Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Barcelona?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2.1%)
      Joel Matip
      31 (32%)
      Andy Robertson
      39 (40.2%)
       Fabinho
      7 (7.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1%)
      Naby Keïta
      2 (2.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (8.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (4.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: May 05, 2019 09:58:28 pm

Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 40531 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #874: May 02, 2019 01:54:38 pm
      Sh*t or bust move really.
      Keepers sometimes cause havoc when they go up, then again, sometimes they don't and the counter scores.

Was it for certain the keeper he was motioning to? Usually the two fullbacks stay back and I thought he motioned to one of them, Gomez maybe, to go up because when they countered wasn't Robbo the only one back?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #875: May 02, 2019 01:59:46 pm
      I'm not sure what is the best stat to prove how clinical a team is or isn't, I suppose you could look at goals to shots on target but that comes down to how good the chances were so you'd have to factor that in as well

Probably that expected goals (xG) stat.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #876: May 02, 2019 02:08:34 pm
      Was it for certain the keeper he was motioning to? Usually the two fullbacks stay back and I thought he motioned to one of them, Gomez maybe, to go up because when they countered wasn't Robbo the only one back?

No idea mate.
      I tend not to read too much into these things, and was just going off what others said.
      Either way I'm not really fussed.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #877: May 02, 2019 02:13:57 pm
      Was it for certain the keeper he was motioning to?

I think I've seen Alisson up a couple of times this season and it's usually Robbo who stays back.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #878: May 02, 2019 02:14:28 pm
      F**k sake, I was pulled up on this yesterday and apologised, it was said in the heat of the moment, some of you guys are utterly obsessed with me, it should be flattering but its really just a bit creepy!

Na, nobody is obsessed. Just calling you out for what you are.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #879: May 02, 2019 02:21:15 pm
      Pretty big gap between "we need to be more clinical" and "sell those two chokers." Do you still want to sell the premier League record holder and the player who scored in last year's final, both have scored multiple goals in the CL this season and last?

Yeah and there is pretty big gap between posting when you are drunk and pissed off right after the final whistle and posting after a nights sleep when you have had time to reflect isn't there or is there not?

I find it staggering that some of you are still banging on about that post, F***ing obsessed with me, genuinely getting a bit creepy now!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #880: May 02, 2019 02:26:34 pm
      Na, nobody is obsessed. Just calling you out for what you are.

;D, of course you aren't that why you trawl back 5 pages to find a post to attack me with, a post I've already apologised for, LAST NIGHT!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #881: May 02, 2019 02:28:17 pm
      ;D, of course you aren't that why you trawl back 5 pages to find a post to attack me with, a post I've already apologised for, LAST NIGHT!

Trawled back 😂👍
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #882: May 02, 2019 02:42:27 pm
      I cannot believe some of the knee-jerk reactions coming out after that game. No way in hell was that a 3-0 game. I have no issue with the 3 they scored, they were fantastic goals, but those three absolute sitters we missed were unreal. And we're not talking about chances by luck, we're talking about chances created after pure quality football.

We had more shots on goal, more corners and 52% possession - on their home turf. To put it into perspective, below are some of the other "big teams" stats at Nou Camp this year.

Man Utd 34%
      Athletico 36%
      Real Madrid 43%

We took the game to them and outplayed them for large parts of the game. This is supposedly the best club team in the world who were forced to make a defensive change at home out of fear.

Nobody is looking for excuses or being naive, the scoreline is the stat that matters at the end of the day. But seeing some of the posters marvel at Barca's "quality" and dismiss our lads as buckling under pressure is doing a huge disservice to the team. Sometimes, you just don't get the luck in football regardless of how well you play, but to have this inferiority complex against Barca or Real last year is ridiculous.

I for one believe we can get three at home next week, probably more, but more importantly I want to beat them to underline that we are capable of beating the so called "best in the world".

All I can say is - unlucky lads, you did not deserve that scoreline, but do what you did last night and you can easily score 5 against these just like you destroyed Roma and City last year.

