Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre-Match: Barcelona v Liverpool Champions League Semi-Final Wed 1st May 20:00KO

Read 15665 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Pre-Match: Barcelona v Liverpool Champions League Semi-Final Wed 1st May 20:00KO
      Reply #92: Apr 29, 2019 04:32:54 pm
      Its one of those games which is almost impossible to call, it totally depends on how well our defence copes with Suarez and Messi and how good they play. Overall over 2 legs I'm fairly confident we can win as we have the better team plus I'm a lot more happy playing them over 2 legs than in the final.

In the other semi final I'd much rather have Spurs than Ajax win because you just know that Spurs will choke whereas Ajax have that youthful ignorance/arrogance which is very dangerous. I also dislike the Dutch league clearing their schedule for Ajax, I think that's bullshit and a very unfair advantage to them, but Spurs only need one more point to secure top 4 I think to not a major issue.

Dont want spuds anywhere near the final, would love to see them humiliated by Ajax.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Pre-Match: Barcelona v Liverpool Champions League Semi-Final Wed 1st May 20:00KO
      Reply #93: Apr 29, 2019 04:50:57 pm
      Think it's 6 years since barcelona last lost at home in the CL. We definitely need to score and I certainly don't go along with some of the predictions on here. It will be exceptionally difficult and some people seem to be taking them a bit lightly
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #94: Apr 29, 2019 05:22:10 pm
      Think it's 6 years since barcelona last lost at home in the CL. We definitely need to score and I certainly don't go along with some of the predictions on here. It will be exceptionally difficult and some people seem to be taking them a bit lightly

It's quite strange this... I months back I felt that we (LFC) had more chance of winning the CL than the Title (Would have preferred the Perm' myself). We need and to boss the midfield, and a two goal advantage to take back to Anfield would be nice,
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #95: Apr 29, 2019 06:39:17 pm

Agree with this.

They've got the title wrapped up so they'll rotate at the weekend and the likes of Messi and Suarez have already had a fair bit of rest in recent weeks.

It will be a formidable test and I have them as slight favourites.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #96: Apr 29, 2019 06:41:22 pm

I'm not taking them lightly, I think they are a cracking team, but I also think we are and that we are a much better balanced team.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #97: Apr 29, 2019 07:00:22 pm
      We need to play our game without fear. We need to show balls and show the world we're back!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #98: Apr 29, 2019 07:09:55 pm

:confused-smiley-013: Aiming at the american market? color! weak assed mosaic. Like their Defence.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #99: Apr 29, 2019 07:23:46 pm

I agree some of the comments here are staggering to be honest especially as there league is sewn up whilst we have to go again in between both legs .
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #100: Apr 29, 2019 07:31:06 pm
      Two of the best keepers, left backs and centre backs in the world facing each other, sounds good doesn't it ?
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #101: Apr 29, 2019 09:11:31 pm
      I'd rather barca had a host of injuries like they had early in season. Our luck everyone I's fit for them. Need watch messi he get the ball out wide to alba or Roberto and raktic likes to burst into the box. Then just messi suarez dembele coutinho to keep quiet. Guna be very difficult but we need to be on our toes for 90mins.Hope firmino is back 100%.. Come on boys. Might be our only chance to win a trophy
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #102: Apr 29, 2019 10:39:19 pm
      Two of the best keepers, left backs and centre backs in the world facing each other, sounds good doesn't it ?

It's a shame both teams haven't got some of the best attacks in world football as well. ;)

Should be a belter.

There, I've jinxed it now, everyone put your money on a 0-0!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #103: Apr 30, 2019 06:02:44 am
      8 finals isn't it?  Lost in 85, 2007 and last year.

I stand corrected, you are right,  maybe I was getting ahead of myself 😉

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #104: Apr 30, 2019 09:34:55 am
      Dont think Bobby is starting or even on the bench. Probsb be back for newcastle.

Big loss, but hes no good carrying a muscle injury, rushing him back will make it worse.

could mean a formation change or just start Origi.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #105: Apr 30, 2019 10:34:37 am
      Really hope Bobby is fit for this. His press against a team that takes chances passing out at every opportunity from the back could be massive.

If he is not, I'd be tempted to play Mane through the middle with Salah and Keita either side. I don't trust Origi, Shaq or Sturridge for this.

Lets hit these fuckers on the break at every opportunity and get an away goal or two. Then Anfield to finish them off. Up the Reds!!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #106: Apr 30, 2019 11:16:41 am
      Really hope Bobby is fit for this. His press against a team that takes chances passing out at every opportunity from the back could be massive.

If he is not, I'd be tempted to play Mane through the middle with Salah and Keita either side. I don't trust Origi, Shaq or Sturridge for this.

Lets hit these fuckers on the break at every opportunity and get an away goal or two. Then Anfield to finish them off. Up the Reds!!!

TBF, you may be onto something there. Klopp may replace Bobby with a MF player.

Milner would probably be his goto guy, for solidity away from home.

4-1-3-2

- Trent - Matip - VVD - Robbo -

------------ Fab -----------------
      ----- Hendo - Milner - Gini -----
      -------- Salah - Mane ----------

Just my thoughts, Naby could start as a 10.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #107: Apr 30, 2019 12:59:20 pm
      Bobby trained this morning.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #108: Apr 30, 2019 01:06:29 pm

Si Senor  :clap:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #109: Apr 30, 2019 01:58:23 pm

Massive - he makes us tick
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #110: Apr 30, 2019 01:58:39 pm

That's good news
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #111: Apr 30, 2019 03:15:03 pm
      Squad

Liverpool squad for Barcelona: Fabinho, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Alisson, Henderson, Sturridge, Moreno, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mignolet, Shaqiri, Brewster, Robertson, Origi, Matip, Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #112: Apr 30, 2019 04:56:16 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #113: Apr 30, 2019 05:00:24 pm
      I don’t think Barca can stand up to our physicality. We need to impose our will on them and make everything hurt.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #114: Apr 30, 2019 06:59:43 pm
      Would be great if Bob starts.
      Can't wait.

Quick Reply