Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Barcelona?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2.1%)
      Joel Matip
      31 (32%)
      Andy Robertson
      39 (40.2%)
       Fabinho
      7 (7.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1%)
      Naby Keïta
      2 (2.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (8.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (4.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: May 05, 2019 09:58:28 pm

Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 39833 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #920: May 02, 2019 11:04:25 pm
      We can bang on about whether Allison's reaction was too slow and he could've/should've saved it but the bottom line is, the free kick should never have been given in the first place.

Like I said earlier, luck wasn't with us and the ball just didn't roll our way.
      When have you ever seen Luis Suarez knee the ball onto the bar for it to fall on a plate for Messi?

I also think Rakitic did a job on Keita... without a shadow of a doubt.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #921: May 02, 2019 11:19:01 pm
      Talking of Suarez...
      As good as he was for us, something tells me he won't get that superhero welcome next next week either.. and that beard looks ridiculous ;D

and one final thing before I put this game out my head..
      Why the f**k do they have the PFA awards before the end the season?
      Stuff like that defo affects a players mindset.
      As proud as I am for our four lads who scooped awards, but having the ceremony four days before a European Cup semi final is just daft. ???
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #922: May 02, 2019 11:25:01 pm
      Why would Liverpool fans listen to talksport?
      I won't be listening anymore. The abuse to that lfc supporters got from goldstein and cundy who hate anything to do with lfc. Laughing constantly hate that Andy goldstein. Durham just a fkn knob who puts us down at every opportunity so no I give it a miss from now on. F**k them. N all the haters
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #923: May 03, 2019 09:44:51 am

Best description of anyone I've ever heard
      Kopite78
      Reply #924: May 03, 2019 10:06:14 am
      I won't be listening anymore. The abuse to that lfc supporters got from goldstein and cundy who hate anything to do with lfc. Laughing constantly hate that Andy goldstein. Durham just a fkn knob who puts us down at every opportunity so no I give it a miss from now on. F**k them. N all the haters

Not really the reason like...

Don't know who those people are either
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #925: May 03, 2019 10:15:10 am
      Have you heard durham today saying oh messi only 5"ft 7 and fabinho is 6 2 so should laughing it off. Don't matter your size a foul is a foul. No word of all the shirt pulling by barca the sneaky fouls. Then barca rolling around on the ground and surrounding the referee everytime when there was absolutely nothing in the fouls. Real dirt bag of a team. No word in media about that. If it was salah rolling round it be all over the media.
      Don’t do it to yourself mate,you’ll get more F***ing sense from watching an episode of the F***ing teletubbies.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #926: May 03, 2019 10:23:55 am
      OK just forced myself to watch the highlights and we really were incredibly unlucky on the night, we could easily have won that game instead of losing it 3-0. We had almost complete control of the second half and they scored at every good opportunity they had whilst we fluffed our chances time after time.

I honestly think that we have a decent chance of turning this result over, but we'll need luck and we'll need an explosive start, we need to be at least 2 up within 30 minutes if not sooner. We also need them to play like they did against Man Utd at Old Trafford or against Roma in Rome last season.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #927: May 03, 2019 10:32:10 am
      OK just forced myself to watch the highlights and we really were incredibly unlucky on the night, we could easily have won that game instead of losing it 3-0. We had almost complete control of the second half and they scored at every good opportunity they had whilst we fluffed our chances time after time.

I honestly think that we have a decent chance of turning this result over, but we'll need luck and we'll need an explosive start, we need to be at least 2 up within 30 minutes if not sooner. We also need them to play like they did against Man Utd at Old Trafford or against Roma in Rome last season.

90 minutes is a long time, I dont think we need to go hell for leather straight away. If we are 1 goal away with 10 minutes to go then that gives us a chance. We need 3 goals and with a full lineup of TAA getting better delivery in and Firmino giving us more of a cutting edge and the Anfield roar we can get 3 goals against these just playing normally.

The worry is the away goal, if they score it which in all likelihood they will, then its curtains.

But yeah I dont think we should go all out from minute 1 because we saw at the Nou Camp how easily they fashioned 2 on 2s and at one stage 3 on the goalkeeper.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #928: May 03, 2019 10:35:01 am
      Why would Liverpool fans listen to talksport?

Yeah they get most of their listeners in from trolling us, taking cheap shots at us and stereotyping the fan base.

It isn't for us that's for sure. Dont put yourselves through it people.

That being said if we turn this around then by all means ring the counts up and lay into them.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #929: May 03, 2019 10:47:00 am
      90 minutes is a long time, I dont think we need to go hell for leather straight away. If we are 1 goal away with 10 minutes to go then that gives us a chance. We need 3 goals and with a full lineup of TAA getting better delivery in and Firmino giving us more of a cutting edge and the Anfield roar we can get 3 goals against these just playing normally.

The worry is the away goal, if they score it which in all likelihood they will, then its curtains.

But yeah I dont think we should go all out from minute 1 because we saw at the Nou Camp how easily they fashioned 2 on 2s and at one stage 3 on the goalkeeper.

