Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Title run in -3 down, all games played:

Read 31838 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: The Title run in - 2 down 1 to go.
      Reply #621: May 07, 2019 01:27:33 am
      I've given up and I hate to say that but what chance do Brighton have when those cu*ts just don't lose and keep keeping clean sheets?

They've got Buckleys chance of getting anything from those Rich cu*ts!
      Kopite78
      Re: Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #622: May 07, 2019 07:29:29 am
      Ah well, that's that finished then.

We enjoyed our moments whilst they lasted. But ultimately we threw it away.  :mad:

We haven't 'thrown' anything away

Whoever wins this title has done just that.. won it..  No one has thrown it away in this situation

I'm absolutely gutted, gutted... it feels like a massive punch in the guts but I can't have for a second we get 94/97 points in a season and have 'thrown it away
      That's uttter utter utter bollocks
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #623: May 07, 2019 07:29:38 am
      Unfortunately looks like Lady Luck deserted us at the end.

Kompany has probably never scored a goal like that in his life and never will again.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #624: May 07, 2019 07:51:10 am
      It's over now. Personally I think the January training in Dubai was a big mistake. Points dropped immediately after that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #625: May 07, 2019 07:59:10 am
      It's over now. Personally I think the January training in Dubai was a big mistake. Points dropped immediately after that.

Yes 97 points is a disappointing return isn't it!!
      We have massively over achieved this season, got more points than we probably deserved and yet we lose.
      We can only hope and pray for this City team to weaken next season(s) because at the moment they are like PSG, utterly dominant.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #626: May 07, 2019 08:00:47 am

Ribs man....you got to stop clutching at straws there are a bucket loads of reasons you could point to.

I agree its over as well but the main reason is City haven't budged and dropped points.

We have pushed them all the way and I am incredibly proud of the team and players and supporters.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #627: May 07, 2019 08:04:27 am
      Ribs man....you got to stop clutching at straws there are a bucket loads of reasons you could point to.

I agree its over as well but the main reason is City haven't budged and dropped points.

We have pushed them all the way and I am incredibly proud of the team and players and supporters.

I'm also proud but at the same time incredibly depressed as I can't see how any team can beat City to the league unless they themselves take the foot off the pedal or Pep leaves.
      They are as a team/squad so much better than anyone else and will just get stronger in the summer with infinite budget.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #628: May 07, 2019 08:18:54 am
      I'm also proud but at the same time incredibly depressed as I can't see how any team can beat City to the league unless they themselves take the foot off the pedal or Pep leaves.
      They are as a team/squad so much better than anyone else and will just get stronger in the summer with infinite budget.

Gutted aint the word mate, Im with you on that.

I read your post (think it was you) on one of the other threads about how you see it and the focus on the cups next year to get some silver in the lockers and I think you may see it albeit as a matter of consequence if we are not competing mid way.

I am keeping a tiny glimmer alive for the Brighton game but if City are 1 up in the first 10 then its done.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #629: May 07, 2019 08:29:31 am
      Is there no limit to the amount you can spend. Not a level playing field. For a couple of months it was all over the media about man city breaking financial fair play rules. Well a fine wouldn't worry them too much so I was thinking they must be docked points then nothing since.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #630: May 07, 2019 08:35:28 am
      Is there no limit to the amount you can spend. Not a level playing field. For a couple of months it was all over the media about man city breaking financial fair play rules. Well a fine wouldn't worry them too much so I was thinking they must be docked points then nothing since.

UEFA sanctions are very clear:

If City have the league sown up and win by a margin of 12 points then deduct them 10 points.
      If City win the league by 1 point then fine them a whopping £400,000.

Simples.... ;)
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #631: May 07, 2019 08:47:58 am
      There guna have to be a day when FA and uefa say right you have x amount to spend each year. Look at barca and Madrid they just cream of the best players every summer spend sh*t loads hundreds of millions and carry on till following summer and City are doing and will do the same if they can get away with it. Slap on wrists is no good. Only thing will stop those big clubs if there docked points. No amount of a fine is guna worry them.
      Kopite78
      Reply #632: May 07, 2019 08:52:09 am

Teams do that all the time... all the time

Stop degrading this season..  makes you look odd

Neither side have 'lost'' this league..

