Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The Title run in -3 down, all games played:

Read 32393 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,498 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #598: May 06, 2019 10:12:28 pm
      Vardy gone... onto Glenn Murray...  :lmao:
      I'll take anything at this moment in time Dan ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,412 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #599: May 06, 2019 10:13:05 pm
      There must be some kind of financial capping by UEFA. Say no clubs can spend more than 120 mil in total and they can get as many players as they like but within that budget. That will piss off the agents big time. That;s how the game should be played. Otherwise, we'll continue to see barca, rm and now the new kid on the block city dominate the football scene.

After reading about the propsed changes to the cl, something we are involved in pushing for there is no chance
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #600: May 06, 2019 10:13:53 pm
      Yes, he parked probably 9 players inside their half to contain citeh but when LC regained possession they must whip the ball accurately into the path of vardy to terrorize that idiot kompany or go on a fast counter attack. No ambition, one track mind manager.

Yea, cause I bet Brendan told them not to whip balls into the path of Vardy. You are genius with your analysis.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,498 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #601: May 06, 2019 10:14:07 pm
      After reading about the propsed changes to the cl, something we are involved in pushing for there is no chance
      What changes are they?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,412 posts | 3406 
      Reply #602: May 06, 2019 10:14:31 pm
      Yes, he parked probably 9 players inside their half to contain citeh but when LC regained possession they must whip the ball accurately into the path of vardy to terrorize that idiot kompany or go on a fast counter attack. No ambition, one track mind manager.

The one whose team scored over 100 and let in over 50 and finished 2nd. Don't talk soft.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,534 posts | 242 
      Reply #603: May 06, 2019 10:14:37 pm
      Brighton's Glenn Murray has scored 14 goals this season.

#Hopethatkillsyou

16 goals next week my Psychic told me
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,565 posts | 391 
      Reply #604: May 06, 2019 10:14:46 pm
      Istanbul has cursed us hasn’t it? 

I mean just look at that F***ing strike from kompany of all people! It’s absurd. No wonder they backed off. His first shot from outside the box in 6 bloody years!!!!

And just seen the replays of the chance for Iheanacho.... it’s an incredible chance. Literally half the goal is open.

This summer is gonna be agony.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,412 posts | 3406 
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #606: May 06, 2019 10:18:12 pm
      With both final day games kicking off at the same time we'll soon see who's arse can stay tight and avoid the squeaks !!

We get an early goal against Wolves and it will reverb around Brighton's ground,onto the pitch and into the heads of the Man City players..

Man City fans had no voice tonight and no songs to sing, what a F***ing plastic club they are.

Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #607: May 06, 2019 10:21:02 pm
      There's no point people having a pop at any negativity, this has been really hard to take for a good few weeks now, we've been brilliant this year but it's gonna be really hard to match this next season, I'm not saying we deffo won't it's just very unlikely. Klopp must have done something bad in a past life or we must have. I feel like Football has died with what those City scumbags have done, OK we've still got next week but how the feck can we be 94 points and not have clinched it
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #608: May 06, 2019 10:25:24 pm
      There's no point people having a pop at any negativity, this has been really hard to take for a good few weeks now, we've been brilliant this year but it's gonna be really hard to match this next season, I'm not saying we deffo won't it's just very unlikely. Klopp must have done something bad in a past life or we must have. I feel like Football has died with what those City scumbags have done, OK we've still got next week but how the feck can we be 94 points and not have clinched it

I know. They’re going to win a domestic treble and have had a decent jab at Europe. Their bench tonight had Mahrez, Stones, Jesus, Otamendi, Danilo. How much is that? That’s before you even factor in the KDB is injured and you barely notice.

It feels incredibly unfair, especially because it’s well documented that they have broken the rules and yet F**k all happens.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #609: May 06, 2019 10:28:23 pm
      Yea, cause I bet Brendan told them not to whip balls into the path of Vardy. You are genius with your analysis.

Have you got anything worthy to contribute??? Not impressed with you posts so far. Trying to play BR. You must be one big BR supporter. One poster pissed you off earlier. That poster was right. You posted rubbish so far.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #610: May 06, 2019 10:28:33 pm
      Istanbul has cursed us hasn’t it? 

I mean just look at that f**king strike from kompany of all people! It’s absurd. No wonder they backed off. His first shot from outside the box in 6 bloody years!!!!

And just seen the replays of the chance for Iheanacho.... it’s an incredible chance. Literally half the goal is open.

This summer is gonna be agony.

