Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre-Match: Barcelona v Liverpool Champions League Semi-Final Wed 1st May 20:00KO

Read 15666 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Re: Barcelona v Liverpool Champions League Semi-Final Weds 1st May 20:00KO
      Reply #46: Apr 28, 2019 09:35:22 am
      I trust TAA 100% - this will be an awesome tie
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #47: Apr 28, 2019 10:02:26 am
      They don't come much bigger than this,  Barcelona FC at the Camp Nou, except if your playing Liverpool FC at Anfield, 

As far as European prestige goes we are right up there in terms of European Royalty,  Nine finals we have graced coming out five times as Champions, a pedigree only surpassed/matched by Real Madrid,  AC Milan, and Bayern Munich,
      Barcelona despite all their pomp & circumstance cannot match us and they know it,
      Ppl will regard the Catalan giants as favourites, we as the underdogs and that suits us just fine, they may have their superstars in Messi & Suarez and can destroy most of their domestic opposition but facing us is a totally different kettle of fish altogether,

They won't have come across a defensive unit like ours in La Liga nor in the CL either, so in essence its attack V defence the difference being our defence can and will cope, but the biggest question is, will theirs?
      And over both legs i believe they won't, if we can keep it tight going into the Anfield game we will win, simple as that, it could be anything,  1-1, 3-3, whatever,  a clean sheet though and you can put the Champagne on ice,.......

....for the Camp Nou leg....

Alisson
              Milner   Matip  VvD  Robertson
                                   Fabinho
                 Henderson            Wijnaldom
                     Salah     Firmino     Mane

Bench; Migs, Trent, Gomez, Keita, Origi, Shaqiri, Oxlade.

I've stuck Milner in for his experience, young Trent will be a target and seen as vulnerable, Gini can break up play and provide , Fab & Hendo speak for themselves,  as do the fun boy three up top,
      Massive game this and a very tough one for them, for us, just another test to see how good we actually are.

1-2 Mighty Redmen

YNWA

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #48: Apr 28, 2019 10:13:22 am
      These are the games players like Salah, VVD, Alisson and Mane joined us for. This is the pinnacle of a professional footballers career.

They are going to go out there and enjoy themselves because Liverpool are not scared of anyone - it’s in the DNA of this club. A proper international football club that thrives on the biggest stage.

Everyone around the world will tune in for this and they’re in for a treat.

Can’t f**king wait.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #49: Apr 28, 2019 10:48:27 am
      If we can get a good result at camp nou then we have a superb chance of winning the CL this time
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #50: Apr 28, 2019 11:27:02 am
      Got a feeling Gomez is going to come back in for this Klopp has been easing him back and against Barca his little bit of extra pace could be invaluable , keep it tight there and set the home leg up for a stormer .
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #51: Apr 28, 2019 11:37:35 am

Yup, that's me after seeing the title of this thread. Can't wait!

Let's make another unforgettable European night lads!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #52: Apr 28, 2019 11:51:47 am
      HUGE game. Can’t wait!! Really fancy us to score, but we are up against the greatest player who has ever lived and is on record as saying the CL is his goal this year.

Having players like Messi up against you is as good as it gets as a pro, can’t wait to to see how we get on.

I actually think we will score but lose, leaving us set up for another night at Anfield.
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #53: Apr 28, 2019 12:09:00 pm
      Why do I feel no fear to Barca?

Our last game to wolve is more worrying than this.

Barca still has no solution to fight high forward press team
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #54: Apr 28, 2019 12:29:34 pm
      Confident of a draw at least in this game. I'm going for a 1-1, but I wouldn't be surprised if we sneak a win.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #55: Apr 28, 2019 12:30:22 pm
      Barca could be silently struggling trying to figure out our midfield lineup. There are so many combos that klopp can use. I'm sure Kloppwould have studied closely Barca's weaknesses. In the manager i trust.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #56: Apr 28, 2019 01:08:36 pm
      It's gonna be one hell of a game! I can't see them playing defensive like Bayern or City (away to us), so I think it's gonna be more suited to us. Just need to watch out for Messi and Alba.

