Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Alisson
      1 (0.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      28 (25%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      23 (20.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      30 (26.8%)
       Fabinho
      5 (4.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (4.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      16 (14.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      1 (0.9%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: May 08, 2019 09:42:24 pm

Newcastle United 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22042 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Newcastle United 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: May 05, 2019 06:49:09 am
      Awesome way of winning. Well done Reds for keeping our dream alive. Come on Brendan!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #507: May 05, 2019 07:55:10 am
      What an emotional win that was last night, was so pumped I couldn’t sleep till gone 1. We were absolutely down to the bare bones. Incredible effort to take it to the last week. I’m not sure there will be much in the tank for Barca on Tuesday night but fingers crossed Mo somehow gets clearance to play. I really don’t seeVity slipping because they have shown similar resolve to our lads but it’s been a hell of a season and I don’t think we’ll see a title race like this again. We are now 24 points ahead of Spurs in 3rd, that’s ridiculous.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #508: May 05, 2019 08:12:55 am
      We looked mentally tired last night, probably for the first time this season. Not surprising really after the effort we put in at the Nou Camp.
      Unbelievable spirit shown by the lads to keep fighting to the end. Brilliant win.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #509: May 05, 2019 08:24:13 am
      Agreed Billy, but their fans booing Mo off on a stretcher was bang out of order.

I was only referring to RAFA and not some of the Newcastle (arse hole) supporters.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #510: May 05, 2019 08:36:09 am
      You must have watched another game, Sturridge was terrible.

Kept giving the ball away and wasn't committed enough to even press like Firmino does.

Past his best.

"Like Firmino does.."

Perfectly explains your criticism right there.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #511: May 05, 2019 08:37:04 am
      What an emotional win that was last night, was so pumped I couldn’t sleep till gone 1. We were absolutely down to the bare bones. Incredible effort to take it to the last week. I’m not sure there will be much in the tank for Barca on Tuesday night but fingers crossed Mo somehow gets clearance to play. I really don’t seeVity slipping because they have shown similar resolve to our lads but it’s been a hell of a season and I don’t think we’ll see a title race like this again. We are now 24 points ahead of Spurs in 3rd, that’s ridiculous.

We were down to the bare bones, mate.  City players and staff watching the game at home on their TVs are getting really hopeful watching it, really believing that 'this is the one, here'. Then we pop up and scrape in late on and those hopes are crushed. Can't be a good feeling, that.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #512: May 05, 2019 08:40:10 am
      Quote from Harrisimo
      Don't agree with Souness that we were poor.

We won the bleedin' game..taking the race to the brink...Sky and the rest should thank us from the bottom of their bank accounts..

No they don't. The headline was written "The league will be decided this weekend", as if they are disappointed that "the greatest team the English league has ever seen...will win the league by a dozen points..." were supposed to win it a month ago, and now putting the finishing touches to a bash in front of their cameras, for this weekend. Whatever happens over the next week, the plastic party will be postponed. Instead they have to set out on the long trek to Brighton and get a result against a team they scraped into the cup final against on neutral ground, and we dug a hard fought win out of there. By contrast, our away programme is over, and our fate this season in both competitions, will be decided in our own ground, in front of our own fans, party or no party.

As for Souness, he was handed a ready made successful side when he arrived, but reckoned Torben Piechnik was a better option than Gary Gillespie, and Mike Marsh was able to better do what Ray Houghton was doing for years. It certainly was a time when having 94 points with a game remaining, was a rank  impossibility. So when he lashes out at how poor we've played, take what he says with a large pinch of salt.

Quote from billythered
      We were sh*te tonight, looked slow and lethargic at times, understandable considering the efforts midweek, this game should have happened tomorrow but brought forward to accommodate the semi 2nd leg,  it should have been left as it was and the second leg played on Wednesday, but of course the tw*ts that changed it didn’t want to lose out commercially the greedy kunts, Anyhoo, F**k them,

What a win tonight, what a fantastic 3pts.

Get the F**k in Redmen

YNWA

All that matters now is the win. Doesn't have to be free flowing football to entertain the neutrals. Nobody will care how it was done if the trophy comes home. We have won 10 games by one goal this season. That's 30 points alone won by scrapping results out when everyone else said we couldn't do it.

We played this game on the only date available. When that became the only option, it looked like it was going to be the 12.30ko, further limiting our prep time, so the time we were eventually given was the best available we could hope for. UEFA have their own schedule for the European Cup, and they don't change for anyone. Tuesday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Tuesday, with the exception of Days 2 and 3 of the group stage. That is a fixed schedule for the past 20 years, and no doubt will be for the next 20 years.

Just a note for the doubters, who had the obituaries written, prepped and ready for posting, until Origi showed up, and vanished off the face of the forum after he scored. Of course, a select few couldn't even wait that long.

One of the most famous expressions in the sport is "Never Write Off The Germans". German sides don't panic, they don't give up, and they usually find a way through even the most stubborn opposition, in the last minute if necessary.

