest of the top 6 this season; the only away match they've lost to a top 6 side was City, so that will certainly be a
      tricky match.

We haven't lost at home for 2 years

Wolves haven't won an away game since February

This team deserve your confidence.. they've earnt it
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #133: Apr 25, 2019 11:29:05 am

1) Olympiakos - CL
      2) West Ham - FA cup
      3) Milan - CL
      4) Everton - PL 18/19
      5) Spurs - PL 18/19
      6) Newcastle - PL 95/96
      7) Newcastle - PL 96/97
      The issue here isn't believing in what we can do (as all your examples allude to), it's believing that City are going to slip-up.  It's out of our hands, so we can believe in ourselves all we like and we may well win all remaining games, but that could mean nothing at the end of the league season.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #134: Apr 25, 2019 11:32:54 am
      We haven't lost at home for 2 years

Wolves haven't won an away game since February

This team deserve your confidence.. they've earnt it
      But they drew at Chelsea last month and we've drawn at home unexpectedly this year.

I'm not saying I don't think we'll win, but to write that match off as a "Gimme" is a fool's game.

Wolves have also earned that respect this season.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #135: Apr 25, 2019 11:33:19 am
      Will they hell. They'll get a transfer ban for two windows at worst. That's what Chelsea got iirc.

Believing in what, exactly? Are you suggesting that you can't criticise the team, or examine its failures while recognising success were it has occured? This is something some of you seem incapable of grasping. These are not mutually exclusive concepts. Even though I don't believe we will win the title, that lack of belief does not prevent me from being fully 100% behind the team until the very end in the vain hope that I'm proven wrong. There are other things  to play for. Pride in the shirt, professional pride as players, the largest points total accumulated by a runner up, the habbit of winning etc. People on here seriously need to get a grip. There is a wide range of opinions throughout the supporter base and no single one is right or wrong. If you believe so adamantly that we will win the league then lay out the case as to why and perhaps you'll convince those of us who don't to come over to your way of thinking.

Life is not perfect and no one is perfect. Nothing is guaranteed in life except the fact that every living thing will die someday. Even your death date is not guaranteed.

If it were, would you bet £100,000 now beg borrow or steal on City winning the league?

One red card one penalty could swing things. But yea, it’s gone. City could play with 5 players and without a keeper and still not drop a single point. Guaranteed ya?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #136: Apr 25, 2019 11:33:44 am
      It’s not a case of having a lack of belief in our team, far from it, I have every faith in the team to win all the remaining games this season. It’s a lack of faith in other teams that have to come up against City which is the problem.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #137: Apr 25, 2019 11:37:13 am
      We still in it some would have given their left bollock to be in this position with three to go , if we don’t it’s not for the want of effort or trying it’s just getting beat by a better team sometimes you just have to hold your hand up ,we won’t be giving up till the final whistle of the final game .

Quick Reply