Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Title run in -3 down, all games played:

Read 31833 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: The Title run in - 2 down 1 to go.
      Reply #644: May 07, 2019 10:28:01 am
      I hope man city will turn out to be the lance armstrong of the premier league.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #645: May 07, 2019 10:40:01 am
      The amount of vile coming from bitters fans on social media today is incredible and on radio. Seems no one wants us to win anything. Even that baldy c**t guardiola saying media and refs would prefer lpool win fkn mind games the c**t. So everyone wants us to lose they prefer a club dripping with oil wealth who have spent billions like barca and Madrid to buy the best players devolop no young players flout financial fair play and still want them to win. f***in joke. Wankers lot of them.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #646: May 07, 2019 10:50:15 am
      I ain’t heard no fat lady sing yet...Surely there is a twist waiting for City at Brighton, be made up if the Seagulls & Hughton hold out for a draw..& we beat wolves..👊🏼
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #647: May 07, 2019 10:54:16 am
      We deserved this league  but these draws against Leicester and West Ham were ridiculous. We should have won these games, but we failed to seize this opportunity. I still think that it's a weakness of Klopp, he never seems to prepare the team for the really big big occasions. We lost 3 finals and so many must-win games. Yes wwe won many games in which we were underdog but I don't remember us being properly prepared for a big big match. Remember the cup final against Man City, the Europa League final against Sevilla, the must win games vs Man Utd, Man City. I love our team and Klopp has done a wonderful job but he has to improve there. I'm asking much, for sure. This is one of the best teams ever, but we're competing against another wonderful team, with an unfair advantage.  We need to improve and get better although we're one of the best clubs in the world again.

Luckily we can still improve the team for next  season by replacing Sturridge, Milner, Moreno and Lallana.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #648: May 07, 2019 10:56:11 am
      We have taken this city team to the last day. Amazing considering the points were talking about.

Its still on, but unlikely.

Pressure is massive, they need to win, a draw is not enough, you just never know.

So long as we beat wolves, weve done all we can do.

I honestly thought last night was the night they were dropping points, but fuk me what a goal from Kompany.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #649: May 07, 2019 10:56:41 am
      I ain’t heard no fat lady sing yet...Surely there is a twist waiting for City at Brighton, be made up if the Seagulls & Hughton hold out for a draw..& we beat wolves..👊🏼

We will beat Wolves and hope that Brighton frustrate the hell out of City.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #650: May 07, 2019 11:09:36 am
      The amount of vile coming from bitters fans on social media today is incredible and on radio. Seems no one wants us to win anything. Even that baldy c**t guardiola saying media and refs would prefer lpool win fkn mind games the c**t. So everyone wants us to lose they prefer a club dripping with oil wealth who have spent billions like barca and Madrid to buy the best players devolop no young players flout financial fair play and still want them to win. F**kin joke. Wankers lot of them.

I have really been taken a back by the level of ant-Liverpool sentiment amongst the other fan bases. It almost seems to on a par with the anti united sentiment that was out there when they were winning the league every year. I’m just biting my tongue. If and when we ever win a title I will become as unbearable as I keep hearing LFC fans would be should they win the title.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #651: May 07, 2019 11:48:52 am
      A draw last night which seemed so likely for so long till kompany hits a shot that even he admits he never would score in a hundred has prob cost us this league. If city drew wolves were guaranteed European football and could not better 7th place either. So nothing to play for them on final day. I just don't no what we have to do to win a fkn Premier league. Then that open goal miss at the end. I woke up this morning and thought no its just been a bad dream.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #652: May 07, 2019 11:52:14 am
      I have really been taken a back by the level of ant-Liverpool sentiment amongst the other fan bases. It almost seems to on a par with the anti united sentiment that was out there when they were winning the league every year. I’m just biting my tongue. If and when we ever win a title I will become as unbearable as I keep hearing LFC fans would be should they win the title.

I think its jealousy and fear, OK we've not a great haul of trophies over the last 15 years or so but look at Anfield on big European nights no other English clubs generate nights like those coupled with our global support, most of us from the City or like myself within Merseyside won't be that bothered about it but not many other clubs can fill stadiums in Australia, America and Far East.
      The fear more importantly comes from the way we've kept pace with multi million pound squad in City.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #653: May 07, 2019 11:53:45 am
      If Brighton just sit back and don't attack city will eventually break them down with one jammy goal probably 5mm over the line. They do just enough. With Bernardo Silva who think been there best player agueeerooo sterling sane they have so much attacking talent if you sit back and invite them on there hard keep out near impossible for 95 minutes say. Brighton need have a go rough them up play act do what the big boys do. Crowd right behind them. I can just see them city wankers scrape another 1-0.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #654: May 07, 2019 11:55:37 am
      I think its jealousy and fear, OK we've not a great haul of trophies over the last 15 years or so but look at Anfield on big European nights no other English clubs generate nights like those coupled with our global support, most of us from the City or like myself within Merseyside won't be that bothered about it but not many other clubs can fill stadiums in Australia, America and Far East.
      The fear more importantly comes from the way we've kept pace with multi million pound squad in City.
      Multi billion pound squad
      redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #655: May 07, 2019 11:59:44 am
      Liverpool 0 Man City 0  & Man City 2 Liverpool 1,  these 2 results have most likely cost us the League title. Few teams are able to take all 3 points from our main rival and the onus is on us to do so and we failed in these 2 very vital games. If we have broken even on points in the two games, we would have been ahead of them by 2 points now. I felt at the time that our loss away to Man City that day will come back to haunt us at the end of the season. Ouch! the opportunity missed to be the Invincible for a whole season and winning the Premier League to boot ............ and the revenge for 2013/14 season.
      « Last Edit: May 07, 2019 12:12:28 pm by redpool »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #656: May 07, 2019 12:23:42 pm
      Yes 97 points is a disappointing return isn't it!!
      We have massively over achieved this season, got more points than we probably deserved and yet we lose.
      We can only hope and pray for this City team to weaken next season(s) because at the moment they are like PSG, utterly dominant.
      Points don't go down in record books, unless counting the record holder for highest points runner up. Reviewing the season, awful in domestic cups, good in CL. Excellent in the league... but no trophies again. That's the harsh reality of it, barring a miracle. You said we have overachieved, how is that when we didn't win a trophy?

