Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Title run in -3 down, all games played:

Read 31868 times
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Re: 3 to go - The Title run in
      Reply #46: Apr 24, 2019 10:14:10 pm
      Not over till the fat lady sings, somebody needs to distract her bloody warming up with a big mac
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #47: Apr 24, 2019 10:15:42 pm
      WTF. I was expecting better from munts. Only because I thought individually they may have some courage and honour, but it seems not.
      Sold their souls to the devil and likely won’t get anyone decent to join their sinking ship in the summer.
      Manager seems just as inept st conjouring some pride from them as he did at Cardiff.
      Can’t see them being a threat to the top 6 for years to come now.

So on we go, Leicester maybe do us a favour now. As long as we win all our remaining games, all we can do.
      Bit disappointed but made up we are the best side in the country, possibly Europe without scamming the sponsorship rules and skirting round the ffp.
      Little honour in wining while cheating..
      City, The Ben Johnsons of football !
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #48: Apr 24, 2019 10:15:55 pm
      We will back on top on Friday ,back to you city
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Liverpool v Huddersfield Friday 26th April 20:00 Kick Off
      Reply #49: Apr 24, 2019 10:17:41 pm
      We might see some rotation after tonight's manc derby result. The lads will have some serious running to do at the Nou Camp. 60 minutes for Gomez is a good shout, I wonder if Origi also gets a start for Bobby.
      City have 3 to play but I'd say they have an easier run in, 1 point and many goals ahead. I think champions league is our only real chance of a trophy barring a miracle. Spurs and United were the last tough games for them. I'd imagine we'll be switching focus to CL as you suggested. The irritating thing is we play before City so if we don't win then city don't win we'll kick ourselves for rotating.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #50: Apr 24, 2019 10:17:56 pm
      No surprise to see City cruise it against ManU. It's not even that they weren't trying. They're just sh*te. Annoying though to see De Gea turning into the rich man's Loris Karius just when we didn't need it.

We just have to keep the pressure on City and hope they slip up. They were pretty nervy for the first half hour. We have to make sure their nerves are still jangling over the last 3 games. Meanwhile we still have the CL in our own hands. Beat Barca and we are favourites. Is a bit more likely than the league now, but you never know, City might still slip up.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #51: Apr 24, 2019 10:19:05 pm
      Tbh I never expected Utd to win that, maybe a draw if lucky, but a team like Burnley, actually playing for a draw, with players that actually fight, I can see more likely than Utd were of getting points today.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #52: Apr 24, 2019 10:21:06 pm
      I thought when they held them out for 45 mins they could summon a huge effort with just 45"  mins left to do anything to try and get top 4. City didn't even play that well only two shots on target second half and supposedly the best keeper in the world could not keep either out. Seeing the United players all shaking hands with guardiola after the match didn't look in too much distress
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #53: Apr 24, 2019 10:22:11 pm
      35 members on this site outnumbered by 72 guests ,wonder who the f@ck they are? M@ncs reading our reactions?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #54: Apr 24, 2019 10:22:58 pm
      Yup, West Ham, Utd and Everton have, on the balance of probabilities, cost us the league.

And all of our wins have kept us in it. FFS, lamenting draws as the reason we won’t win the league with our best points haul ever, 90+ once it’s all said and done. I swear it’s never enough for some.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,147 posts | 1619 
      Reply #55: Apr 24, 2019 10:27:12 pm
      If we don’t win the title it isn’t because of draws it is because that big headed F**k Vincent Kompany never saw red at the Etihad for a clear red card.

Can’t see where they drop points now to be honest.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #56: Apr 24, 2019 10:27:50 pm
      What separates the two teams is we drew with them at Anfield and they beat us at Emptihad.

No need to look any further than the games between us.

Anyway I've just checked and 3 games to go.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #57: Apr 24, 2019 10:28:45 pm
      I hope burnley have a go against city. Swansea proved that if you go at them they can be got at. If you sit back and invite pressure the dam will creak at sum stage. Roll on Friday night and at least keep pressure up. Usually in tight league titles there's twists and turns. Hopefully there one left yet.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #58: Apr 24, 2019 10:30:45 pm
      If we don’t win the title it isn’t because of draws it is because that big headed f**k Vincent Kompany never saw red at the Etihad for a clear red card.

Can’t see where they drop points now to be honest.
      Yeah that's true. Was a clear red and mane goal 2mm of a ball not over a line. I think if over half the ball is over the line should be a goal. That was a six point turnaround that night
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #59: Apr 24, 2019 10:31:27 pm
      Ole their manager?, look at his record of who he managed, he is what he is, not wishing to be dissrepectful. Was like our Fairclouugh, but without the pace
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #60: Apr 24, 2019 10:38:46 pm
      And all of our wins have kept us in it. FFS, lamenting draws as the reason we won’t win the league with our best points haul ever, 90+ once it’s all said and done. I swear it’s never enough for some.

