Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Huddersfield?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      32 (28.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1.8%)
      Naby Keïta
      38 (33.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      19 (17%)
      Mohammed Salah
      18 (16.1%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      2 (1.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: Apr 30, 2019 09:51:51 pm

Liverpool 5-0 Huddersfield Town: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 47461 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 5-0 Huddersfield Town: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Apr 27, 2019 09:39:42 am
      Thought Shaqiri and Ox played well and both looked sharp. Shaqiri has barely played for the last 2 months or so but he didn’t look like it.

Thought Sturridge stuck out like a sore thumb though, wasn’t impressed with him at all and I thought we looked so much better and showed better understanding within the attack after he went off. Doesn’t look good for him when a Ox has been out for a year and showed him up IMO. Other than that, it’s hard to fault anyone.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #323: Apr 27, 2019 09:42:50 am
      Thought Shaqiri and Ox played well and both looked sharp. Shaqiri has barely played for the last 2 months or so but he didn’t look like it.

Thought Sturridge stuck out like a sore thumb though, wasn’t impressed with him at all and I thought we looked so much better and showed better understanding within the attack after he went off. Doesn’t look good for him when a Ox has been out for a year and showed him up IMO. Other than that, it’s hard to fault anyone.

Yep agree with all that.

Even against a woeful Huddersfield Studge looked shot to pieces.

He’s like a boxer who just can’t pull the trigger anymore and stays in the pocket getting beaten up because he hasn’t got the wheels to move round the ring........hanging tough hoping for one lucky punch (Chelsea).

Very sad to see.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #324: Apr 27, 2019 10:05:03 am
      Yep agree with all that.

He’s like a boxer who just can’t pull the trigger anymore and stays in the pocket getting beaten up because he hasn’t got the wheels to move round the ring........hanging tough hoping for one lucky punch (Chelsea).

Very sad to see.

Been like that all season in truth.Little point in him going down the leagues if his legs won't co operate. Might get another year or two over the pond.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #325: Apr 27, 2019 10:49:42 am

It was a pleasure to see how delighted Jürgen was with the Ox. You are correct about Sturridge,I am afraid his best days are well and truly gone.The sad thing is he doesn't appear to want to put some effort into his game.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #326: Apr 27, 2019 11:34:33 am
      Yep agree with all that.

Very sad to see.

Let's hope to win the league then... So that his lucky punch counts for everything.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #327: Apr 27, 2019 12:06:55 pm
      Let's hope to win the league then... So that his lucky punch counts for everything.

Amen brother!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #328: Apr 27, 2019 12:19:27 pm
      A bit sloppy at first, then got into our stride.

I wouldn't say it was easy, but we still looked like we could go up a couple of gears if we needed to.

Bring on Barca.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #329: Apr 27, 2019 12:23:23 pm
      A sterling performance from Naby Keita.

Absolute star of the show, anchor in the middle of the park; deserved man of the match, for me.

But don't let that take away the shine from the likes of Sadio, Mo, Robbo & Trent who were firing on all cylinders.  Make me happy these reds, you know...
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #330: Apr 27, 2019 01:26:59 pm
      Quite an exhibition. My only disappointment was LFC didn't eliminate the entire goal differential with MNC.
      My disconnected thoughts:
      Love the relegation concept
      Hate the product that often results when teams with no financial resources earn their way in and become 1 year punching bags.
      If I'm building the LFC frontline from scratch, I'm taking Mane over Salah 10 out of 10 times. His athleticism is off the charts.....back liners can't match his speed / banging headers in daily despite being only 5'9".
      The LFC money machine is strengthening by the minute: Even finishing #2 in the PL will benefit LFC in so many ways: Market pool, coefficient ranking, group stage seeding. What a financial sweet spot this team is in and it could get even better with one or two trophies this year.
      Great to see Ox in the middle. His ambition driving through the middle of the ranks has not diminished.
      This team is stacked with the financial might to continue improving.
      LFC is back baby....a legitimate world power once again.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #331: Apr 27, 2019 01:27:34 pm
      Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the last we see of Sturridge in a Liverpool shirt, I can’t see Klopp being happy with that performance. Like the majority of chances he’s had since the Chelsea game where he scored, he failed to make a good impression.
      Good signs from him in pre-season but think it was a bit of a false hope, he’s clearly not at this level anymore, caused Huddersfield no problems and was hampering our attack a lot of the time. Pulled more faces of disgust at his team mates for not giving him the ball than he caused them problems.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #332: Apr 27, 2019 01:30:56 pm
      If I'm building the LFC frontline from scratch, I'm taking Mane over Salah 10 out of 10 times. His athleticism is off the charts.....back liners can't match his speed / banging headers in daily despite being only 5'9".

What a strange thing to say about our highest producing player in terms of goals and assists. Not like he got 2 goals, an assist and put Ox through on goal or anything.

Why would you even need to think about building our attack from scratch?!

Another one of your well thought out posts...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #333: Apr 27, 2019 02:03:37 pm
      It was a pleasure to see how delighted Jürgen was with the Ox. You are correct about Sturridge,I am afraid his best days are well and truly gone.The sad thing is he doesn't appear to want to put some effort into his game.

Absolutely no passion or enthusiasm from Sturrridge Billy.
      He is neither playing for the team or his own prospects as potential transfer material, no Premier manager would seriously consider him a good signing.
      Lower divisions are beckoning.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #334: Apr 27, 2019 04:52:42 pm
      What a strange thing to say about our highest producing player in terms of goals and assists. Not like he got 2 goals, an assist and put Ox through on goal or anything.

