Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Barcelona?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2.1%)
      Joel Matip
      31 (32%)
      Andy Robertson
      39 (40.2%)
       Fabinho
      7 (7.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1%)
      Naby Keïta
      2 (2.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (8.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (4.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: May 05, 2019 09:58:28 pm

Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 40337 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Re: Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #897: May 02, 2019 06:29:57 pm
      Messi is a dick. Guarantee if Salah had done the same, the entire world will have already signed that petition.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #898: May 02, 2019 06:38:16 pm
      An early goal and it all changes
      Problem is if we score and attack one goal for barca and we need 5. So away goal was vital..
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #899: May 02, 2019 06:39:32 pm

F***ing joke, isn't it? The more I see it, even in real time, the more I can't believe he got the free kick.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #900: May 02, 2019 06:43:44 pm
      Have you heard durham today saying oh messi only 5"ft 7 and fabinho is 6 2 so should laughing it off. Don't matter your size a foul is a foul. No word of all the shirt pulling by barca the sneaky fouls. Then barca rolling around on the ground and surrounding the referee everytime when there was absolutely nothing in the fouls. Real dirt bag of a team. No word in media about that. If it was salah rolling round it be all over the media.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 984 posts | 65 
      Reply #901: May 02, 2019 06:49:49 pm
      We really need to win at home and show Barca how lucky they are to be 3-0 up going to Anfield . Still can’t get my head around us not bagging a couple at least and we played great football without the end product . Take messi out that team and it’s very ordinary. he gets too much protection and plays the dark side of the game very well buying fouls and getting free kicks. One of the all time greats he is which will make it all the sweeter when we stuff em at Anfield .
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #902: May 02, 2019 07:00:11 pm
      We go again and need to create a special atmosphere next Tuesday night and make it as itimadating for them rolling round cu*ts come next day. We live in hope as small as it is we need to there to support the guys.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #903: May 02, 2019 07:05:03 pm
      Maybe. Bruce grobbelaar has a point that we're jinxed ;D. It make our first trophy all more special when we win something. It amazing the football we played since klopp arrived that we failed a lot at final hurdle sum by terrible referring but I think therfirst piece of silverware will come sooner rather than later. We're improving every year. Two or three players in summer playmaker striker and maybe a cb if lovren goes. The self confessed world's greatest defender. I'd sell studge moreno origi and lallana too. Good players but just not top class
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #904: May 02, 2019 07:12:30 pm
      I was a bit pissed off last night at the result but it is a serious point about our finishing, it needs to be far more clinical. We get away with it because we normally create so many chances in a match but against top opposition we f**k up, hence all the draws against top 6 teams.

It is something we need to work on.

Having said all that I think we will win the CL, I think we will blitz Barca next week and do to them what we did to Roma last year, hopefully without conceding 2 late goals!

As much bad luck as we had last night we deserve good luck on Tuesday.

Glad you’ve come to your senses Heimy ye old dog, think a lot of us had knee jerk reactions after the game, shocking tho it was, I get what your saying regarding our finishing, it’s not the first time we’ve needed to be more clinical,  you could argue they were trying a little to hard or being to precise,
      It don’t matter much what any of us think it won’t change a damn thing,

We have a mountain to climb no question but I honestly can’t see us keeping a clean sheet next Tuesday, we seen last night how easily they opened us up with the Suarez opener, but never say never in this game,

I think they will change it around to suit , Dembele coming in for Coutinho, for starters, possibly play that Senaco, think that’s his name , that fast winger they brought on,

I agree though it’s not over, we’ve seen them conceding 3 and 4 goals before, and if Carlsberg did comebacks we’d be drowning in the sh*t.

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #905: May 02, 2019 07:35:05 pm
      I cannot believe some of the knee-jerk reactions coming out after that game. No way in hell was that a 3-0 game. I have no issue with the 3 they scored, they were fantastic goals, but those three absolute sitters we missed were unreal. And we're not talking about chances by luck, we're talking about chances created after pure quality football.

We had more shots on goal, more corners and 52% possession - on their home turf. To put it into perspective, below are some of the other "big teams" stats at Nou Camp this year.

Man Utd 34%
      Athletico 36%
      Real Madrid 43%

We took the game to them and outplayed them for large parts of the game. This is supposedly the best club team in the world who were forced to make a defensive change at home out of fear.

Nobody is looking for excuses or being naive, the scoreline is the stat that matters at the end of the day. But seeing some of the posters marvel at Barca's "quality" and dismiss our lads as buckling under pressure is doing a huge disservice to the team. Sometimes, you just don't get the luck in football regardless of how well you play, but to have this inferiority complex against Barca or Real last year is ridiculous.

I for one believe we can get three at home next week, probably more, but more importantly I want to beat them to underline that we are capable of beating the so called "best in the world".

All I can say is - unlucky lads, you did not deserve that scoreline, but do what you did last night and you can easily score 5 against these just like you destroyed Roma and City last year.

Top of the league posting mate, says what it does on the tin, close your eyes for a second and imagine it being 3-3, cos that’s the fairest reflection of how it should be now, those stats speak volumes of how we played/performed, before last night they had never beaten us at their yard, in fact we are the only side to have beaten them at their yard....Twice...in the European cup/ CL,

Imagine the waxing of lyrical from the media, had we scored THREE away goals against this so called giant of Europe, except of course for those pair of absolute Kunts in the BT studio, namely Linaker & f***in camel face Ferdinand, they were absolutely delighted and jumped for f***in joy at our demise, Fucksticks, the pair of them !!