That's a circular argument. Yes, all our wins kept us in it, just as all City's wins kept them in it. But at the end of the day, one statistic stands out: City have drawn 2 games, we've drawn 7. They lost 4 to our 1. Draws aren't worth sh*t any more but we picked up too many and it's more than likely going to cost us. That is a statement of fact. Furthermore, why single me out? I agreed with someone who pointed out the draws. Have a pop at him or shut your f**king mouth. I'm about done with playing it nice and polite to people who give me sh*t on here every time I voice an opinion or state an unpopular fact.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #61: Apr 24, 2019 10:52:04 pm
      Have a pop at him or shut your f**king mouth. I'm about done with playing it nice and polite to people

Not a big fan of this kind of thing. You're not the only one feeling a bit deflated.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #62: Apr 24, 2019 10:52:30 pm
      They were two very poor goals for de gea to let in. Two howlers you expect any keeper to save with ease
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #63: Apr 24, 2019 10:55:16 pm
      That's a circular argument. Yes, all our wins kept us in it, just as all City's wins kept them in it. But at the end of the day, one statistic stands out: City have drawn 2 games, we've drawn 7. They lost 4 to our 1. Draws aren't worth sh*t any more but we picked up too many and it's more than likely going to cost us. That is a statement of fact. Furthermore, why single me out? I agreed with someone who pointed out the draws. Have a pop at him or shut your f**king mouth. I'm about done with playing it nice and polite to people who give me sh*t on here every time I voice an opinion or state an unpopular fact.

I think it irks some when the opinion (or fact as you put it) is the same one repeated over and over again (which it is).

The truth is we've looked better as the chasing team as per the last 4-5 weeks rather than the team that was 7 points clear and then missed a couple of opportunities to really put some space between us and City. But then you also have to factor in the incredible run that City have been on since their defeat at Newcastle, what is it, 11 straight wins now? Will probably be 14 come the end of the season. We've had some luck along the way in some of our wins, the Mersey derby and the recent win against Spurs standout and perhaps we've lacked that same luck in the draws at United, West Ham and at home to Leicester.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #64: Apr 24, 2019 10:55:30 pm
      Have to wait till Friday be back top then only two days .
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #65: Apr 24, 2019 10:58:39 pm
      City is still going to drop points, we just have to win our games.

Hope you're right, its what, 11 wins on the bounce? They have to drop points somewhere.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #66: Apr 24, 2019 11:00:07 pm
      We'll be back on top come Saturday morning, I'm sure of that.

They'll have to win again to take the lead and you just don't know how that plays on the mind.

I still think it's looking more likely they win all their games than drop points but you never can tell.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #67: Apr 24, 2019 11:06:32 pm
      35 members on this site outnumbered by 72 guests ,wonder who the f@ck they are? M@ncs reading our reactions?

You could be right, mind you the 30 odd pages in the 'do we want City to beat us' thread in red café should be a bigger worry to them. They are slowly turning into LFC of the 90s with ex players always sticking the boot in and a fan base taking more pleasure and solace in the failures iof their biggest rivals than the achievements of their own team.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #68: Apr 24, 2019 11:06:45 pm
      I think it irks some when the opinion (or fact as you put it) is the same one repeated over and over again (which it is).

The truth is we've looked better as the chasing team as per the last 4-5 weeks rather than the team that was 7 points clear and then missed a couple of opportunities to really put some space between us and City. But then you also have to factor in the incredible run that City have been on since their defeat at Newcastle, what is it, 11 straight wins now? Will probably be 14 come the end of the season. We've had some luck along the way in some of our wins, the Mersey derby and the recent win against Spurs standout and perhaps we've lacked that same luck in the draws at United, West Ham and at home to Leicester.

Again, I wasn't the guy who mentioned it, I was the guy who agreed with the guy who mentioned it. Secondly, they are two entirely different things. I did not say and have not said that this is a bad season, I simply agreed the draws cost us. This is what's pissing  me the f**k off. I'm getting sh*t for something I didn't bring up in the first place. Not that anyone should be having a pop at anyone no matter how many times it's mentioned. Simply ignore it if it bothers you.

We can sit and rationally analyse why we didn't win the league without suggestions that we're somehow denegrating the season by doing so. The two things are not mutually exclusive to each other. The fact is draws cost us. The fact is draws aren't worth sh*t any more and, in my opinion, the FA should at changing it to two points for a draw to make them relevent again. But until that happens, we need to draw less. That is a fact. If we end up on 97 points it will be a phenomenal achievement, but at the same time there are no prizes for coming second. Both statements are true.

Quick Reply