Why would you even need to think about building our attack from scratch?!

Another one of your well thought out posts...
      No question Mo has been prolific against the bottom of the table this year.
      PS....are you always so delicate?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #335: Apr 27, 2019 06:07:55 pm

Plus Chelsea, Arsenal, Napoli, Red Star and Porto......but don’t let the facts get in the way of your weird narrative.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #336: Apr 27, 2019 08:38:48 pm

As well as plenty other teams.

PS....are you always so full of sh*t?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #337: Apr 27, 2019 10:52:47 pm
      Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the last we see of Sturridge in a Liverpool shirt, I can’t see Klopp being happy with that performance. Like the majority of chances he’s had since the Chelsea game where he scored, he failed to make a good impression.
      Good signs from him in pre-season but think it was a bit of a false hope, he’s clearly not at this level anymore, caused Huddersfield no problems and was hampering our attack a lot of the time. Pulled more faces of disgust at his team mates for not giving him the ball than he caused them problems.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This All f***in' Day
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #338: Apr 28, 2019 12:41:42 am
      Absolutely no passion or enthusiasm from Sturrridge Billy.
      He is neither playing for the team or his own prospects as potential transfer material, no Premier manager would seriously consider him a good signing.
      Lower divisions are beckoning.

Think you're right mate. Pretty sad for him though.

He still stuck that ball in the back of the net with aplomb though, but was called marginally offside.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #339: Apr 28, 2019 08:51:36 am
      Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the last we see of Sturridge in a Liverpool shirt

To be honest, he scored a good goal which was slightly offside. Wouldn’t be surprised if we sold him or release him this Summer.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #340: Apr 28, 2019 11:40:42 am
      To be honest, he scored a good goal which was slightly offside. Wouldn’t be surprised if we sold him or release him this Summer.

His contract expires in the summer, he will be off
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #341: Apr 28, 2019 12:56:21 pm
      I was in residence for this one, so long read ahead.

26 April is a special date in the Liverpool library. I was there in 1986 when Gillespie scored his hat trick against Birmingham. We handed Leeds the title in 1992 when Ian Rush opened his account at home to the mancs and Mark Walters finished them off. While in 2016, the jury at the Hillsborough Inquests delivered JFT 96. And this year, (excluding Christmas/Bank Holidays) it gave us our first Friday night league game at home since the last game in May 89 when the title was up for grabs.

It's up for grabs now as well, but there was no shocks or surprises in this one. It was a gift of a game at a time like this, and it took 15 seconds to win it, to return to the top of the league. More of which anon.

I arrived at the stadium about 5 hours before ko, for a stadium tour. I had never done it at Anfield before, so even though you think you've seen it all down the years, every time you discover something new. Last time it was sitting in the Kop, this time, it was coming out through the players tunnel, while the tour guide reminded the group of his own tales of the standing Kop, how 2 (male) toilets would have to cater for 30,000 fans, and those who couldn't hold it in long enough used to create what was known as the "Yellow Mersey" on a weekly basis. Though I don't think Health and Safety would take it very well nowadays.

As this was the first and last game I could attend this season, it was essential that we won. Winning the game justifies everything imo. The build up, the flight bookings, the long and painful searches for tickets, and all the other expenses and stresses that have to be experienced in order to attend 1 home game, let alone 19 per season.

As well as being the first home league game on a Friday in 30 years, it was my first ever night game, and credit to everyone there who gave us an atmosphere to remember. Within 15 seconds, the game was effectively over. It's our fastest ever goal in the EPL, and despite the odd sloppy moment at the back, we looked like we could step it up at any time and score as many as we wanted or as few as we needed. Mo and Mane are 1-2 for the Golden Boot, TAA and Robbo are still contesting the Assists category, while AOC launched his comeback. It was my first time to watch VVD live, and he was playing like a coach out there, constantly barking orders to anyone in earshot, launching attacks, cleaning up other's mistakes, and basically at the centre of everything. Hopefully tonight, he'll be collecting his first major trophy of the season and he richly deserves it.

It finished up 5, it should have been more, it could have been anything, and after 2 years unbeaten and 18 points collected from the last 6 home games, we've gone top of the league by a point after a game more played, just like we did that day in 86. Then as now, we won 5-0, we had 2 games and a League/Cup double was still on. The decades may go by, but at Anfield, some things never change.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #342: Apr 28, 2019 01:24:24 pm
      Think Shaqiri’s performance has gone a bit unnoticed. Not really played for the last couple of months for whatever reason and when he came on he put the cross in that led to Mane hitting the post, played the ball through for Robbo to put one on a plate for Salah and got the ball to Salah when Mo put Ox through in the box.

Some big contributions there and you wouldn’t think he’s been out of the team for so long. Certainly done himself no harm with that performance. Showed good attitude and effort when he got his chance again, Sturridge should take note.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #343: Apr 28, 2019 02:05:51 pm
      Think Shaqiri’s performance has gone a bit unnoticed. Not really played for the last couple of months for whatever reason

Definitely had a groin injury, that has definitely limited his appearances.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #344: Apr 28, 2019 02:10:18 pm
      Think you're right mate. Pretty sad for him though.

He still stuck that ball in the back of the net with aplomb though, but was called marginally offside.

Sad for us all mate, not too long ago we were all made up with Studge and his amazing skills and hunger, injury problems may have taken the edge off those qualities that were vital to LFC and the player.

Quick Reply