I also have a sneaky feeling they will go 442 instead of the 433 that they have been using throughout the season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #57: Apr 28, 2019 01:16:09 pm
      It's gonna be one hell of a game! I can't see them playing defensive like Bayern or City (away to us), so I think it's gonna be more suited to us. Just need to watch out for Messi and Alba.

I also have a sneaky feeling they will go 442 instead of the 433 that they have been using throughout the season.

Love it if Barca do change it up - trying anything they can to stop an amazingly creative team like Liverpool
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #58: Apr 28, 2019 01:33:37 pm
      Hoping it’s not a 3 of Hendo, Milner and Gini.
      Fab, Hendo and Keita for me with Ox coming in later in the game.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #59: Apr 28, 2019 01:55:45 pm
      Hoping it’s not a 3 of Hendo, Milner and Gini.
      Fab, Hendo and Keita for me with Ox coming in later in the game.

I am still undecided on who I want to see as the 6. Wijnaldum or Fabinho?

Wijnaldum is more the safer distributor,  fitter, mobile & quicker off the mark than Fab, where as Fab will take more risk with his passing, therefore the more positive distributor from deep, better tackler and reader of the game and a monster aerially.

Leaning more towards Wijnaldum atm tbh.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #60: Apr 28, 2019 02:06:33 pm
      Milner at RB against Dembele? Kidding right? Got a feeling that Joe might play there this week to counter Dembele's pace and Trent in the home game. Otherwise, the team pretty much picks itself.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #61: Apr 28, 2019 03:02:47 pm
      I would play like this:
      NB: Team no longer available

Did not know how to play this one, and the players to use and where to play them tbh, until I saw this...
      Totally agree Clint  :gt-happyup:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #62: Apr 28, 2019 03:04:11 pm
      Can we play Lallana ? or is he injured again?
      WHAT!!!  :sadlook:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #63: Apr 28, 2019 03:37:46 pm
      Got a feeling Gomez is going to come back in for this Klopp has been easing him back and against Barca his little bit of extra pace could be invaluable , keep it tight there and set the home leg up for a stormer .

I thought about this too, but I feel it’s too big a game for Gomez having only just got back, his lack of game time is the only factor why he doesn’t start in my opinion, he could though feature in the return leg, where we will be taking the game to them, especially if we take a lead back to Anfield.

YNWA
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,753 posts | 460 
      Reply #64: Apr 28, 2019 03:57:28 pm
      I do think that Barcelona will target TAA from the opening whistle, I think he will know this, and will be ready.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Pre-Match: Barcelona v Liverpool Champions League Semi-Final Wed 1st May 20:00KO
      Reply #65: Apr 28, 2019 05:28:54 pm

Reckon they will go 4-4-2 at Anfield
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Re: Pre-Match: Barcelona v Liverpool Champions League Semi-Final Wed 1st May 20:00KO
      Reply #66: Apr 28, 2019 05:58:14 pm
      If we're brave and take our chances to press them I fancy we can grab a goal or two. Like most of you I'm hoping we don't revert to the conservative midfield trio of Fab, Hendo and Gigi. Be brave and play Keita because there are goals there for us. They're not the quickest up top, Suarez has lost a step and Phil (if he plays) is not a threat in behind so i don;t think we need to sit ultra deep and defend the edge of the box. Just need to keep the best player in the world quiet mind!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #67: Apr 29, 2019 02:30:46 am
      One thing I feel certain of in regard to the options for our XI if Bobby is out....is that Gini will be in the starting XI.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #68: Apr 29, 2019 04:30:11 am
      I can't wait and it will be a nice release from the stress of the Premier League, well you know what I mean.  ;)

Saw this and just loved it:

Quick Reply