Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Barcelona?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2.1%)
      Joel Matip
      31 (32%)
      Andy Robertson
      39 (40.2%)
       Fabinho
      7 (7.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1%)
      Naby Keïta
      2 (2.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (8.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (4.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: May 05, 2019 09:58:28 pm

Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 40686 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #805: May 02, 2019 01:54:52 am

What the F**k is the point of VAR, honestly. The lack of any real punishment for the Keita injuring challenge was another point that should have been brought to the ref.

We missed chances, but in a game of fine margins, the ref bottled it and let Barca get away with the dark arts that they utilise in these big games. Deserved a draw, instead we're hanging on by a thread.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #806: May 02, 2019 01:59:35 am
      What the f**k is the point of VAR, honestly. The lack of any real punishment for the Keita injuring challenge was another point that should have been brought to the ref.

We missed chances, but in a game of fine margins, the ref bottled it and let Barca get away with the dark arts that they utilise in these big games. Deserved a draw, instead we're hanging on by a thread.

I do get what you're saying, bud, but aside from that they took their chances and that free kick. Milner and Salah chances were massive moments in this tie.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #807: May 02, 2019 02:13:45 am
      I do get what you're saying, bud, but aside from that they took their chances and that free kick. Milner and Salah chances were massive moments in this tie.

I don't deny that they took their chances - but early on before a goal was scored I started getting edgy when they kept getting away with the niggle that they do. They play up the free flowing football image but they're a bunch of rough cu*ts as well. When they got away with the Keita one and a couple others, you could see the game change a touch. Especially when they saw that we had already had to use a sub early. Just felt it change. Yes, that first goal was class. No issues there. But we responded well again. Then they get the jammiest of goals, and then a very classy free kick that ultimately shouldn't have been.

We are guilty of missing chances, but we should be looking at a missed opportunity 0-1 at worst, not 0-3 down. That's not at all a reflection of the game, and much worse, one of them really shouldn't have been an opportunity.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #808: May 02, 2019 02:22:54 am
      We were so dominant , but the game changed when they brought semedo on and put roberto into midfield.

Gutted it’s almost over. Will need a perfect performance and plenty of luck.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #809: May 02, 2019 02:38:30 am
      Then what’s the use of playing him for 10 minutes when you are 2 down already? If he couldn’t have played a half, he shouldn’t have been on the bench.

Na. It's very feasible to have a player like him on the bench when he can only give you 20 when you have so many sub options.

Never understood that train of thought. He can offer 20 so have the option of him giving us 20.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #810: May 02, 2019 02:43:00 am
      We were so dominant , but the game changed when they brought semedo on and put roberto into midfield.

Gutted it’s almost over. Will need a perfect performance and plenty of luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #811: May 02, 2019 03:01:57 am
      Shattered.

Never F***ing deserved that scoreline.

Said in the Pre Match thread, we are always capable of creating chances, it's a matter of how many we can put away.

F**k me, can't believe Sadio, James and then Mo missed from where they were. Just not clinical at all.

As for that FK, great yeah, F***ing woopee but he should never have had the FK in the 1st place and that video above shows why. UEFA should take action and suspend the c**t for the next game at Anfield.

I know we are more then capable of scoring 3 at Anfield, let's take them to extra time and knock the cu*ts out on penalties. Love to see Messi, Surez and Cout's faces if that happens!

Chin up Boys. Luck just wasn't on our side tonight. Think the Football God really doesn't like us much!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #812: May 02, 2019 03:13:57 am
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,947 posts | 5007 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #813: May 02, 2019 05:39:51 am
      Oh You mean Mane's Hendo tribute, Milners shot straight at the keeper or the Salah shot against the post?

Talking sh*te mate, give your head a wobble,  then look at your last two posts, then give your head another wobble,  if you still think selling Salah etc the men in the white coats will be paying you a visit.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #814: May 02, 2019 06:51:06 am
      Oh You mean Mane's Hendo tribute, Milners shot straight at the keeper or the Salah shot against the post?

How is a shot against the post not close to scoring.

Can't wait for this explanation.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,032 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #815: May 02, 2019 07:21:00 am
      We should have shipped Sturridge out two seasons ago and replaced him with a good striker.

