Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The Title run in -3 down, all games played:

Read 32461 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: 3 to go - The Title run in
      Reply #69: Apr 24, 2019 11:07:16 pm
      Don't worry, Burnley will stop City winning the title. Ian Woan the asst manager  at Burnley is a Liverpool supporter. He'll get them fired up.

Christ and I thought clinging on to hope United could do us a favour was stretching it! Now we're praying on Ian Woan  :laugh:.

I'm not convinced we would win these 3 games remaining if we took the lead in the table anyway. We were very nervy when we were out in the lead, and have looked much more comfortable chasing.

As a horse racing fan you have horses who don't do much out in front and have to be delivered late to win and we are like that to be honest.

These horses can be very expensive to back, because they have to time it just right.

The 1 question mark over this team is can they get over the line? That's in the league and the cups.

We don't want to be the best team that never wins anything and for that to change we have to deal with the pressure of winning.

Again the city points total is huge but my question is if City lost a few more over the course of the season, would we have lost a few more too?
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2019 11:14:13 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #70: Apr 24, 2019 11:09:33 pm
      People keep going on about the leicester game ... we should have had a pen ... thats where we lost it ... total rubbish. We were lucky to get out of that game with a point. It was a point gained.

We lost this league with the negativity at goodison but most of all at united. They used all their subs after 28 minutes, had a striker who could not run. They played over an hour with 10 men.

Yet we showed no ambition ... and played for the 0-0 and high fived at the end. You cant nudge your way to a title ... you have to win it. And thats what city have done.

We had big moments in jan feb and march. We fluffed our lines ... we did not go for the throat. We settled for 1 when we should have smashed the doors down for 3.

Lost a 7 point lead without losing a game. That hurts .... im really deflated tonight.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #71: Apr 24, 2019 11:11:37 pm

We have to win our remainging games, and if we do we may be League winners or champions league winners. Man U, with all their so called talent, where rabbits in the headlights

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #72: Apr 24, 2019 11:15:42 pm
      We have to win our remainging games, and if we do we may be League winners or champions league winners. Man U, with all their so called talent, where rabbits in the headlights

Not much talent at United, I think we can all agree on that.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1630 
      Reply #73: Apr 24, 2019 11:42:37 pm
      If were all feeling a bit low tonight , just think back to them seasons when it was all over by now and we had nothing to play for , I know where I’d rather be .
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #74: Apr 24, 2019 11:49:01 pm
      still a slither of a chance....but its just so F***ing depressing yet again we find ourselves against an absolute machine.
      cant bare the thought of  a summer reflecting on a possible 97 points and coming second! (assuming we dont win the CL of course)
      its absolutely insane. think ill spend the whole summer thinking of that F***ing ball on the goal line at the etihad, just like that dickhead macheda 10 years ago......
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #75: Apr 24, 2019 11:53:37 pm
      Quote from Don77
      We lost this league with the negativity at goodison but most of all at united. They used all their subs after 28 minutes, had a striker who could not run. They played over an hour with 10 men.

Yet we showed no ambition ... and played for the 0-0 and high fived at the end. You cant nudge your way to a title ... you have to win it. And thats what city have done.

We had big moments in jan feb and march. We fluffed our lines ... we did not go for the throat. We settled for 1 when we should have smashed the doors down for 3.

Lost a 7 point lead without losing a game. That hurts .... im really deflated tonight.

We haven't lost the league. There's 3 games to go, and a curveball can land somewhere at a moment's notice. We need one draw involving City, it's not exactly asking to scale Everest.

But if 97 points is not quite enough, we still haven't lost the league, the total would be enough to win it in 118 of the past 119 seasons. If it's not quite enough, then the other team have won it, simple as. We're 20 points clear of 3rd ffs, a team that we finished ahead of just once in the past 9 years.

We were not expected to win the league this year, still are not, but we're taking it  much further than most expected back in August. We're 17 points better off from the same point last season and reeled in a 25 point gap to City from 12 months ago, that the football public said couldn't possibly be done. We don't have to win the league for the season to be a success. It already has been a huge success, if only more people saw the bigger picture.