F***ing spot on mate, great post, sums it up perfectly.

There was an absolute masterclass in pressing last night, periods of the game where Barca just couldn't play out. To do that against one of the best passing teams (if not the best) in the world, needs huge amounts of bravery, ability and effort. Unfortunately we weren't clinical in the final third, but if we are on it at Anfield there's no reason we can't score a few.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #883: May 02, 2019 02:45:08 pm
      An early goal and it all changes
      redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #884: May 02, 2019 02:57:46 pm
      'Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the path of the opponent to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction by an opponent when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.' The penalty for impeding remains an indirect free-kick.

Was the "foul" on Messi by Fabinho a direct or an indirect free-kick?
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #886: May 02, 2019 03:42:36 pm

Signed, but even if it got to 100,000 nothing would happen to GOAT Messi, the media and UEFA love him to much.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #887: May 02, 2019 03:47:50 pm
      'Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the path of the opponent to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction by an opponent when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.' The penalty for impeding remains an indirect free-kick.

Was the "foul" on Messi by Fabinho a direct or an indirect free-kick?

I think that kind of thing needs to be analysed by VAR, was Fabinho impeding him or did Messi jump into Fabinho to earn himself a free kick, personally I think its the latter in this case as Messi clearly jumps up, why would he do that? I see that kind of cheating far to often and it makes my blood boil, is the defender really supposed to just step aside in that situation, if so then why is it OK for a defender to marshal a ball out of play blocking off the attacker, what is the difference?
      redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #888: May 02, 2019 04:04:18 pm
      I think that kind of thing needs to be analysed by VAR, was Fabinho impeding him or did Messi jump into Fabinho to earn himself a free kick, personally I think its the latter in this case as Messi clearly jumps up, why would he do that? I see that kind of cheating far to often and it makes my blood boil, is the defender really supposed to just step aside in that situation, if so then why is it OK for a defender to marshal a ball out of play blocking off the attacker, what is the difference?

The referee seemed likely to have judged that Fabinho had impeded the progress of Messi when the ball was not within playing distance of either player, therefore he should have awarded an indirect free-kick, No.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #889: May 02, 2019 04:05:15 pm
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #890: May 02, 2019 04:18:17 pm
      Same video slowed down. If he wasn't punching Fab what is his hand doing around his head?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX5VsCIEmA4
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #891: May 02, 2019 04:25:33 pm

Seriously ? That’s embarrassing- we as a club and fan base are bigger than that.

Messi should be shown for what he is a flawed genius.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #892: May 02, 2019 04:30:14 pm
      The referee seemed likely to have judged that Fabinho had impeded the progress of Messi when the ball was not within playing distance of either player, therefore he should have awarded an indirect free-kick, No.

Technically obstruction probably would have been correct, but referees rarely call that, they just give a foul and direct kick.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #893: May 02, 2019 04:34:41 pm
      Yeah and there is pretty big gap between posting when you are drunk and pissed off right after the final whistle and posting after a nights sleep when you have had time to reflect isn't there or is there not?

I find it staggering that some of you are still banging on about that post, f**king obsessed with me, genuinely getting a bit creepy now!

You make a good point. I will not pay any attention to your posts anymore.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #894: May 02, 2019 05:05:57 pm
      Same video slowed down. If he wasn't punching Fab what is his hand doing around his head?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX5VsCIEmA4

Good job we have VAR...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #895: May 02, 2019 06:03:24 pm
      Haha a F***ing petition. We lost, get over it.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #896: May 02, 2019 06:15:48 pm

Seriously ? That’s embarrassing- we as a club and fan base are bigger than that.

Nah, that's not embarrassing at all.

It is making a valid point. How can they blatantly ignore a punch from Messi... and to.make matters worse, give him a free kick, yellow card Fabhino... and then Messi scores from it.

Fair enough we lost.. but Messi should face accountability for his shameful antics.

Quick Reply