I'd rather be forth in the league and win FA cup than 2nd with nothing.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #657: May 07, 2019 12:26:55 pm

Blackburn 94-95.

We beat ‘em 2-1 last day and Manure drew 1-1 with West Ham at the Boleyn Ground.

Keane, Sharpe, Ince, Cole, McClair, Scholes etc.......

They’d have won the title for 3rd year in a row with a win.

It happens.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #658: May 07, 2019 12:29:37 pm

Much more likely that wolves take points off us
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #659: May 07, 2019 12:31:14 pm
      Points don't go down in record books, unless counting the record holder for highest points runner up. Reviewing the season, awful in domestic cups, good in CL. Excellent in the league... but no trophies again. That's the harsh reality of it, barring a miracle. You said we have overachieved, how is that when we didn't win a trophy?

we over achieved because we have overturned a 25 point deficit from last season.

This is just the start for this team.

Its all good.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #660: May 07, 2019 12:38:46 pm
      we over achieved because we have overturned a 25 point deficit from last season.

Its all good.

But we’ve seen how hard this has been. Let’s face it, we’ve had a lot of good fortune. And a pretty decent run with injuries. It’s clearly not the end, this is a brilliant team. But we’ve no idea where this will go. Gotta think in the dressing room they’re throwing there hands up and saying wtf are we sposd to do if THIS isn’t enough.  198 points in 2 seasons city are heading for. That is absolutely unbelievable. I thought there’d be a drop off from last season, but the fact they’ve kept going is a joke.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #661: May 07, 2019 12:53:23 pm

Not for me. I will take this season with no trophies every day of the week and twice on Sunday against 4th with a FA cup.

The enjoyment this team has given me through out the year ranks very high against a season where we stay 25 points below the leader, scrap for 4th in a 4 horse race and wondering if we will be 4th come end of season, go to cities we have never heard of on thursdays to play.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #662: May 07, 2019 01:11:31 pm

Its all good.
      A lot of those points are due to Allison. Having a goalkeeper instead of a wet paper towel is a massive difference.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #663: May 07, 2019 01:25:01 pm
      Whatever the outcome the lads have been incredible with their performances and never say die attitude.  It is the draws that have let us down.

Here's hoping though   :champ:

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #664: May 07, 2019 02:15:02 pm

I agree with this, where does this hatred of us come from, were we complete tw*ts when we dominated in the 80's or something?

How someone can favour a filthy oil rich plastic club over us is quite bizarre, especially when we haven't won for so long and have been the underdogs this season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #665: May 07, 2019 02:18:14 pm
      Liverpool 0 Man City 0  & Man City 2 Liverpool 1,  these 2 results have most likely cost us the League title. Few teams are able to take all 3 points from our main rival and the onus is on us to do so and we failed in these 2 very vital games. If we have broken even on points in the two games, we would have been ahead of them by 2 points now. I felt at the time that our loss away to Man City that day will come back to haunt us at the end of the season. Ouch! the opportunity missed to be the Invincible for a whole season and winning the Premier League to boot ............ and the revenge for 2013/14 season.

and what makes that worse is that we were millimetres form getting the first goal at the Emptihad and that c**t Kompany should have been sent off for fouling Mo. On the other hand they should have won at Anfield, that was a poor game from us.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #666: May 07, 2019 02:21:50 pm
      But we’ve seen how hard this has been. Let’s face it, we’ve had a lot of good fortune. And a pretty decent run with injuries. It’s clearly not the end, this is a brilliant team. But we’ve no idea where this will go. Gotta think in the dressing room they’re throwing there hands up and saying wtf are we sposd to do if THIS isn’t enough.  198 points in 2 seasons city are heading for. That is absolutely unbelievable. I thought there’d be a drop off from last season, but the fact they’ve kept going is a joke.

Nope, no more than any other team.

What we have is a team that is relentless, and keeps teams under pressure, never stopping until the final whistle.
      What you call "luck" I call the result of that relentless pressure.

Quick Reply