And there's still Europe to come...
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #76: Apr 24, 2019 11:55:19 pm
      Not much talent at United, I think we can all agree on that.

theyre appalling. the only solace im feeling is how bad they are. but then look at city. They are a big problem. interesting listening to the Indy football podcast the other day, lad on there jack pit brooke whos a city fan, was saying this is a real problem for the league. City not only have the money, there is so much brains behind them. begiristain and Soriano were brought in with the aim of domination. only hope is when Pep leaves tbh......

although, i still have hope leicester can do something...they at least have pace.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #77: Apr 24, 2019 11:58:37 pm
      We haven't lost the league. There's 3 games to go, and a curveball can land somewhere at a moment's notice. We need one draw involving City, it's not exactly asking to scale Everest.

But if 97 points is not quite enough, we still haven't lost the league, the total would be enough to win it in 118 of the past 119 seasons. If it's not quite enough, then the other team have won it, simple as. We're 20 points clear of 3rd ffs, a team that we finished ahead of just once in the past 9 years.

We were not expected to win the league this year, still are not, but we're taking it  much further than most expected back in August. We're 17 points better off from the same point last season and reeled in a 25 point gap to City from 12 months ago, that the football public said couldn't possibly be done. We don't have to win the league for the season to be a success. It already has been a huge success, if only more people saw the bigger picture.

And there's still Europe to come...

That is an absolutely absurbed thing to say. If we lose the league, we've lost the league no matter how many points we have. As I said before, it's a phenomenal season, and with luck we'll finish Champions of Europe at least, but to suggest we're somehow winners for coming second with the highest number of points any runner's up has ever had is ridiculous. Besides, his general point is a fair one. He's just echoing the same guy I did. If we don't win, it's the draws that did it. As a club, next season we need to look at perhaps being bolder and going for the win, even if it costs us a defeat.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #78: Apr 24, 2019 11:59:32 pm
      What did we expect to get from Utd?

Nothing. Clueless football, and a manager running scared with a 3 year deal. Sané the difference maker for City, yet again. There's always Friday to reclaim top, I guess!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #79: Apr 25, 2019 01:36:36 am
      Again, I wasn't the guy who mentioned it, I was the guy who agreed with the guy who mentioned it. Secondly, they are two entirely different things. I did not say and have not said that this is a bad season, I simply agreed the draws cost us. This is what's pissing  me the f**k off. I'm getting sh*t for something I didn't bring up in the first place. Not that anyone should be having a pop at anyone no matter how many times it's mentioned. Simply ignore it if it bothers you.

We can sit and rationally analyse why we didn't win the league without suggestions that we're somehow denegrating the season by doing so. The two things are not mutually exclusive to each other. The fact is draws cost us. The fact is draws aren't worth sh*t any more and, in my opinion, the FA should at changing it to two points for a draw to make them relevent again. But until that happens, we need to draw less. That is a fact. If we end up on 97 points it will be a phenomenal achievement, but at the same time there are no prizes for coming second. Both statements are true.

Yea, you agreed with a point that’s been parroted on this forum for months now, trying to make it out like you can pick out one or two games and blame us being behind on those specific performances. You can’t.

Just like you are tired of being picked on, I’m tired of the negativity regarding a few draws.

So if you don’t like it, too bad.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #80: Apr 25, 2019 02:29:46 am
      Yea, you agreed with a point that’s been parroted on this forum for months now, trying to make it out like you can pick out one or two games and blame us being behind on those specific performances. You can’t.

Just like you are tired of being picked on, I’m tired of the negativity regarding a few draws.

So if you don’t like it, too bad.

What part of this is difficult for you to understand? You acknowledge that I agreed with someone else yet singled me out for havingt a go at. Why didn't you moan to the guy who raised it? Why didn't you moan to the other guy who agreed? Why single me out, FL? That's where the issue lies. Not with deflation, I fully expected tonight's result, but with anger at being singled out for nothing. Yes I was probably a bit over the top but I'm extremely angry with being singled out for no reason.

Listen, we had a seven point lead over City at the turn of the year. If City win they will have gained nine points on us. With seven draws over the course of the season and only one defeat, draws are going to get discussed whether you like it or not. It's not negative to discuss them. If you don't want to engage in constructive debate about them I suggest you take a break until we win the European Cup and I'm forced to petition for a name change.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #81: Apr 25, 2019 02:33:45 am
      What part of this is difficult for you to understand? You acknowledge that I agreed with someone else yet singled me out for havingt a go at.
      Because yours is the first post I saw.

