Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Title run in -3 down, all games played:

Read 31822 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: The Title run in - 2 down 1 to go.
      Reply #667: May 07, 2019 02:22:27 pm
      Points don't go down in record books, unless counting the record holder for highest points runner up. Reviewing the season, awful in domestic cups, good in CL. Excellent in the league... but no trophies again. That's the harsh reality of it, barring a miracle. You said we have overachieved, how is that when we didn't win a trophy?

I'd rather be forth in the league and win FA cup than 2nd with nothing.

We have overachieved in terms of getting to another CL semi final, by getting 97 points, think about that Rib that means we have only dropped 17 points all season, that is stunning form and would have won us any of the other leagues in Europe, it would also have won us the Prem in all other seasons except in the last one.
      We have nothing to be critical about, we will not get 97 points next season, we just have to pray that Citeh get even less than us and have some kind of dip in form otherwise they will win for as long as they want to and football will die because what will be the point when you can't hope to win.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #668: May 07, 2019 02:24:04 pm
      A lot of those points are due to Allison. Having a goalkeeper instead of a wet paper towel is a massive difference.

and??
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #669: May 07, 2019 02:32:17 pm
      We have overachieved in terms of getting to another CL semi final, by getting 97 points, think about that Rib that means we have only dropped 17 points all season, that is stunning form and would have won us any of the other leagues in Europe, it would also have won us the Prem in all other seasons except in the last one.
      We have nothing to be critical about, we will not get 97 points next season, we just have to pray that Citeh get even less than us and have some kind of dip in form otherwise they will win for as long as they want to and football will die because what will be the point when you can't hope to win.

So how many points will we get next season?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #670: May 07, 2019 02:32:40 pm
      Quote from heimdall

No reason why we won't get another 90+ points again next season, the current squad is capable of it and has done so, and will strengthen further during the summer. Whether 90+ will be enough then, is another matter.

As long as Pep is in charge over there, 90+ points will be the new standard for us and everyone else to match.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #671: May 07, 2019 02:59:05 pm
      Nope, no more than any other team.

What we have is a team that is relentless, and keeps teams under pressure, never stopping until the final whistle.
      What you call "luck" I call the result of that relentless pressure.

I call luck things like massive offsides at West Ham.
      Admittedly Man City this season literally had a goal where the referee overruled the linesman on an offside which I’ve never seen before.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #672: May 07, 2019 03:02:04 pm
      So how many points will we get next season?

Who cares as long as its more than second place 🤔😁
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #673: May 07, 2019 03:12:31 pm
      I have really been taken a back by the level of ant-Liverpool sentiment amongst the other fan bases. It almost seems to on a par with the anti united sentiment that was out there when they were winning the league every year. I’m just biting my tongue. If and when we ever win a title I will become as unbearable as I keep hearing LFC fans would be should they win the title.

I agree with this, where does this hatred of us come from, were we complete tw*ts when we dominated in the 80's or something?

Yeah I think it was the 70/80s. Success breeds jealously, that's just the way life is unfortunatly. No different from United doing it in 90s & 00s
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #674: May 07, 2019 03:18:44 pm
      Blackburn 94-95.

We beat ‘em 2-1 last day and Manure drew 1-1 with West Ham at the Boleyn Ground.

Keane, Sharpe, Ince, Cole, McClair, Scholes etc.......

They’d have won the title for 3rd year in a row with a win.

It happens.
      Trouble is Blackburn with shearer and Sutton sherwood  etc well a lot better team than Brighton. West ham had sum really good players too. Brighton wouldn't be in that league. I think city will dominate the match Brighton will lie back invite pressure and City win 1 or 2-0. That's my prediction. Hope I am wrong and when I come in turn on my phone to BBC sport the big headline will be
      LIVERPOOL TAKE A FIRST PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE. PLEASE SOMEONE UP THERE MAKE IT HAPPEN.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #675: May 07, 2019 03:25:33 pm
      Yeah I think it was the 70/80s. Success breeds jealously, that's just the way life is unfortunatly. No different from United doing it in 90s & 00s

Hope they’ll all be happy when city win 5 in a row and the league turns into serie A / Ligue 1 and it’s fu**ed
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #676: May 07, 2019 03:27:53 pm
      A lot of those points are due to Allison. Having a goalkeeper instead of a wet paper towel is a massive difference.

YES, and the VVD & Robbo and trent & Gomez, & Hendo & FAB etc. etc.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #677: May 07, 2019 03:30:06 pm
      But we’ve seen how hard this has been. Let’s face it, we’ve had a lot of good fortune. And a pretty decent run with injuries. It’s clearly not the end, this is a brilliant team. But we’ve no idea where this will go. Gotta think in the dressing room they’re throwing there hands up and saying wtf are we sposd to do if THIS isn’t enough.  198 points in 2 seasons city are heading for. That is absolutely unbelievable. I thought there’d be a drop off from last season, but the fact they’ve kept going is a joke.

I think the team will be hungrier next season.

And I think City has a few players coming to end of their careers. It will certainly be interesting next season.

We have been lucky in some respects with Injury's, but not in others, Gomez was a massive loss, Lovren has been in and out, No Ox for the whole season etc.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #678: May 07, 2019 03:31:37 pm
      No reason why we won't get another 90+ points again next season, the current squad is capable of it and has done so, and will strengthen further during the summer. Whether 90+ will be enough then, is another matter.

As long as Pep is in charge over there, 90+ points will be the new standard for us and everyone else to match.

