Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Barcelona v Liverpool Champions League Semi-Final Wed 1st May 20:00KO

Read 15468 times
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Re: Pre-Match: Barcelona v Liverpool Champions League Semi-Final Wed 1st May 20:00KO
      Reply #138: May 01, 2019 11:45:41 am
      Barcelona cant handle teams running at them. They are really bad when facing a team that is good on the break, and as for the keep “Messi quiet” plan , i think every team that lost against them in the past 10 years tried to 😂. We have to worry about our guys doing their job, and pray he has a bad game.
      Going with a 1-1 draw
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Pre-Match: Barcelona v Liverpool Champions League Semi-Final Wed 1st May 20:00KO
      Reply #139: May 01, 2019 11:54:13 am
      Klopp would probably agree with you but if Firmino was out I think Shaqiri would be a better replacement at keeping their defence on their toes than Keita. 

Not on recent form and Game time.

Not sure Klopp has used shaq in big pressure away games actually ?

Hes used Origi & Sturridge recently when resting Bobby.

We shall see anyway. Its all good either way, they're all good in their own right.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #140: May 01, 2019 11:54:20 am
      Barcelona cant handle teams running at them. They are really bad when facing a team that is good on the break, and as for the keep “Messi quiet” plan , i think every team that lost against them in the past 10 years tried to 😂. We have to worry about our guys doing their job, and pray he has a bad game.
      Going with a 1-1 draw

That's my prediction also, with a 2-1 home victory to send us back to Spain for the final!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #141: May 01, 2019 11:55:11 am
      Going with a 1-1 draw

Exactly mate, keep the ball away from Messi & Suarez as much as possible and were cool. ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #142: May 01, 2019 11:56:39 am
      I think it's going to be a necessity rather than an advantage.  I'm expecting both sides to score goals in both games!

Tonight's game has all the making's of a great tie. if both sides play to there full potential.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #143: May 01, 2019 12:06:52 pm
      Tough tie ahead,they have several great players in there team but we have a full squad of them.
      IMHO We have been the standout team in Europe this season as was the case last season and the lads won’t fear barca or there shithousery 1-2 to the men in red.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #144: May 01, 2019 12:07:12 pm
      Klopp would probably agree with you but if Firmino was out I think Shaqiri would be a better replacement at keeping their defence on their toes than Keita.

Don't think he would trust Shaq on the defensive and vall-winning end.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #145: May 01, 2019 12:10:22 pm
      The Wife organised my 30th birthday meal for tonight with all the family. At 6.45.

No TV in the place so there'll be no starters or desserts for any of the cu*ts, I'll be making sure of that, so we're out sharp.
      If it's a party FOR you...??? Oh well. The things we do (or allow) for love. That better be some meal, mind.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #146: May 01, 2019 12:20:04 pm
      If it's a party FOR you...??? Oh well. The things we do (or allow) for love. That better be some meal, mind.

Yeah it's for me, you'd think I'd be grateful   :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #147: May 01, 2019 12:29:31 pm
      Not sure why but I actually think we could win this fairly comfortably, like we did Bayern and Porto. I just think our attack will push them back and stop them from creating very much. Overall we are the better team although they do have very dangerous players, but then so did Bayern and Porto and we completely nullified them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #148: May 01, 2019 12:31:18 pm
      Don't think I've ever seen a team keep Messi quiet, he's super-human. If you try to mark him out the game, Dembele, Coutinho and Suarez have more space, the attacking talent Barca have poses the biggest challenge we've had under Klopp in my opinion; our defenders and midfielders will have a huge job on their hands to keep them out. However, they are weak defensively and we should catch them out on the counter quite a lot.

Reckon that’s doing their other players a bit of an injustice. It’s like saying if you keep Salah quiet, you keep Liverpool quiet which we all know isn’t true. Suarez, Coutinho and Dembele are all a danger. They are capable of hurting teams from all over the pitch.

We will see won’t we.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #149: May 01, 2019 12:40:06 pm
      no way shaq starts ahead of Naby.

