Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool (0) v (3) Barcelona - UEFA CL Semi-Final Leg2 Tue 7 May 8pm

Read 12344 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool (0) v (3) Barcelona Champs League Semi-Final Tuesday 7th May 20:00KO
      Reply #46: May 06, 2019 02:03:27 pm
      Yep,  sometimes i do tend to talk out of my arse, yours is a much more sensible option ,  i don't even think Rhian is registered as a  CL squad player anyway,  plz forgive my inane drivel,  it's that time year you know when my two brain cells re-align themselves 😜

YNWA

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2019/clubs/club=7889/squad/
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Re: Liverpool (0) v (3) Barcelona Champs League Semi-Final Tuesday 7th May 20:00KO
      Reply #47: May 06, 2019 02:06:27 pm
      VVD playing as striker?

Don't forget:
      At the beginning of his time in the first team we actually used him as a striker, first and foremost, especially at the end of games when we were looking for a goal,” Tim Sparv, who was with Van Dijk at Groningen, says.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #48: May 06, 2019 02:07:49 pm
      Will mo and bobby be back for our last game v wolves. I think protocol is 7 days rest so Mo be cleared to play Sunday. I'm not sure I'm hoping.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #49: May 06, 2019 02:09:42 pm
      Will mo and bobby be back for our last game v wolves. I think protocol is 7 days rest so Mo be cleared to play Sunday. I'm not sure I'm hoping.

Klopp said mo will be fine for sunday
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #50: May 06, 2019 02:19:27 pm
      Will the starting line be different against Barcelona tomorrow if LC get a point or three against City today? Asking for a friend!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #51: May 06, 2019 02:25:57 pm
      Will the starting line be different against Barcelona tomorrow if LC get a point or three against City today? Asking for a friend!

why would it be?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #52: May 06, 2019 02:29:07 pm

I don't know why it would, we have plenty of time for players to recover before the next game.

Does anyone know if Lallana is healthy? I know he was out a few weeks back, but I actually think he and Ox pairing with Hendo or Milner in the middle and then Shaq, Sturridge and Mane up top could give us a different dynamic and they are all capable of producing.

It looks bleak I know, but maybe we turn our disadvantage into an advantage? I'm sure Barca have been preparing for the last couple of weeks to play a team with Mo and Bobby and with us playing a certain way. We are likely to have a vastly different lineup and possibly formation..may be able to mix them up a bit. Anyway, I've got for 6-0 to us in the prediction league.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #53: May 06, 2019 02:39:48 pm
      I don't know why it would, we have plenty of time for players to recover before the next game.

Does anyone know if Lallana is healthy? I know he was out a few weeks back, but I actually think he and Ox pairing with Hendo or Milner in the middle and then Shaq, Sturridge and Mane up top could give us a different dynamic and they are all capable of producing.

It looks bleak I know, but maybe we turn our disadvantage into an advantage? I'm sure Barca have been preparing for the last couple of weeks to play a team with Mo and Bobby and with us playing a certain way. We are likely to have a vastly different lineup and possibly formation..may be able to mix them up a bit. Anyway, I've got for 6-0 to us in the prediction league.
      , 6-0"to us or 6-0 to barca
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #54: May 06, 2019 03:52:03 pm
      If City drop points today we'll not even bother with CL. We don't have the team for both anymore.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #55: May 06, 2019 03:57:46 pm

Cheers mate,  he might get on the bench,  could even call up young Curtis too.

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #56: May 06, 2019 04:05:48 pm
      If City drop points today we'll not even bother with CL. We don't have the team for both anymore.

What on earth are you talking about, who exactly would you rest against Barcelona and why?? We have 4 days off between Barca and Wolves, our final game of the season. If by some miracle we get past Barca we then have 2 weeks until the CL final by which time all our players should be full of energy.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #57: May 06, 2019 04:11:26 pm
      Klopp confirms mo and Bobby out tomorrow, but adds Mo will be available vs. Wolves (which subtly infers that Bobby will not be).

