Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Barcelona?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2.1%)
      Joel Matip
      31 (32%)
      Andy Robertson
      39 (40.2%)
       Fabinho
      7 (7.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1%)
      Naby Keïta
      2 (2.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (8.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (4.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: May 05, 2019 09:58:28 pm

Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 39598 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Re: Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #943: May 03, 2019 11:00:51 pm
      Not at all Rossy.

Migs is ordinary - evidence speaks for itself.

No blame on Alisson for the free kick - that would be mental going in where it did.

You’ve had a weird Alisson thing all season. Fill your boots mate and don’t let the facts get in your way.

What are the facts ? The fact that some people apportion blame to keeper but because you don't believe it . That's called an opinion and they differ. A weird feeling ? what would that be ? Absolute horseshit if he makes a mistake he will get called out , similarly if he makes a great save he gets plaudits . Have a day off
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #944: May 03, 2019 11:09:49 pm
      What are the facts ? The fact that some people apportion blame to keeper but because you don't believe it . That's called an opinion and they differ. A weird feeling ? what would that be ? Absolute horseshit if he makes a mistake he will get called out , similarly if he makes a great save he gets plaudits . Have a day off

Yup you really should - if you look Wed and blame him for the result you’re delusional.

rossyred

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #945: May 03, 2019 11:14:17 pm
      Yup you really should - if you look Wed and blame him for the result you’re delusional.

Blame him for the result ? Are you serious where I have blamed him for the result if  any f**ker is delusional it's you pal I haven't even blamed him for the goal directly my point was about opinions and agendas
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #946: May 04, 2019 06:26:59 am
      Blame him for the result ? Are you serious where I have blamed him for the result if  any f**ker is delusional it's you pal I haven't even blamed him for the goal directly my point was about opinions and agendas

Whatever fella - you just seem to me to have been determined all season to decry any suggestions he’s an outstanding keeper.

If I’ve got you wrong my bad - but that’s my genuine impression of you.
      Scottbot

• 9,537 posts | 2126 
      Reply #947: May 04, 2019 07:28:25 am
      Early goal at Anfield and you never know. We got a bit lucky at City last season with the goal they chalked off for off side, at 2-0 who knows if we would have come through.

As for apportioning blame for the result I don’t see the point. Our finishing cost us on the night. Most of everything else in the night was pretty decent.

Most of us had almost forgotten what it feels like to lose a game. Don’t think it’s right somehow to get in such a twist when we do, particularly given the opposition.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #948: May 04, 2019 08:46:11 am
      Looking at the free kick from behind Messi, Allison wasn't standing in the middle of the goal. He was slightly to the left of where he should have been. However, I  think he still wouldn't have stood much chance against an amazing, if undeserved, freekick.

Now to stuff the Toons tonight, and then beat Barca four nil next week.

COYR
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #949: May 04, 2019 08:50:57 am
      We got the same ref for the 2nd leg..?
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,260 posts | 795 
      Reply #950: May 04, 2019 08:51:31 am
      No chance, Barca ain't going 90 without a goal, we'd need 5 goals if they scored one. Tie is over!

The is a very small chance we'll win the league, otherwise no trophies yet again.

Klopp out.
      RedWilly

• 9,141 posts | 1619 
      Reply #951: May 04, 2019 08:56:08 am
      Can’t believe that punch from Messi. How on earth was that a free kick for them, seriously.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #952: May 04, 2019 09:01:31 am
      Who was the ref?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #953: May 04, 2019 09:06:40 am

Thing is brother - you and me post stuff like that knowing it’s like Monty Python absurd......

Some folk are Brian though.......I mean what did Klopp ever do for us 🤪
      rossyred

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #954: May 04, 2019 09:17:29 am
      Whatever fella - you just seem to me to have been determined all season to decry any suggestions he’s an outstanding keeper.

If I’ve got you wrong my bad - but that’s my genuine impression of you.

To be honest I'm not really bothered what impression you have especially when it's based on suggestions I've said things I haven't and the one I have of you I wouldn't share on here just leave it now eh
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #955: May 04, 2019 09:19:28 am
      Can’t believe that punch from Messi. How on earth was that a free kick for them, seriously.

Thing is if you look at the replay fabinho actually apolgises afterwards. Playing devils advocate you could mention mane putting his hand on vidal's face. For what it's worth don't think the ref was as bad as some say. Yes rakitic and Roberto should have been booked but milly could have been too as he did barge messi although the reaction was ridiculous.  Neither incidents were penalties for me as Mané was offside.Suarez celebrated?  So what ? Did we not enjoy barmby scoring against the blueshite ? When he was our c**t no one seemed to care so much. The cynical side of football isn't nice but it's nothing new but it is particularly annoying when it's against you.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #956: May 04, 2019 09:21:30 am
      To be honest I'm not really bothered what impression you have especially when it's based on suggestions I've said things I haven't and the one I have of you I wouldn't share on here just leave it now eh

Agreed. Some folks just don’t get along.

