Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Alisson
      1 (0.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      28 (25%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      23 (20.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      30 (26.8%)
       Fabinho
      5 (4.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (4.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      16 (14.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      1 (0.9%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: May 08, 2019 09:42:24 pm

Newcastle United 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22635 times
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Re: Newcastle United 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: May 04, 2019 09:58:18 pm
      Anything can happen on the final day the pressure is immense so we’ll done to the lads for keeping the dream alive . Brilliant stuff
      Brighton are safe. Cmon leicester you can do it. Believe that's the main thing.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #438: May 04, 2019 09:59:02 pm
      Rafa is a professional and he's paid to do a job and that's exactly what he has done. Strangely, we performed poorly and yet won the game. Not that I'm complaining. Common lets hammer these barca feckers and give them a game they will never forget. Score 2 early goals and barca will sh*t. If i'm klopp i'll do intensive shooting practice. Say, 10 shots, 3 went in, why not. Shooting from outside the box is the way to go.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #439: May 04, 2019 10:00:07 pm
      That result just might have put a few extra gallons back in the tank for Barca's visit.

Hopefully Leicester do us a favour and we can field the fookin reserves on Tuesday night!
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #440: May 04, 2019 10:00:22 pm
      Lovren is a car crash of a defender at times . His big problem as it was against Lukaku when he got bullied is that he never ever tries to get in front and he just gets caught behind the man every time
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #441: May 04, 2019 10:02:58 pm
      We need to strengthen in summer. Sturridge lallana moreno and bloody lovren even though he self confessed worlds no 1cb.Tonight brilliant character least it guna be a super Sunday I hope. Amazing it goes to last day and third placed team are 25 points behind ;D. Hope Bobby makes a miraculous recovery he so vital to the team and Mo get well soon.
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #442: May 04, 2019 10:03:12 pm
      Well done Rafa..showed that idiot Gunner Solskjaer what football is about...Rafa respects the integrity of the game.Expect nothing less from the ultimate professional manager.
      Le Gargoyle
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #443: May 04, 2019 10:03:13 pm
      I actually preferred us winning with a late goal rather than hammer newcastle as it will piss city off more we scored so late. They were sure it was there's already.. I hope Mo is guna be OK if its concussion its usually a few days. Please god he's fine.

What will piss off City is that TAA wasn't sent off and we won. That's a marvellous thing.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #444: May 04, 2019 10:03:14 pm
      I'm absolutely knackered, and so will the boys!!

The next worry now - Barca rested every single of their playing XI today, even their GK!! And we have to field these boys who have ran miles and miles in another 72 hours. Adding to that, we are not gonna start with Bobby, Naby and may be Mo.

Rodgers, you better do a job on Monday!!
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #445: May 04, 2019 10:05:16 pm
      Rafa is a professional and he's paid to do a job and that's exactly what he has done. Strangely, we performed poorly and yet won the game. Not that I'm complaining. Common lets hammer these barca feckers and give them a game they will never forget. Score 2 early goals and barca will sh*t. If i'm klopp i'll do intensive shooting practice. Say, 10 shots, 3 went in, why not. Shooting from outside the box is the way to go.
      If firmino is out and salah will be a doubt I just can't see it. Need all 3 playing. Can't afford anymore knocks. Already stretched.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #446: May 04, 2019 10:06:18 pm
      Sturridge should never have started that game origi should have been in from the start. Said it from the kick off
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #447: May 04, 2019 10:07:13 pm
      Lovren is a car crash of a defender at times . His big problem as it was against Lukaku when he got bullied is that he never ever tries to get in front and he just gets caught behind the man every time

I've said it all along, he's full of brawn, that's all. He doesn't read the game well. He's the total opposite of Alan Hansen. I've always called him Mr. Panic. When he's in the team, expect a goal or 2 scored against us.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #448: May 04, 2019 10:09:05 pm
      Well, the one certain thing, is, we aren’t going to give up this chance of The Premier League without a fight. So, City bring it on, and come on Brendan and Leicester.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #449: May 04, 2019 10:10:40 pm
      Alderweireld has a 25mil release clause this summer. Imagine him/Gomez alongside VVD next season. Its time Lovren, Lallana et al are moved on.

This is the window to be ruthless. Pay up those release clauses. Toby, Bruno, Brandt, Pepe.. whomever. We need players who can change the game on its head when they come on. Too much reliance on the front-3. We've been lucky they've carried us this far.