Been saying same thing for 3 years.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #816: May 02, 2019 07:24:33 am

For once, I agree with you. Deadwood as they get.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #817: May 02, 2019 07:48:49 am
      Always a glimmer of hope and thankfully that last 5 mins of madness didn’t end up with 4/5 goals conceded.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #818: May 02, 2019 07:49:27 am
      How is a shot against the post not close to scoring.

Can't wait for this explanation.

Technically that’s not on target!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #819: May 02, 2019 08:07:41 am

Why cant VAR review this? I said at the time it wasn't a free kick but didn't even spot the punch, it should have been a red card, referee was completely out of his depth or biased
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #820: May 02, 2019 08:08:34 am
      Technically that’s not on target!

Still closer than a shot down the middle that’s technically ‘on target’ though.

Slightly off topic but isn’t it weird that it doesn’t count as on target but a shot going wide that’s saved by the keeper does.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,003 posts | 223 
      Reply #821: May 02, 2019 08:10:16 am
      Look at these 2 cvnts

https://youtu.be/GhoOu4eVPHI
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #822: May 02, 2019 08:16:33 am
      Any respect I had for Messi and Suarez has totally gone after the tricks they used to con the ref.We will just have to teach them some manners next week at Anfield. :f_steam:
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 879 posts | 102 
      Reply #823: May 02, 2019 08:22:16 am

is this their reaction to an English team getting beat?
      ...the bitter cu*ts
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #824: May 02, 2019 08:35:30 am
      Barca will do Anything to win. Pulling shirts fouling all night nothing given and even when there not touched rolling and rolling around. Suarez messi and coutinho all demanded the ref shows cards. Hope they get the most hostile reception Tuesday and we do the same rolling round demanding red cards. That was a disgrace last night. N suarez and coutinho posting a load of pics on after the game laughing and holding three fingers up. cu*ts
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #825: May 02, 2019 08:49:17 am
      Oh well, beaten by a better team.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #826: May 02, 2019 08:51:23 am
      I haven't been posting much of late but just wanted to come online and talk about last night because how we lost that match 3-0 is just beyond me.

I was very surprised with the team selection and couldn't work out how we would set up. Gini in the false 9 was a weird one for me and I didn't think it worked either. Through no fault of his own, he has a bit of a poor game by his standards.

Apart from that I thought we were excellent. I was abit nervous going into the game wondering whether their experience would shine through and we would struggle to sit behind the ball and keep our shape.  Yet it was us who dominated the match and looked like the experienced European team on the ball. I thought we were brilliant.

Unfortunately football at this level is usually decided by fine margins and that's all it was.  We had three glorious chances on a plate which any other game we would normally take. Mane, Milner and Salah all should have scored.

I thought Barca offered little throughout but it was just sheer genius from Messi and we're on the brink of going out.

We all know it's going to be extremely tough to pull this one back. We need to keep a clean sheet obviously and we need a lot of things to go our way. But we've been in this position before and came through it. It wouldn't be Liverpool if we did it the easy way, would it?

They beat us 3-0 last night but I saw enough in that game last night to be confident in beating them 3-0 too. It's a big ask, a big job, but it's not over until it's over.

Very unlucky last night. Heartbreaking. But we need to pick ourselves up and go again.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #827: May 02, 2019 08:59:59 am
      Unfortunately football at this level is usually decided by fine margins and that's all it was.  We had three glorious chances on a plate which any other game we would normally take. Mane, Milner and Salah all should have scored.

I thought Barca offered little throughout but it was just sheer genius from Messi and we're on the brink of going out.

Agree with your take on the game.  I was reading the stat last night that Messi has something like 116 goals in 130 Champions League games.

Ultimately what we are up against is not only that goalscoring record but 130 games!! Such experience.  We've spent too many seasons sitting on the sidelines at this highest level.  A final and a semi-final is superb for your first two seasons back and we need to build on this, with this team and keep moving forward for an extended period.  No more flash in the pan seasons.

I also agree that the second leg will be very difficult but not beyond us if were to be perfect. 

Quick Reply