Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Barcelona?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2.1%)
      Joel Matip
      31 (32%)
      Andy Robertson
      39 (40.2%)
       Fabinho
      7 (7.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1%)
      Naby Keïta
      2 (2.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (8.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (4.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: May 05, 2019 09:58:28 pm

Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 41697 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: May 01, 2019 10:18:28 pm
      If we had Gerrard for the 2nd leg........

Anyway, just can't see us coming back from that loss.Oh well, there is always next season....
      Barca is the only team that beats Barca, fortunately they have games like that,,, Lets hope that they have one at Anfield
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #668: May 01, 2019 10:18:31 pm
      In hindsight Gomez over TAA was a huge mistake by Klopp and so was Gini as a false 9 for so long.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,178 posts | 527 
      Reply #669: May 01, 2019 10:18:42 pm
      Don't care, those fuckers always choke when it matters, I'd take Suarez and Couts over them any day.

Well you are a first class clueless prat then.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #670: May 01, 2019 10:18:42 pm
      Went for Matip MOTM. Weird given we lost 3-0. And it was between him and Robbo. But thought both were really good.

Matip was pretty solid. Robbo gave the ball away too much for me and didn’t really contribute many of those crosses that have become his trademark.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #671: May 01, 2019 10:18:48 pm
      Well, we may as well say don't return to Merseyside. Those responsible for this result will be shot.

I think there'll be people who will definitely run this forum down if Rafa has his way this weekend.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #672: May 01, 2019 10:18:49 pm
      Why didn't Klopp start with Fab, Keita, and Gini?

Because Bobby wasn't fully fit so Gini had to deputise up front. But Origi was left on the bench?

Gini going up front left a slot to fill in midfield and so Milner got the nod over Henderson.

To be fair, Milly played well first half but Henderson has been playing really well these last few games. Someone mentioned something about bringing Henderson on later during the game for some energy. I think it backfired on the boss.

The strangest one was TAA not even getting on the pitch. Can't be about trust. He played in last season's final. Granted it was a case of who else could but TAA was there on merit. Perhaps he isn't fully fit.

But then, why did Gomez play the full 90 minutes when he surely cannot be fully match fit (and some of his passing was evidence of that). Also, we all know Gomez struggles at RB, which makes it even more of a strange decision.

I think we will end up with nothing this season. I also think we will be stronger for it going into next season. We are getting closer but we are not quite there yet.

End of the day, Barca's first goal was a world-class finish, their second goal was lucky, and their third was an outrageous free-kick from the world's best player. One of the best free kicks I've ever seen.

What a cruel game though. We were the better side for about 75 minutes.

They took their chances, we missed ours, and we missed an almost open goal. Do that at this level and you're left picking up the pieces.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #673: May 01, 2019 10:18:53 pm
      Our midfield is too soft. When we have opponents with slow pace Fab will excel, he has time to react, when up against a fast barca midfield ,he will struggle. We need a Masch like DM to counter that. When we missed that many chances we're asking for trouble. I hope we don;t defend like that again, a bunch of them crowding the barca player at Gomez's side and left 2 barca players unmarked at the backend.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #674: May 01, 2019 10:19:22 pm
      Couple of mistakes by Klopp tonight, first sub was too late and Origi eh

Wijnaldum as a striker was bizarre as well, is he better at giving BJ's than Shaq, why does Jürgen hate Shaq?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #675: May 01, 2019 10:19:22 pm
      Don't care, those fuckers always choke when it matters, I'd take Suarez and Couts over them any day.

Hang on, Mane scored in the final last season. They both scored on our run to the final last season against City and Roma. They put Bayern away this year.

You’re posting in the heat of the moment, go take yourself away from it and calm down a bit.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #676: May 01, 2019 10:19:56 pm
      At the end of the day, we went to the Camp Nou and gave a very good account of ourselves. Unfortunately we missed our chances and they took theirs. It hurts and it's sh*te but it happens in football.

All we can do now is get it out of our system and win on Saturday to at least make City earn the title and then try and get the first goal in the first half on Tuesday night and see where it takes us.

Just like games like tonight happen in football, so do comebacks and shock results so maybe there's a bit of life left in us yet this season.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,009 posts | 225 
      Reply #677: May 01, 2019 10:19:57 pm
      Georginio Wijnaldum 0 (0%)James Milner

Georginio Wijnaldum should of stayed on and milner subbed off
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,057 posts | 546 
      Reply #678: May 01, 2019 10:20:02 pm
      In hindsight Gomez over TAA was a huge mistake by Klopp and so was Gini as a false 9 for so long.