The game lasts 90 minutes + injury time. It takes just a couple of seconds to put the ball in the net. We are resilient when we need to be and don't panic. One sub, one move, one cross, one shot, one header, one deflection, one opposition error, etc is all we need to win 3 points, and as we've shown against Everton, Spurs, Newcastle and others, if we have to dig a win out in the last minute, we can do that as well. We can play, we can entertain, we can fight, we can scrap, we can score, we can defend, we can pass teams off the park, we can pepper their box with 3 shots in 3 minutes if we really have to. And of course we have Anfield, now an impregnable fortress, where most opponents head home with nothing more than their bus fare.

We may be in the EPL, but for obvious reasons, we're now very Germanic in our style and how we go about winning games, and that's why as a team, we can now finally see the top of the mountain.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #513: May 05, 2019 09:05:12 am
      If Brendon do us a favour I would sacrifice the UCL for Sunday for sure. We need to be fully fit if tomorrow ends in our favour!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #514: May 05, 2019 09:30:33 am
      Agreed Billy, but their fans booing Mo off on a stretcher was bang out of order.

A minority are classless cu*ts who let their club down.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #515: May 05, 2019 09:44:07 am

Was disappointing - to be honest I still think there’s an element of casual racism in that as much as football tribalism.

In fairness there were a lotta fans applauding and Rafa went over to him too.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #516: May 05, 2019 09:45:07 am
      "Like Firmino does.."

Perfectly explains your criticism right there.

:lmao:

If you don't see the work Firmino puts on the pitch then that's your issue. Sturridge was mostly falling on the ground trying to win fouls and let players get past him easily without him tracking back and trying to defend. He also missed a sitter.

Yet to you he had a ''great game''...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #517: May 05, 2019 10:09:27 am
      I can’t see city losing to Leicester, they’ve been too strong in the league to throw it away in their last home game of the season.

Plus I read a stat somewhere that Barcelona beat Real to the title by 1 point with both teams hitting 90+ points, so old Pep know’s what he’s doing in this space.

But what a performance and season from Liverpool, you can’t ask for any more than that (shame we couldn’t have a domestic cup run)

It will be devastating to not have a trophy after a wonderful season, with every c**t in every office and social media taking the piss out of Liverpool and their no trophies - but F**k them, I’ve enjoyed nearly every single game this season, how many fans can say that about their team?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #518: May 05, 2019 10:11:41 am
      If Brendon do us a favour I would sacrifice the UCL for Sunday for sure. We need to be fully fit if tomorrow ends in our favour!

If by some minor miracle Leicester do us a favour then it’s got to be the reserves on Tuesday night.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #519: May 05, 2019 10:20:50 am
      If by some minor miracle Leicester do us a favour then it’s got to be the reserves on Tuesday night.

Exactly.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #520: May 05, 2019 10:45:50 am
      I can’t see city losing to Leicester, they’ve been too strong in the league to throw it away in their last home game of the season.

Plus I read a stat somewhere that Barcelona beat Real to the title by 1 point with both teams hitting 90+ points, so old Pep know’s what he’s doing in this space.

But what a performance and season from Liverpool, you can’t ask for any more than that (shame we couldn’t have a domestic cup run)

It will be devastating to not have a trophy after a wonderful season, with every c**t in every office and social media taking the piss out of Liverpool and their no trophies - but f**k them, I’ve enjoyed nearly every single game this season, how many fans can say that about their team?

Hell of a ride bro..
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #521: May 05, 2019 11:25:33 am
      Can mo play Tuesday ?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #522: May 05, 2019 11:36:53 am

Walked onto the team bus last night...bit of good kip overnight and he’ll be raring to go Tuesday to crack a hatrick in...👊🏼
      Kopite78
      Reply #523: May 05, 2019 11:40:08 am
      Walked onto the team bus last night...bit of good kip overnight and he’ll be raring to go Tuesday to crack a hatrick in...👊🏼

If it's concussion then the decision won't be the manager's or Mo's
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #524: May 05, 2019 11:50:51 am
      Took 3 weeks to recover from concussion I had before.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #525: May 05, 2019 12:06:13 pm
      Took 3 weeks to recover from concussion I had before.

3 weeks?

You post like your still suffering concussion...🤔
      +12
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #526: May 05, 2019 12:17:59 pm
      :lmao:

If you don't see the work Firmino puts on the pitch then that's your issue. Sturridge was mostly falling on the ground trying to win fouls and let players get past him easily without him tracking back and trying to defend. He also missed a sitter.

Yet to you he had a ''great game''...

I thought Sturridge had a decent game, considering he's hardly played.
      He drifted in and out of the game, which I'd expect given his lack of minutes, but he also played some good passes, was pretty energetic about closing down, and helped create a goal out of nothing for Salah.

Not a great game, but decent imo
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #527: May 05, 2019 12:21:59 pm
      3 weeks?

You post like your still suffering concussion...🤔

Beat me to it 🙂
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #528: May 05, 2019 12:31:04 pm
      Few trying to call Fab out for diving to get the free kick but he was fouled..a foul is a foul..if a player keeps his balance the ref might not give it. Fab was impeded..he went over..foul..the linesman gave it and he was a 3/4 feet away.

Quick Reply