I am a doubting Thomas by nature but a I'm not sure Iheanacho wanted to score against his mates, Edinson dove to his right and the goal was open pretty much
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: The Title run in - 2 down 1 to go.
      Reply #611: May 06, 2019 10:31:14 pm

For 2 seasons in a row now 97 points wouldn't win you the title. No reason to believe next year will be any different either.

Ihanecho missed it because hes useless unfit fat b***ard that's why hes at Leicester.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #612: May 06, 2019 10:40:37 pm
      It gets tougher to take each week as the seasons draws to a close.

94 points with a game to go and it's out of our hands. It's f**king insane.

We've been immense all season and I don't half feel sorry for Jürgen and the boys. If we don't win any silverware this season this could be potentially damaging psychologically. It is going to take a big effort to bounce back from this.

Let's get the three points against wolves and just pray Brighton can get something. I don't have much confidence in them myself but you just never know.

To be honest. I'm gobsmacked city have picked maximum points up when I saw their run in 6 or 7 weeks ago.  Both them and us have been unreal. I just can't believe our luck at times and it feels like we're f**king cursed.

tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #613: May 06, 2019 10:48:43 pm
      F**k off ihenacho...its over😪😪

brighton have 1%
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #614: May 06, 2019 10:52:41 pm
      My team have reduced me to tears and heartbreak down the years ;
      Charlie George's winner in 71
      Spastic Manc winner in 77
      Micky Thomas's last minute winner in 89
      Eric the frogs winner in 96
      That 3-3 draw at Palace
      Butter fingers Karius last year

Whatever happens tomorrow night and on Sunday afternoon, the love, support and commitment I have for this club, will never die.

As Brian Clough once said "It only takes a second to score a goal"  ;D

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #615: May 06, 2019 10:52:48 pm
      Have you got anything worthy to contribute??? Not impressed with you posts so far. Trying to play BR. You must be one big BR supporter. One poster pissed you off earlier. That poster was right. You posted rubbish so far.

I've got plenty worthy to contribute, where would you like to start? Someone like you telling me my posts are rubbish. I'll have a laugh at that one. I couldn't care less about Rodgers and whatever a "BR supporter" is I don't think I'm one of those, but I know someone chatting crap and that's you acting like Rodgers didn't set his team up to win.

Because Rodgers with a 9th placed team with 2nd rate players is supposed to setup and have an open game of football against a team that no one has been able to go toe to toe with (save us) over the course of the season. The ending was never really in doubt, and had Rodgers gone at them, this one would have been over early and saved us all the drama. So maybe you are pissed off and frustrated like me that LC couldn't get a job done, but the difference is, you for some reason apparently think they could have when I knew all along it was going to take a miracle, regardless of the manager's tactics.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #616: May 06, 2019 10:53:12 pm
      Is it over? Is it F**k. No good anyone having a pop at Brendan or Leicester, they tried the best they could. We are where we are based on our results over the course of 37 games.

Did anyone really think Leicester were going to fight them toe to toe? They would have been ripped apart. He chose to try and contain City and try to hit them on the break, it almost worked. Leicester played an ultra low block but they were so deep that when they did get the ball they were so compressed there was no outlet. I lost count of the amount of times that McGuire, Evans & Albrighton passed the ball straight to the opposition, it was just one of those nights. The only reason City played such a high line was because Leicester were so so deep. Add to that that Kompany scored a freak goal and there you have it.

There is still a 90 minute period to pass before this title race is decided, i believe we are still in it until that final whistle blows on the 12th May 2019.

While there is hope we still fight.

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.

Dale Carnegie
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #617: May 06, 2019 10:56:41 pm
      Even the goal hit the underside of the crossbar. He got away with a lot of nasty challenges too. Leicester had chances but that last chance an open fkn goal was best chance of the game. Bernardo to me has been there best player this season. But that miss F**k sake even ederson lay down the whole goal was gaping.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #618: May 06, 2019 11:00:40 pm
      Anyway maybe there still a twist. There usually is on the final day.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #619: May 06, 2019 11:52:51 pm

Well someone must have told them to keep passing the ball back to the goalie and when under pressure lump it back upfield to a city player instead of winning it back and creating a counter attack.
      Leicester were good in defence but crap in attack.
      « Last Edit: May 06, 2019 11:57:42 pm by heimdall »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #620: May 06, 2019 11:57:06 pm
      Anyway maybe there still a twist. There usually is on the final day.

Yes City win by 4 points, there's your twist, honestly I'm about as negative as you are right now, I just don't give a sh*t any more. I've invested so much emotionally into this season and it will end up with F**k all again. I hope next season Jürgen targets the cups and just securing top4. Let Citeh win the league with 90+ points for as long as they want, no one can stop them anyway.

Quick Reply