Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Alisson
      1 (0.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      28 (25%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      23 (20.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      30 (26.8%)
       Fabinho
      5 (4.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (4.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      16 (14.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      1 (0.9%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: May 08, 2019 09:42:24 pm

Newcastle United 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22412 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Re: Newcastle United 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: May 05, 2019 10:31:10 pm
      So getting back to the forthcoming games. Having been sacked by Liverpool, does Brendan now put out a weak side v city, or alter tactics to lessen their chances, just to piss us off, or will he go for it full on hoping for a place in next seasons europa league ?
      Any opinions on this ?
      Kopite78
      Reply #553: May 05, 2019 10:37:31 pm
      So getting back to the forthcoming games. Having been sacked by Liverpool, does Brendan now put out a weak side v city, or alter tactics to lessen their chances, just to piss us off, or will he go for it full on hoping for a place in next seasons europa league ?
      Any opinions on this ?

He will try to win the game for himself and Leicester

We won't be in his thinking

These professionals aren't as emotional about it as us
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #554: May 05, 2019 11:24:02 pm
      He will try to win the game for himself and Leicester

We won't be in his thinking

These professionals aren't as emotional about it as us

I would hope so, but we’ll never really know what he’s thinking will we. 🤷‍♂️
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #555: May 06, 2019 02:25:15 am
      Get the f**k innnnnnn.

Set the alarm for 4.30am for 4.45 KO. Woke up and it was 6am ...f**k missed the whole 1st Half.

Ran downstairs, turned on the telly, saw it was HT and we were winning so went outside for the usual game ritual.

Watching the 2nd half and those cu*ts scored for 2-2. Tears rolling down my eyes, couldn't believe at the time, that we could be saying goodbye to the Title today, so walked outside at the 70 minute mark, destroyed, pulled a couple of cones, took a deep breath and walked back inside.  Watched, waited, hoped and prayed and then f**king Origgggggggggiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii , you little f**king beauty. Was shitting myself for the rest of the match but when that final whistle went, I went f**king nuts!!!!

On to the game ( I watched a replay of the first half later in the day) .....was surprised when Rafa lined up with 5-4-1 but more surprised he started with Rondon and Perez when he left them out in the Anfield match. Maybe he made up for that by leaving Jonjo on the bench. You know, he might have had that same feeling of 'that player' who could come back to bite their old Club on the arses and he didn't want that scenario, so left him out. (That's what I like to think anyways, so maybe Rafa did do us a small favour, without the whole world actually realizing it!!)

Loved Trent's 2 assists, now on an equal par with Robbo and that's just insane.

Loved VVD's unmarked header, brilliantly headed downwards so the Keeper had no chance.

Loved Mo's goal with his non preferred foot.

Loved how VVD told Shaq to take that free kick. What f**king Leadership that was.

Loved how Divock has those Dreadlocks long enough to get a glance on to that header onto the Defenders head and into the back of the net.

Loved the final result!!!

I am so proud of our Boys, never give in, never give up and never lie down

Would have loved to have seen those Manc cu*ts faces when Origi nodded home. They would have been demoralized. Let's hope Brendan, Jamie Vardy, Maddison and that huge f**ker Maguire have monster games and get the win or the very least a draw to set us on the way to Number 19.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #556: May 06, 2019 03:24:23 am
      Above all things Brendan is a professional and will set up his team to try and win. Just like Rafa did.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #557: May 06, 2019 04:15:59 am
      Lallana think his best days are behind him. He become the new sturridge with all these muscle injuries.

If it's me I would try all cost to send Adam on loan to West Brom once he fit enough. Danny came back after loan there and never look a fragile flower again  >:D
      Not because I rate Adam that much but can't imagine life without that Cruyff turns if Klopp let him go  ;D

Seriously it's just one of an entertain game this season. That our ex boy Manquillo has a decent look I would say he's better than our Alberto already. Only bad thing is Mo injury. Well done boss and boys,  COYR :scarf:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #558: May 07, 2019 10:57:13 am
      What a game this was.

What a team we have.

YNWA
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024