Gini was a bit strange. Gomez played well though.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #679: May 01, 2019 10:20:12 pm
      Matip was pretty solid. Robbo gave the ball away too much for me and didn’t really contribute many of those crosses that have become his trademark.

The crossing was poor all round tonight
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #680: May 01, 2019 10:21:21 pm
      Gini was a bit strange. Gomez played well though.

Offered nothing going forward and he didn’t have anything to do defensively.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #681: May 01, 2019 10:21:37 pm
      Dont think Klopp got anything wrong at all, we were dominating until they got lucky with the second, the third was a worldly from the best footballer in the world ever,(maybe he should sign for City) we had 3 clear cut chances to score and didn't, Mane, Milner, Salah, score any or all of them its a totally different game,
      I thought we played well tonight and were every bit as good aa they were if not better, if only we were more clinical

Been down by 3 at half time before haven't we ??

This tie isn't over !!

YNWA
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #682: May 01, 2019 10:22:18 pm
      The big issue here isn't Gomez though. Hes a fair second choice right back. But it cannot be right that our second choice striker is Wijnaldum. A club this size seriously resorting to that from 1 injury? For 2 years running we have kept the front 3 relatively fit all season. But any injury to one of those and I'm afraid it kills us.

It's getting towards the end of the season again and the squad is still not complete.

We surely have to make a decision of Origi and Sturridge and if the decision is Wijnaldum is better then they both have to go and we must recruit someone Klopp can trust.

If it means a very good player must sit on the bench then so be it. I'm sure a very good player will happily want to come here under those circumstances.

Origi Sturridge Wijnaldum are not forward options befitting of this team.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #683: May 01, 2019 10:23:17 pm
      Once again Gini did his impression of the invisible man. The boss made a huge mistake with his selection of the team, and as for his timing of the substitutes, it was awful.  Firmino was ready to come on long before the second goal went in. Not one of the better nights for the boss.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #684: May 01, 2019 10:24:17 pm
      Hang on, Mane scored in the final last season. They both scored on our run to the final last season against City and Roma. They put Bayern away this year.

You’re posting in the heat of the moment, go take yourself away from it and calm down a bit.

I know, fair point, I love our players but that was such a kick in the balls, even at 1-0 I was fairly happy then bang out of the blue 2 goals. We just had F**k all luck in front of goal or Barcas defence is a lot better than we thought it was.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #685: May 01, 2019 10:24:18 pm
      The big issue here isn't Gomez though. Hes a fair second choice right back. But it cannot be right that our second choice striker is Wijnaldum. A club this size seriously resorting to that from 1 injury? For 2 years running we have kept the front 3 relatively fit all season. But any injury to one of those and I'm afraid it kills us.

It's getting towards the end of the season again and the squad is still not complete.

We surely have to make a decision of Origi and Sturridge and if the decision is Wijnaldum is better then they both have to go and we must recruit someone Klopp can trust.

If it means a very good player must sit on the bench then so be it. I'm sure a very good player will happily want to come here under those circumstances.

Origi Sturridge Wijnaldum are not forward options befitting of this team.

I fully agree on the striker issue and if it was me both of them would be off in the summer and a new forward brought in.

On Gini I think I can see what Jürgen was thinking in trying to get a player as close to what Firmino does for us in linking the play.

Origi and Sturridge don't do that.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #686: May 01, 2019 10:25:17 pm
      Yes.

You can't get closer to scoring than hitting the post.

Or a clearance off the line.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #687: May 01, 2019 10:25:21 pm
      Dont think Klopp got anything wrong at all, we were dominating until they got lucky with the second, the third was a worldly from the best footballer in the world ever,(maybe he should sign for City) we had 3 clear cut chances to score and didn't, Mane, Milner, Salah, score any or all of them its a totally different game,
      I thought we played well tonight and were every bit as good aa they were if not better, if only we were more clinical

Been down by 3 at half time before haven't we ??

This tie isn't over !!

YNWA

1000% agreed. I want to find something to criticise, something to moan about, but I can't. The only difference is, they took their chance and had more luck than us in front of goal.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #688: May 01, 2019 10:25:48 pm
      There like madrid in last years final. Moaning at ref all game. The wee fkn bearded gnome is the difference. Lpool had most of the chances
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #689: May 01, 2019 10:26:08 pm
      It.s only half time remember Istanbul BELIEVE

Quick Reply