Well there is since they don’t occupy the same position on the pitch.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #150: May 01, 2019 12:43:17 pm
      Really think we can score tonight - just a case of keeping it tight at the back as well
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #151: May 01, 2019 12:58:20 pm
      Nerves kicking in now
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #152: May 01, 2019 01:03:29 pm

Surprisingly, I feel confident! But maybe not surprising because of how good we are.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #153: May 01, 2019 01:04:39 pm
      Pretty much what I’d expect it to be. Keita can rightly feel disappointed if he doesn’t start given his form but he might be a better option starting the game at Anfield where Barca might not have as much of the ball.

Only thing different I think there could be from your lineup is maybe Gomez in at RB or CB. Rest of it picks itself.
      Sure Bob is ft and bobs plays
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #154: May 01, 2019 01:04:53 pm

Not feeling too nervous here although that might change as we get closer to KO. Just looking forward to what should be an epic tie and one which hopefully will again show how much we're progressing at the moment. Going to be very difficult but if we turn up properly there's no reason we can't get a good result to take back to Anfield.

Should be a cracking game for the neutral, hopefully we'll all be happy by 10pm tonight as well.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #155: May 01, 2019 01:10:14 pm
      I know it’s different but IMO, you keep Messi quiet and you keep them all quiet. They’ve really struggled in games this season when Messi either hasn’t played or been kept quiet.
      They aren’t the force they once were with Xavi, Iniesta etc.
      Messi just as capable of scoring in first few minutes. There attack is ridiculous same as ours. But messi the wee wizard is something else. Concentrate like F**k for 90 mins. Even middle with raktic who bursts into the box and alba and robarto on the wings. There keeper is top class too but we have players to match them. I think there Midfielders are better but think we have slightly better defence. Need a performance where everyone has a 8 out of 10. Looking forward to it. Let's not be out of the tie in the first leg.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #156: May 01, 2019 01:14:47 pm
      It’s weird the lack of nerves I get with this squad we have now, feels good going into games, no matter the opponent knowing you have a good chance.

Saying that, by the time kick off comes I’ll have probably gone through a family size pack of Andrex....
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #157: May 01, 2019 01:33:26 pm
      I know it’s different but IMO, you keep Messi quiet and you keep them all quiet. They’ve really struggled in games this season when Messi either hasn’t played or been kept quiet.
      They aren’t the force they once were with Xavi, Iniesta etc.

I tell you what, they may not have Xavi anymore, but Arthur is something really special, isn't he? Probably one of the best controlling midfielders on the ball in world football atm.

What makes this game so fascinating is that we have the perfect counter to Busquets and Arthur as we have the best controlling midfielders off the ball. Will be very interesting to see how this game pans out for us!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #158: May 01, 2019 01:40:55 pm
      I tell you what, they may not have Xavi anymore, but Arthur is something really special, isn't he? Probably one of the best controlling midfielders on the ball in world football atm.

What makes this game so fascinating is that we have the perfect counter to Busquets and Arthur as we have the best controlling midfielders off the ball. Will be very interesting to see how this game pans out for us!

Only seen Arthur a few times and he looked excellent- I’m worried about him. Barca still have an incredible team.

I have so much faith in Klopp and the team though - just feel like we’ll get chances.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #159: May 01, 2019 01:44:17 pm
      Not sure why but I actually think we could win this fairly comfortably, like we did Bayern and Porto. I just think our attack will push them back and stop them from creating very much. Overall we are the better team although they do have very dangerous players, but then so did Bayern and Porto and we completely nullified them.

Like the 4-0 pasting we put on them at Wembley a preseason ago. But we don't have the Markovic-Grujic combination to put the icing on the cake! It's a fine daydream' Heimdall. Dream away.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #160: May 01, 2019 02:04:40 pm
      Like the 4-0 pasting we put on them at Wembley a preseason ago. But we don't have the Markovic-Grujic combination to put the icing on the cake! It's a fine daydream' Heimdall. Dream away.

I'm not saying we win 4-0 but I just think it will be a no hassle draw or win to us. BTW that result will be earned by a hell of a lot of hard work by the lads.

Quick Reply