Good luck to you.
      rossyred

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #957: May 04, 2019 09:26:21 am
      Agreed. Some folks just don’t get along.

Good luck to you.

Not about not getting along people are different and people have different opinions. If I came on here and posted everytime someone posted something I didn't agree with I would wear my keypad down if you post something I agree with I will and have liked it in the past
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #958: May 04, 2019 09:38:46 am
      Not about not getting along people are different and people have different opinions. If I came on here and posted everytime someone posted something I didn't agree with I would wear my keypad down if you post something I agree with I will and have liked it in the past

Likewise Rossy - I call out agendas where I feel I see them because I think it distorts.

I just think on a few things we see it differently.

That’s cool. I won’t comment again.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #959: May 04, 2019 10:53:08 am
      No chance, Barca ain't going 90 without a goal, we'd need 5 goals if they scored one. Tie is over!

The is a very small chance we'll win the league, otherwise no trophies yet again.

Have you forgotten last year and their game against Roma, why do you think Barca will score? I thought we'd score at Nou camp but somehow we didn't, in football anything can happen, and if we can push them back for 90 minutes whilst scoring all our goals then we can do it.
      For the record I actually think that they will get 1 goal, but I also think we will get 5, we are capable of it, but we will need to be in maximum overdrive mode with everything going our way and they need to play like did at Old Trafford.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #960: May 04, 2019 11:07:42 am
      Have you forgotten last year and their game against Roma, why do you think Barca will score? I thought we'd score at Nou camp but somehow we didn't, in football anything can happen, and if we can push them back for 90 minutes whilst scoring all our goals then we can do it.
      For the record I actually think that they will get 1 goal, but I also think we will get 5, we are capable of it, but we will need to be in maximum overdrive mode with everything going our way and they need to play like did at Old Trafford.

To be fair Roma had an away goal, we haven’t. If you don’t have an away goal, you can’t go through on away goals, which is what Roma done. Saying that, our defence is better than Roma’s and our attack is better too, so who knows, maybe we will go and win 4-0 next week.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #961: May 04, 2019 11:10:57 am
      To be fair Roma had an away goal, we haven’t. If you don’t have an away goal, you can’t go through on away goals, which is what Roma done.

true but Roma beat Barca 3-0 on the night didn't they, without Barca scoring, same would do for us to take it to injury time, but I honestly think we can beat these guys. If you look at the highlights of the match then a fair score would have been 2-2 or even 3-2 to us, incredible how we didn't get a couple of goals plus they a had a lot of fortune with 2 of their goals.
      I'm not saying it will be easy and we need a lot of things to go in our favour but dammit we had zero luck on Wednesday  whilst they had loads so its time for the reverse on Tuesday.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #962: May 04, 2019 11:13:31 am
      We went to the Nou Camp and did this -

53% possession to their 47%........

15 shots to their 12.............

5 corners to their 3....................... .

Forced them to change their system.................

Yet we lost the game 3-0.

It was a freak result.

It won't happen again and definitely not at Anfield.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #963: May 04, 2019 11:15:29 am
      true but Roma beat Barca 3-0 on the night didn't they, without Barca scoring, same would do for us to take it to injury time, but I honestly think we can beat these guys. If you look at the highlights of the match then a fair score would have been 2-2 or even 3-2 to us, incredible how we didn't get a couple of goals plus they a had a lot of fortune with 2 of their goals.
      I'm not saying it will be easy and we need a lot of things to go in our favour but dammit we had zero luck on Wednesday  whilst they had loads so its time for the reverse on Tuesday.

It’s definitely possible and come kick off I will be supporting us as if it’s possible and that we are going to do it. But I’m also fully aware that the chances of winning 4-0 or keeping Barca out for potentially 120minutes is a very difficult thing to do. Hopefully the luck is reversed this time and we take our chances. Would love nothing more (other than winning the trophy obviously) than us getting through to the final, the look on the faces of them cheating, tax evading tossers would be priceless.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,951 posts | 217 
      Reply #964: May 04, 2019 11:00:10 pm
      barca rested the whole team tonight in a 2-0 defeat away from home

Malcom
      Kevin Prince Boateng
      Ousmane Dembele

Carles Alena
      Arthur
      Riqui Puig

Thomas Vermaelen
      Samuel Umtiti
      Jean-Clair Todibo
      Moussa Wague

Jasper Cillessen

subs
      Brais Mendez
      Jozabed
      Fran Beltran
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #965: May 04, 2019 11:01:12 pm
      barca rested the whole team tonight in a 2-0 defeat away from home

Malcom
      Kevin Prince Boateng
      Ousmane Dembele

Carles Alena
      Arthur
      Riqui Puig

Thomas Vermaelen
      Samuel Umtiti
      Jean-Clair Todibo
      Moussa Wague

Jasper Cillessen

subs
      Brais Mendez
      Jozabed
      Fran Beltran

They know what they’re in for Tuesday night at Anfield..

Quick Reply