We can all be gutted if it turns out we lose this but the blame game on this season's achievements and points return is weird
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #633: May 07, 2019 09:31:45 am
      I know there is one to go , but never in my wildest did I think we’d average over 2.5points a game and end up with nothing , am proud as Fck of the team but at the same time so fckin deflated , going to be a long summer for sure .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #634: May 07, 2019 09:36:12 am
      I know there is one to go , but never in my wildest did I think we’d average over 2.5points a game and end up with nothing , am proud as Fck of the team but at the same time so fckin deflated , going to be a long summer for sure .

Those are the words of a TRUE RED andy,we should all be proud of Jürgen and the lads.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #635: May 07, 2019 09:40:57 am

Yeah 97 points and such a big disappointment. How dare THEY come In second. We expect first or nothing. Obviously none of the lads are good enough for my expectations.

I’m gonna disown this team. If it were my own kid, I’d skin the little fella alive for failing to take first spot in class. I’m gonna kill that little b***ard. And I’ll keep reminding him of his failures for as long I’m around. Gonna get a bunch of verbal abuse from me until first place is regained.

Hahaha!
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #636: May 07, 2019 09:41:25 am
      Brilliant season trying to compete with billionaires who spend as much as they like. January and February again have been bogey months. That's a few seasons now. Anyway two games to go we see how it goes. Citys wins 3 1-0 wins in a row is a bit deflating. So near. Heartbreaking again but proud of the team. Surely klopp luck has to change soon I hope.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #637: May 07, 2019 09:44:45 am
      Brighton will tw*t them, easy...
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Re: Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #638: May 07, 2019 09:57:41 am
      I feel like packing football in. I'm serious. I can't take this.

How can you finish on at least 94 to 97 points and get NOTHING!!? Hurts.

And to think it came down to that 2-1 loss at the Etihad!

I'm feeling the same mate but even the morning after when the emotion has simmered a bit the real worrying thing is this could become the norm with City you only see them getting stronger, it's unfair and unrealistic to expect this points tally from us again next season. In 13/14 when we went close if was gutting to see us the year after falling away if just magnifies the hurt.
      We've done brilliantly this year and we don't have a devine right to win anything but it's not a level playing field and I'm questioning after 33 years of being a fan whether to carry on investing my time, emotions and mental bloody state sometimes. Believe me, it tears my heart out even thinking about it but City are killing football and the PL are allowing it.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #639: May 07, 2019 09:58:27 am

That's the way to go,3 cheers for Brighton.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #640: May 07, 2019 10:05:46 am

That's the spirit  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #641: May 07, 2019 10:16:28 am
      We haven't 'thrown' anything away

Whoever wins this title has done just that.. won it..  No one has thrown it away in this situation

I'm in Tottal agreement with you mate but you'll still get some saying we lost it here, or if Klopp had done that etc etc. As a neutral I can honestly say it's been the best/ most exciting season I've ever known. I applaud both sides in their fight for the coverted trophy.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #642: May 07, 2019 10:20:59 am
      At the start of the season, I said Man City last year fundamentally changed how you go about a league campaign.

Up until then, you are basically looking at 2.25 pts per game - ie 9 points every 4 games

I said that now you have to find a way to win 30 league games - so in excess of 93 points given you are probably going to draw a few

Assuming we win Sunday - we will have won 30, drawn 7 - and in all likelihood the third best points total in history

The problem we face is a City side that have the first and second (possibly) best totals in history, in back to back campaigns.

So next year, its not a case of winning 30 games - its actually winning 32 games (which City possibly have done twice now)

That is statistically ridiculous (84% win rate of all league games - when most teams probably get 70ish)

Not giving up hope yet - but these are two freakishly amazing teams the likes of which we may never see again
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #643: May 07, 2019 10:26:02 am
      We need to win the games v city there six pointers

Quick Reply