Why didn't you moan to the guy who raised it? Why didn't you moan to the other guy who agreed? Why single me out, FL?
      Because your post is the one I saw and I'm tired of seeing posts like it.

Listen, we had a seven point lead over City. If City win they will have gained nine points on us. With seven draws over the course of the season and only one defeat, draws are going to get discussed whether you like it or not. It's not negative to discuss them. If you don't want to engage in constructive debate about them I suggest you take a break until we win the European Cup and I'm forced to petition for a name change.

If we hadn't lost to City, we'd be top right now, why are we not talking about that game and instead talking about draws?

The point is, talking about ONLY the draws is stupid because those aren't the only games that affected our position.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 240 
      Reply #82: Apr 25, 2019 04:09:49 am
      Let us not lose hope. There are still 3 games to go.
      This is a league in which Stevie slipped when it was all but concluded that we will win the league. This is also the league when Aguero scored a goal in the 93rd minute to seal a title.

It is probably time to believe in destiny, the destiny that brought back Brendan from Celtic. Two ex-managers of LFC have taken points from City. Let us hope that a third will do that in the penultimate game.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #83: Apr 25, 2019 04:23:37 am
      Trust Brendan Rodgers, and their honeymoon period. Atleast Vardy won't miss an open goal ala f**king Lingard.

You know, that is what I'm thinking about from the past week, that city to drop points in the game they are least expected to. May very well be wishful thinking at the end. Until Leicester, I personally won't hand them the title yet.

On paper they'll win all 3, but football is not played on paper.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #84: Apr 25, 2019 04:31:44 am
      Let us not lose hope. There are still 3 games to go.
      This is a league in which Stevie slipped when it was all but concluded that we will win the league. This is also the league when Aguero scored a goal in the 93rd minute to seal a title.

It is probably time to believe in destiny, the destiny that brought back Brendan from Celtic. Two ex-managers of LFC have taken points from City. Let us hope that a third will do that in the penultimate game.

ynwa

;) :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #85: Apr 25, 2019 04:53:33 am
      I have said it before and I will say it again. If city win all the remaing games, then they have deserved the title. They have kept winning under pressure, so hats off to them. Although it's not over yet.

Now over to us, this team and our boss has made me proud. What a season we are having. We are back with the elite in Europe and challenging for the title. It's a shame we are up against a very good city side, who can just buy whomever they want.
      No point in picking games in the season where we could have gotten more points, this has brilliant effort by our lads so far. YNWA
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #86: Apr 25, 2019 06:12:30 am
      They made us proud. I honestly think that we won't win the league but still 3 more games to play for and anything can happen. We just need to continuing winning.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #87: Apr 25, 2019 06:52:31 am
      No point in picking games in the season where we could have gotten more points, this has brilliant effort by our lads so far. YNWA

Right.
      If we win, nobody will give a toss about our draws/losses.
      If we loose, the majority will look at our incredible points total, and say we gave it a hell of a go. Some will navel gaze about this game or that game. But at the end of the day, if you come 2nd with THIS amount of points, you have to hold your hands up and say the other lot just pipped us in the incredible stakes.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3919 
      Reply #88: Apr 25, 2019 06:56:39 am
      I’m not going to lie - I'm hurting.

Absolutely gutted.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #89: Apr 25, 2019 07:20:26 am
      Next job - win tomorrow to break 90 points

Then its back over to Citeh vs Dyche's shithouses at Burnley
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #90: Apr 25, 2019 07:24:25 am
      The season isn’t over yet BUT which ever team comes out as champions will fully deserve it.
      Yes it would be gutting to not claim our first premier league title but you have to be reasonable and accept that city would be well deserved of the achievement.
      We are living in new and exciting times for our majestic club and we need to accept a runner up spot with grace and a huge amount of pride in our club.
      BUT it’s isn’t over yet so keep the faith till the final whistle and enjoy the ride of which we have never experienced before.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #91: Apr 25, 2019 07:50:07 am
      I think we have the harder run in than city. Newcastle away only two days rest after the nou camp and wolves in final day are a very good team going for europa league. But we gotta just keep going. We had so many seasons where we have narrowly missed out on titles despite scoring the most goals in Rodgers and benitez eras. So many cup final heartbreaking defeats that if there is any justice this team wins at least one trophy this season. Id happily take champions league now. That be tough too cos I see barca resting messi for league games we have to play our best 11 every game and 3games in six days coming up.

Quick Reply