I'm actually expecting them to get a goal, so we will need to score 5 which is why we need a fast start, we showed against Roma last season that we can do it, if we really click into top gear then no way are they stopping us.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #930: May 03, 2019 10:51:30 am
      Well I’ll be in there Tuesday night roaring us on we ain’t done yet saw enough in that first leg to give me belief .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #931: May 03, 2019 11:29:22 am
      Nah, that's not embarrassing at all.

It is making a valid point. How can they blatantly ignore a punch from Messi... and to.make matters worse, give him a free kick, yellow card Fabhino... and then Messi scores from it.

Fair enough we lost.. but Messi should face accountability for his shameful antics.

Par for the course with the blatant cheats aided and abetted by UEFA CL refereeing. -
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #932: May 03, 2019 11:32:02 am

But yeah I don't think we should go all out from minute 1 because we saw at the Nou Camp how easily they fashioned 2 on 2s and at one stage 3 on the goalkeeper.

Agreed. They are ruthless on counter attack so need to be careful, but we can play our natural game. High press, quick passing and constant deliveries from the full backs. Bobby will be key to this.

We don't need to go hell for leather, but we do need the front three to go for it from the outset to get an early goal. We've got enough quality thereafter to control the game.

If we get through this, it will be the hardest fought CL comeback since 2005. If not, the boys have already done us proud.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #933: May 03, 2019 12:11:13 pm
      Agreed. They are ruthless on counter attack so need to be careful, but we can play our natural game. High press, quick passing and constant deliveries from the full backs. Bobby will be key to this.

We don't need to go hell for leather, but we do need the front three to go for it from the outset to get an early goal. We've got enough quality thereafter to control the game.

If we get through this, it will be the hardest fought CL comeback since 2005. If not, the boys have already done us proud.

Yes just to clarify I'm not suggesting some sort of crazy Kamikaze style attack from the first whistle just really high intensity, high energy start, try to get that early goal, something similar to Huddersfield would do ;-).
      In all seriousness we can do this, we need Barca to have a dip and for us to be 100% on it. We have seen this before and I think we'll see it again on Tuesday. Overall we are the better team, just need our forwards and midfield to have laser like precision on the night and convert all chances.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #934: May 03, 2019 08:22:39 pm
      I think chances of us turning this tie around is highly unlikely bit not impossible but if barca score and I think they will it be very difficult. Its football but so you never no. The fuckers are so good on the break and will roll around at every opportunity and try and slow the game down. I think they score twice so we need six. Hopefully he fkn ref can try and be fair this time.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #935: May 03, 2019 09:14:25 pm
      They will be complacent. It will be their undoing. We will shaft Barca on pens.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #936: May 03, 2019 09:57:28 pm
      So McManaman says he should have saved it who clearly knows more about football than you is wrong as well ? Not saying you are wrong but this is a perfect e example of how some will say he should /shouldn't have saved it. I can Guarantee one thing 100% if that was Karius or Migs more people on here would of been critical . Fact

That’s because Migs is ordinary. Alisson isn’t.

McManaman was wrong.

That’s all there is to it. He’s made mistakes but the free wasn’t one of ‘em.

Not even close.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #937: May 03, 2019 10:11:28 pm
      They will be complacent. It will be their undoing. We will shaft Barca on pens.
      No chance, Barca ain't going 90 without a goal, we'd need 5 goals if they scored one. Tie is over!

The is a very small chance we'll win the league, otherwise no trophies yet again.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #938: May 03, 2019 10:13:16 pm
      Well I’ll be in there Tuesday night roaring us on we ain’t done yet saw enough in that first leg to give me belief .
      Most definitely mate,they can be got at,the ideal scenario for me would be 2-0 up at half time and if that happens I don’t think they would be able to handle it ,and the atmosphere will be something else on Tuesday & also the reds have defied the odds a fair few times under the gaffer & it wouldn’t surprise me if they do it again on Tuesday.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #939: May 03, 2019 10:17:35 pm
      No chance, Barca ain't going 90 without a goal, we'd need 5 goals if they scored one. Tie is over!

The is a very small chance we'll win the league, otherwise no trophies yet again.

Trust you to piss on everyone's chips
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #940: May 03, 2019 10:35:55 pm

McManaman was wrong.

Not even close.

Your opinion pal and as usual doesn't mean you are right
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #941: May 03, 2019 10:38:08 pm

McManaman was wrong.

Not even close.

Oh so because Migs is ordinary it's right that he would get more criticism than someone is not should that not be the other way round ?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #942: May 03, 2019 10:52:40 pm
      Your opinion pal and as usual doesn't mean you are right

Oh so because Migs is ordinary it's right that he would get more criticism than someone is not should that not be the other way round ?

Not at all Rossy.

Migs is ordinary - evidence speaks for itself.

No blame on Alisson for the free kick - that would be mental going in where it did.

You’ve had a weird Alisson thing all season. Fill your boots mate and don’t let the facts get in your way.

Quick Reply