Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Hope and heart: emotions stirred in Liverpool at season's crescendo (Guardian)

Read 2144 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Hope and heart: emotions stirred in Liverpool at season's crescendo (Guardian)
      May 04, 2019 12:35:45 am
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/03/hope-heart-liverpool-premier-league-donald-mcrae-tom-jenkins

This one will take a while to read but I thought it was full of substance. I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts on it.

Kind of a tacit acknowledgement here that there is no football club like this club called Liverpool.
      « Last Edit: May 04, 2019 05:07:34 pm by JD »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Thought This Article Deserved Its Own Thread
      Reply #1: May 04, 2019 04:13:22 am
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/03/hope-heart-liverpool-premier-league-donald-mcrae-tom-jenkins

This one will take a while to read but I thought it was full of substance. I'd be interested in everyone's thoughts on it.

Kind of a tacit acknowledgement here that there is no football club like this club called Liverpool.

Brought me to tears that, i don't mind admitting,  tears of pride, even for me being a 'Wool
      i feel the sense of pride the people of Liverpool must have for their club in Red, what they have been through, where they have been, and what they are achieving now,
      'This Means More' will only mean what it's actually saying to those who support This club and has experienced the last 30 yrs, most particularly if you are from the City, because you feel it more, your part of it,
      There is definitely something really special happening with our club right now, something we all need to behold, so we all need to embrace it, enjoy it and celebrate it, even if we were just to miss out,
      In the end whatever happens each and every one of us should  be proud of our club,
      I liked Neil Atkinson's quote;

"How Can You Be Sad watching the best Liverpool side Ever"

THIS MEANS MORE

YNWA
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #2: May 04, 2019 08:50:05 am

Thanks for posting that, brought me to tears. I just feel an immense pride in this City and this Football Club!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: May 04, 2019 09:25:44 am
      That post is excellent Robbie and it is a post every supporter should read.I have seen so many highs and lows over the years and all I wish for is number 19 to arrive at this great club of ours.It has been far too long and if ever a Liverpool squad deserve the title it is this squad.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #4: May 04, 2019 09:42:49 am
      I’ve read some fantastic articles in my time about LFC & that is right up there with the best I’ve ever read.
      Many thanks robby
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #5: May 04, 2019 10:07:52 am
      Excellent article that gives everything in and around football, perpsective.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #6: May 04, 2019 03:15:28 pm
      Should pin it,make everyone read it.Far to much petty nasty bitching going on around here considering the position we are in.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #7: May 04, 2019 03:51:18 pm
      Great article by MacRae. Makes you realise how lucky we are to be supporters of the best club in the world.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #8: May 04, 2019 04:41:36 pm
      Thought it might evoke this kind of response. As much as I have grown to love Liverpool, I know it will never be the same as for someone who grew up with it, especially from Merseyside.

Also as a former newspaperman, makes me glad to see.good journalism isn't totally deceased. (But it's on life support)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Hope and heart: emotions stirred in Liverpool at season's crescendo (Guardian)
      Reply #9: May 05, 2019 10:34:22 pm
      Should I read it before the last match or after it?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Hope and heart: emotions stirred in Liverpool at season's crescendo (Guardian)
      Reply #10: May 05, 2019 10:44:24 pm
      Should I read it before the last match or after it?

Both.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #11: May 05, 2019 10:50:08 pm

Too scared to read it at the moment mate. I can only imagine what the whole city of Liverpool would be feeling, I'm anxious and nervous myself already, maybe this article might freak the heart out more then it already is.

Quick Reply