Its doable, esp. if we keep smashing the teams in the bottom half of the league, win v the bottom 10 teams twice, thats 60 points right there.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #679: May 07, 2019 03:33:58 pm

We haven’t really had the success though Keith. The younger fans haven’t really seen or known a dominant LFC side, I was still in school last time the title came to Merseyside and I’m 44 now! I can’t quite put my finger on the hate, I live just outside Southampton so obviously the local lads down here cant stand the Reds for obvious reasons but outside of the red half of Manc, the blue half of Liverpool and perhaps Chelsea (a fairly lively rivalry based in the Rafa v Mourinho period) I can’t quite understand the level of hate/resentment. I understand City are scrawling dude to watch but they’ve been built on millions and millions of investment in a relatively short period but just about every non-LFC fan I know would rather they win it than us.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #680: May 07, 2019 03:36:13 pm
      Guardiola using mind games said if city slipped once lpool would be home for the title. I think if leicester had held out last night and they so nearly did I think you would not have seen them put much effort in against Brighton as they be thinking lpool will beat wolves anyway as they can't do better than 7th. When we look at it city have had sum luck too. Spurs should beat them didn't even get a draw, a goal at Burnley by a couple of mill was all stopped Burnley and a kompany worldie which he admits was a shot out a the blue. Sometimes luck decides matches and surely city have used up there quota
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #681: May 07, 2019 03:39:12 pm
      Its doable, esp. if we keep smashing the teams in the bottom half of the league, win v the bottom 10 teams twice, thats 60 points right there.
      What we need to make sure is when we play city twice we get at least a win Ana a draw. Six pointers now everytime we play them.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #682: May 07, 2019 03:47:24 pm
      I think the team will be hungrier next season.

And I think City has a few players coming to end of their careers. It will certainly be interesting next season.

We have been lucky in some respects with Injury's, but not in others, Gomez was a massive loss, Lovren has been in and out, No Ox for the whole season etc.

I’ll take Gomez and ox, but I’d rather never see Lovren play for us again.
      City have barely had their best player all season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #683: May 07, 2019 04:21:25 pm
      What we need to make sure is when we play city twice we get at least a win Ana a draw. Six pointers now everytime we play them.

The Margins for error are so small now, every game is important.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #684: May 07, 2019 04:23:02 pm
      I’ll take Gomez and ox, but I’d rather never see Lovren play for us again.
      City have barely had their best player all season.

Lovren was pretty solid when he was given a good run next to VVD, same as Matip.

Its just the options aint it, Klopp has had his defensive options limited at times, Cant wait to see a better backup for Robbo than moreno. Even if its a young u23 lad.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #685: May 07, 2019 05:03:44 pm
      I have really been taken a back by the level of ant-Liverpool sentiment amongst the other fan bases. It almost seems to on a par with the anti united sentiment that was out there when they were winning the league every year. I’m just biting my tongue. If and when we ever win a title I will become as unbearable as I keep hearing LFC fans would be should they win the title.

The annoymous safety of the internet mate.Seen sh*te like bin dippers,hubcap steelers, always the victims even using munichs for united.This from people in New England.Think they're cool trying to blend in.Just a laugh right? It;s why the far right has such a huge place on social media. spout huge amounts of sh*te and  laugh it off.Lessons learned from tabloid media headlines but to a worldwide audience now.I was just trying to find out what the crowds are like for certain teams in Boston and get this stuff.cu*ts everywhere.
      Kopite78
      Reply #686: May 07, 2019 05:14:53 pm
      Trouble is Blackburn with shearer and Sutton sherwood  etc well a lot better team than Brighton. West ham had sum really good players too. Brighton wouldn't be in that league. I think city will dominate the match Brighton will lie back invite pressure and City win 1 or 2-0. That's my prediction. Hope I am wrong and when I come in turn on my phone to BBC sport the big headline will be
      LIVERPOOL TAKE A FIRST PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE. PLEASE SOMEONE UP THERE MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Up where? The BBC?
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #687: May 07, 2019 05:27:26 pm
      ;D  we need divine intervention. I want to see Brighton have a go there safe. If you sit back your just inviting pressure and eventually the dam caves in. Why do teams keep sitting back even fkn leicester. Stop showing the cu*ts respect Brighton have no excuse. I want to see Brighton go ahead and see if city can respond. Can't stand teams not having a go. Vardy was given no service last night. Almost like Rodgers didn't want to do us a favour. Then why bring a x city player on and take maddison there best player off. Done us no favours
      Kopite78
      Reply #688: May 07, 2019 05:39:48 pm
      ;D  we need divine intervention. I want to see Brighton have a go there safe. If you sit back your just inviting pressure and eventually the dam caves in. Why do teams keep sitting back even fkn leicester. Stop showing the cu*ts respect Brighton have no excuse. I want to see Brighton go ahead and see if city can respond. Can't stand teams not having a go. Vardy was given no service last night. Almost like Rodgers didn't want to do us a favour. Then why bring a x city player on and take maddison there best player off. Done us no favours

Devine intervention?

Not sure what you mean

Maybe Rodgers didn't
      . May Be he's been reading on here all the names Liverpool fans call him
      . Brenda etc
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #689: May 07, 2019 05:55:57 pm
      I don't agree we overachieved. I think that we have a squad capable of winning trophies. We've upgraded every area on the pitch. We got the points in the league because we have the best goalkeeper, defender and possibly striker in the league. We have a squad full of captains. The points are because we earned them, in my opinion we could have won something this season and we didn't, so this is underachieving in my opinion. I respect your opinion is different, but I guess that's what makes a good forum.

Quick Reply