Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The Title run in -3 down, all games played:

Read 32378 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: 3 to go - The Title run in
      Reply #230: Apr 25, 2019 09:51:37 pm
      The state Rodgers left us in, I’d say a draw in their game vs City is the least we are owed! In fact, if they stop City winning the league, all is forgiven :D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #231: Apr 25, 2019 11:08:01 pm
      Don't worry, Burnley will stop City winning the title. Ian Woan the asst manager  at Burnley is a Liverpool supporter. He'll get them fired up.

Is Ian Woan any relation to Don Woan who played for us a few times in the early 1950's.Back on track I hope Burnley do City good and proper for us.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,127 posts | 127 
      Reply #232: Apr 25, 2019 11:09:17 pm
      All we can do is make sure we win our remaining games. The season is not over until the last game lads
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #233: Apr 25, 2019 11:16:32 pm
      Just watched the highlights on you tube of last night's match United actually had more chances first half  rashford with a couple and linguard and other last ditch defending by city and ederson who smothered rashford. In second half linguard missed a sitter so that's shows go at this city defence there not the quickest. United had chances to score first last night and think your looking at a different result. Kompany us slow and hope he starts against Burnley. Hope sane and sterling don't start as sane us lightning quick and with sterling provides more attacking intent. City have got lucky now against spurs and united. Both could have lost even.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #234: Apr 26, 2019 03:05:36 am
      Been feeling it in the water, Brendan's Leicester are going to turn them over. It is written.

Agreed mate. I think a Mr Jamie Vardy with a 90th minute penalty is going to win us the Title. can feel it in my waters.

That feeling came up yesterday but the feeling I had when I woke up was in stark contrast.

Woke up, checked phone for overnight results and said the words "F***ing cu*ts".

All day yesterday was in a very sombre mood thinking that's it, we forever will be known and laughed at as the team that finished with the Highest runner up tally to ever grace the Premier League.

Makes me feel F***ing sick.

Come on Vardy and Brendan, help us the F**k out.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #235: Apr 26, 2019 05:47:08 am
      I'm still believing! Football is an ugly game and a surprise is always around the corner!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #236: Apr 26, 2019 08:04:47 am
      Agreed mate. I think a Mr Jamie Vardy with a 90th minute penalty is going to win us the Title. can feel it in my waters.

That feeling came up yesterday but the feeling I had when I woke up was in stark contrast.

Woke up, checked phone for overnight results and said the words "F***ing Cu*ts".

All day yesterday was in a very sombre mood thinking that's it, we forever will be known and laughed at as the team that finished with the Highest runner up tally to ever grace the Premier League.

Makes me feel f**king sick.

Come on Vardy and Brendan, help us the f**k out.

I actually got up for it at 5am to watch the sh*t show live ..somber is an understatement.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,978 posts | 237 
      Reply #237: Apr 26, 2019 08:24:28 am

Woke up, checked phone for overnight results and said the words "F***ing Cu*ts".

AR, anybody laughing at this team that is going toe to to with City is the one to be laughed at. Last season, the supposed challengers finished some 20 pts behind the winners. In fact, we are the ones who are keeping the Premier league alive.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #238: Apr 26, 2019 08:36:39 am
      I know a lot of us were thinking the United game would be in the one City would slip up in but the mood shift on here has been staggering.

Out of the 16 points City have dropped this year, 11 of them have come to teams outside the top 6.

It might be unlikely but it's not done yet. The season analysis can wait.
      Regarding your last paragraph mate which I’m totally in agreement with btw,we have 3 Massive league games to get won and a European cup semi to contend with,the least we can do is take city all the way and it may very well go down to the last game of the season & like you  will leave the post mortem until the season is over.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #239: Apr 26, 2019 09:04:30 am

F***ing devastated mate - why can’t we F***ing win something!
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #240: Apr 26, 2019 09:05:29 am
      I have been a very pessimistic lads on this forum. But for once, now, I think I'll have to enjoy our next three fixtures.
      We will finish with 97 points then!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #241: Apr 26, 2019 09:07:10 am
      people saying Burnley are safe, yes almost, but 1 more point makes it 100% safe. So they will still be up for it. Forza Burnley. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #242: Apr 26, 2019 09:10:55 am
      its not going to happen this season. But I and many of you will agree that We have the best manager in the world, Pep will f**k off in a couple of years and go to PSG, then we will win the League.

No regrets, City missed a pen at Anfield, we have been a little bit lucky late on in games.

we will have to settle for the 6th European Cup

Not over yet pal. Still some football to be played, even if we both win our next 2 games, it goes to a final day decider, pressure is a wonderful thing, anything can happen. City away to palace, lots of ex reds play for them, and on their day, they can be brilliant. Were at home to wolves, who like to attack, which will play into our hands at anfield.

All good, lets eat huddersfield tonight and see what happens.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #243: Apr 26, 2019 09:24:34 am
      Don’t worry lads this big guy has our backs.

skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #244: Apr 26, 2019 10:34:56 am
      Let's just do a professional job tonight and win 3+ nil, to keep the pressure on City.

Then hope Burnley clog the f### out of them and scrape a draw in a bitter, ill-tempered affair littered with injuries and sendings off.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #245: Apr 26, 2019 10:50:00 am
      Did City not pick a few Injuries the other night, and bookings ?

Must have a few walking wounded and players close to suspensions ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #246: Apr 26, 2019 11:16:49 am
      Did City not pick a few Injuries the other night, and bookings ?

Must have a few walking wounded and players close to suspensions ?

Fernandinho picked up an injury but then played so much better when he went off. Gundogan was struggling but I think it’s just a minor thing from a whack on the leg.

David Silva probably should have been given a ban for his flying kick into the ribs of a United player but he’s gotten away with it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #247: Apr 26, 2019 11:35:05 am
      Fernandinho picked up an injury but then played so much better when he went off. Gundogan was struggling but I think it’s just a minor thing from a whack on the leg.

David Silva probably should have been given a ban for his flying kick into the ribs of a United player but he’s gotten away with it.

Oh aye, forgot about that karate kick. ffs. expected FA to come back with something on that.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #248: Apr 26, 2019 11:41:42 am
      Got to hold up our end of the bargain and take them to the last day.

Hopefully it gets to 70mins at Burnley for them and still 0 0 and the nerves start kicking in for them.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #249: Apr 26, 2019 11:45:41 am
      Ffs I thought it was sat city play burnley as that storm hanna is to hit this evening but be at its worst Saturday afternoon storms of 70 mph and lashing rain. Wouldn't suited citys nice passing style or all there slight players suited Burnley but. Now find out its Sunday ffs and weather in Lancashire is dry and very light winds that day ;D.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #250: Apr 26, 2019 11:53:40 am
      I still believe we will win the league by 1 point..

Burnley,Leicester & Brighton...one will have a story to tell...👍🏼
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #251: Apr 26, 2019 11:58:10 am
      What about that wee f**ker sterling at his awards ceremony saying no wants wants to see lfc win the league and City are hoping to do the football World a favour. There the team that turned you into a proper player and gave you the opportunity to showcase your skill. I'm beginning to hate shitty more that united
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #252: Apr 26, 2019 02:22:33 pm
      They will draw at Burnley. You heard it here first.

OK, you probably didn't. But they will!

I think you are right, I can see the Burnley players winding them up and generally disrupting their game. I have noticed that in the last few games the City players seem irritated and overeager. As long as Burnley can resist the initial onslaught then I really think they can get a result, hopefully they can get the first goal and then just sit back and hit City on the break.

Quick Reply