Le Gargoyle
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #450: May 04, 2019 10:11:59 pm
      I've said it all along, he's full of brawn, that's all. He doesn't read the game well. He's the total opposite of Alan Hansen. I've always called him Mr. Panic. When he's in the team, expect a goal or 2 scored against us.

Sadly have to agree.  Don't think he lacks commitment or effort just not up to what's needed.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #451: May 04, 2019 10:12:24 pm
      That was always going to be hard even with Mo fit. 2 games in 4 days isn't easy, especially after a high intensity game against Barca where the circumstances would knock the stuffing out of anyone.

The Salah and Firmino injuries and the way our squad is built means Tuesday will now be a dead rubber. (If we can somehow get Brewster in the team I'd do that just to give the lad a run out) but it keeps us alive in the league to the final game.

That was a very big win considering the circumstances and somehow we found a way.

A few more sleepless nights for Pep and the child labourers if nothing else.
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #452: May 04, 2019 10:12:42 pm
      Don't agree with Souness that we were poor. Newcastle had nothing to lose and give Rafa a half decent team and he'll give you a tough match. We lost Mo, Bobby as well. Studge isn't the player he was. We were coming off the back of a great effort V Barca and we kept at it till the final whistle.

Wasn't our finest hour but we battled and fought against a team giving Rafa everything. We won the bleedin' game..taking the race to the brink...Sky and the rest should thank us from the bottom of their bank accounts..if it wasn't for us City would have fans switching off.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #453: May 04, 2019 10:17:02 pm
      Stress eating, stress drinking.

F***ing love the redmen.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #454: May 04, 2019 10:17:24 pm
      If firmino is out and salah will be a doubt I just can't see it. Need all 3 playing. Can't afford anymore knocks. Already stretched.

Hope the goals come from unfamiliar faces against barca. Everyone need to step up.
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #455: May 04, 2019 10:19:09 pm
      Mo is up and was watching the last few minutes..according to Sky. Maybe not so bad as if it was a head injury..he'd be off to hospital for a scan.

Probably out for Barca but main thing is he seems to be OK.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #456: May 04, 2019 10:21:01 pm
      Not listening to the analysis, but don't think we were *poor* [if that's what they're saying]. We weren't dominant, but still thought we were the better team. Had more possession, and the better chances, but didn't have as much creativity from middle as recent matches.

Once we loose guys out of our front 3, the standard drops a lot though.
      Miss Bobby, cause imho Studge is straight crap right now. Origi is no Mo, but he has pace and strength and gets on the end of important goals, would have him in ahead of Studge. Shaq looks a bit lost too when he comes on.
      Jürgen will go again in the summer.

So unlucky for Mo, injured in CL final last year, now might miss last two games this season. Tough for him..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #457: May 04, 2019 10:21:16 pm
      I am absolutely f***in shattered, why do we do this to ourselves ffs, what a win yet again, we keep doing it don’t we, dragging ourselves from the brink of disaster, if there is a god, he’ll see to it that Leicester play like Brazil on Monday, and I mean the football team and not that fat kunt on talkshite,

We were sh*te tonight, looked slow and lethargic at times, understandable considering the efforts midweek, this game should have happened tomorrow but brought forward to accommodate the semi 2nd leg,  it should have been left as it was and the second leg played on Wednesday, but of course the tw*ts that changed it didn’t want to lose out commercially the greedy kunts, Anyhoo, F**k them,

What a win tonight, what a fantastic 3pts.

Get the F**k in Redmen

YNWA
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #458: May 04, 2019 10:22:54 pm
      I was just thinking, is citeh's squad twice or thrice of ours on the books. If we had that kind of money to burn, we would have wrapped up the title by now. The final stage of the reconstruction of the team is to get rid of the dead woods, they're holding back the team and get some upgrades. I thought in today's game, we got over run in midfield. We really need a pure DM next season. We have too many neither here nor there midfielders. Said and done, a very well deserved win after that shattering defeat against barca, here e come again, barca and citeh. Hopefully, we hit one of the 2 jackpots.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #459: May 04, 2019 10:33:41 pm
      Here's a scenario - if City drop points on Monday, do you think Klopp will rest players against Barcelona and just keep everyone fresh for next weekend? Essentially sacrificing the champions league for the league.

Quick Reply