YNWA
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #906: May 02, 2019 07:37:39 pm

Messi should be shown for what he is a flawed genius.

A petition is embarrassing beyond belief - smacks of nothing but sore losers - we should be better than that.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #907: May 02, 2019 07:46:59 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #908: May 02, 2019 07:59:02 pm
      Not gonna plow thru the whole thread so petition is beyond pathetic,gotta be a joke/wind up no? Didn't think it was a freekick but hey,glad there were no barca fans at the pub,well maybe one wasn't a big turn out of reds either,i don't get Boston,ya get 1,000's show up for nbc event 20-30 to watch a euro semi-final? Everyone wants to be on the t.v is that it?  Decent game it ain't over, F**k Catalan independence!!
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #909: May 02, 2019 08:32:48 pm
      Behave. You're picking for something that ain't there.

It's simply a wonderful free kick. End of. If Mig or Karius was in goal I'd say the same but they wouldn't have hardly moved I dont think.
      Yes I agree the free was wonderful. But just watch Allison.... He is slow to cross to it, almost as if he believe it is not on target. If he had reacted quicker and moved  his feet quicker he gets there...  Watch it again, and if you or anyone else can not see it, it is because you don't want to see it. And that is not taking anything away from a wonderfully taken freekick
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #910: May 02, 2019 08:49:42 pm
      Yes I agree the free was wonderful. But just watch Allison.... He is slow to cross to it, almost as if he believe it is not on target. If he had reacted quicker and moved  his feet quicker he gets there...  Watch it again, and if you or anyone else can not see it, it is because you don't want to see it. And that is not taking anything away from a wonderfully taken freekick

Agree it was an amazing hit but if Gomez moves his head half an inch to his right it deflects out for a corner.
      It looks like it skimmed his ear...

Luck just wasn't with us last night.
      Christ, it's like a day of mourning in our house today..
      First defeat since January 7th.... thats five months since we lost a game !!!

The ball just didn't roll for us last night.. but it will next week, you'll see.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #911: May 02, 2019 09:05:29 pm

Seriously ? That’s embarrassing- we as a club and fan base are bigger than that.

Agreed.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #912: May 02, 2019 09:10:18 pm
      A petition is embarrassing beyond belief - smacks of nothing but sore losers - we should be better than that.

Messi annoyed me a lot last night for the first time in about 13 years of watching him but this is desperate
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #913: May 02, 2019 09:56:51 pm

And when he moves early and the ball goes in the opposite corner, what do you call him then.  You clearly don't understand the quality of Messi, Cheat or not, or you just don't understand football do you ?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #914: May 02, 2019 09:58:04 pm
      Im confident we can turn this around. 3-3 AET and win on pens.
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #915: May 02, 2019 10:01:45 pm
      And when he moves early and the ball goes in the opposite corner, what do you call him then.  You clearly don't understand the quality of Messi, Cheat or not, or you just don't understand football do you ?

So McManaman says he should have saved it who clearly knows more about football than you is wrong as well ? Not saying you are wrong but this is a perfect e example of how some will say he should /shouldn't have saved it. I can Guarantee one thing 100% if that was Karius or Migs more people on here would of been critical . Fact
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #916: May 02, 2019 10:29:57 pm
      Not trying to blame Allison or anyone else for the loss merely pointing out how i saw Allison react.

Was not talking about him moving early, I was saying If he had moved his feet quicker...

And I am not calling him nothing, just pointing out that he seemed a bit slow to react... Could have been He thought the shot was of target...

watch him and not the ball....Seems to take an age to get across the goal
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #917: May 02, 2019 10:34:11 pm
      So McManaman says he should have saved it who clearly knows more about football than you is wrong as well ? Not saying you are wrong but this is a perfect e example of how some will say he should /shouldn't have saved it. I can Guarantee one thing 100% if that was Karius or Migs more people on here would of been critical . Fact
      Rossy' not saying he should have saved it, but watching him I am caying that at least he should have gotten something on it

"I can Guarantee one thing 100% if that was Karius or Migs more people on here would of been critical . Fact"
      Totally agree with this
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #918: May 02, 2019 10:57:48 pm
      We had more procession more shots corners shots on target and had five or six chances to score and didn't take them. Steigen is a good keeper too. Barca had four chances took three so it's about taking your chances. We can't blame anyone but ourselves. Played well but just got no luck. Didn't like barca players pulling at Lfc shirts and then rolling around and looking cards for basically nothing. Ref was slow at booking barca players. There a great team but sneaky and use the dark arts like madrid did always in refs ear. Tuesday we need to go for broke irs very unlikely but you never no. As for pl I think we're jinxed in that comp. 97points likely and still might t win. Let's hope this week the luck is with us. Not holding out a pile of hope but you just never no.
      Kopite78
      Reply #919: May 02, 2019 10:58:58 pm
      Have you heard durham today saying oh messi only 5"ft 7 and fabinho is 6 2 so should laughing it off. Don't matter your size a foul is a foul. No word of all the shirt pulling by barca the sneaky fouls. Then barca rolling around on the ground and surrounding the referee everytime when there was absolutely nothing in the fouls. Real dirt bag of a team. No word in media about that. If it was salah rolling round it be all over the media.

Why would Liverpool fans listen to talksport?

Quick Reply