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #58: May 06, 2019 04:17:50 pm
      No big virgil or ox in training
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #59: May 06, 2019 04:22:43 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #60: May 06, 2019 04:23:37 pm
      What on earth are you talking about, who exactly would you rest against Barcelona and why?? We have 4 days off between Barca and Wolves, our final game of the season. If by some miracle we get past Barca we then have 2 weeks until the CL final by which time all our players should be full of energy.
      Salah and Firmino are out, that's a fact. Virgil didn't attend training, if I had to make the difficult choice to not use key players to make sure to have a team capable of defeating Wolves, I'd do that. However if City don't drop points today winning the league will be unlikely, so I'd go all out against Barcelona. Believe it or not we don't have a large squad, the only reason we managed with what we have is because we dropped out cups early. If you are asking who I would rest, Van Dijk if he's not 100%. Wolves are no walkovers.
      « Last Edit: May 06, 2019 04:28:07 pm by Ribapuru »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #61: May 06, 2019 04:28:43 pm
      Klopp confirms mo and Bobby out tomorrow, but adds Mo will be available vs. Wolves (which subtly infers that Bobby will not be).

Already had a mountain to climb, in this return leg against Barcelona. Seemingly the mountain appears to get larger and larger.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #62: May 06, 2019 04:29:51 pm
      Noticed how he said can and not will. Can be available doesn't sound 100%. If City drop any points we must play our best XI against wolves, even if that means resting Van Dijk against Barca.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #63: May 06, 2019 04:31:01 pm
      Well well well. This is a right royal kick in the balls. In all fairness to Firmino and Salah, they are usually bulletproof but this once again goes to highlight how much we need to strengthen our Squad.

Natural like for like replacements are Sturridge and Origi, nowhere near good enough at the elite level of competition.

I don't have a clue who Klopp will deploy but i'd go with this team.

Alisson in goal, van Dijk & Joe Gomez as centre backs, Alexander Arnold & Robertson as full backs, Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Henderson in the middle, with Henderson as the link man.

As far as the front three goes i'd go with Shaqiri on the right, Oxlade Chamberlain on the left and Mane down the middle.

That's about as dangerous a team as i can think of with what we have left.

Have no doubt i'll be completely wrong though.  :D :D :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #64: May 06, 2019 04:33:59 pm
      Well well well. This is a right royal kick in the balls. In all fairness to Firmino and Salah, they are usually bulletproof but this once again goes to highlight how much we need to strengthen our Squad.

Natural like for like replacements are Sturridge and Origi, nowhere near good enough at the elite level of competition.

I don't have a clue who Klopp will deploy but i'd go with this team.

Alisson in goal, van Dijk & Joe Gomez as centre backs, Alexander Arnold & Robertson as full backs, Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Henderson in the middle, with Henderson as the link man.

As far as the front three goes i'd go with Shaqiri on the right, Oxlade Chamberlain on the right and Mane down the middle.

That's about as dangerous a team as i can think of with what we have left.

Have no doubt i'll be completely wrong though.  :D :D :D

Sturridge
      Shaqiri                  Mane

Best 3 available, but if anything happened to Mane we might not be able to beat Wolves.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #65: May 06, 2019 04:36:14 pm
      Not sure about being fit to go from the start. He is coming off a major knee injury and was out for a year. I think he is only a sub option for this season.
      « Last Edit: May 07, 2019 12:19:44 am by Robby The Z »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #66: May 06, 2019 04:42:56 pm
      I think the already slim chances of success have hit the skids totally now. That being said I hope Anfield is in celebratory mood tomorrow whatever the result today and tomorrow. The lads deserve recognition for their season.

I just hope we give them a game now as a one off game forgetting the 3-0 deficit.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #67: May 06, 2019 04:45:35 pm
      Noticed how he said can and not will. Can be available doesn't sound 100%. If City drop any points we must play our best XI against wolves, even if that means resting Van Dijk against Barca.

Because Klopp picks the team, not a club spokesperson.

The tweet is coming from a 3rd party.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #68: May 06, 2019 04:45:48 pm
      Not sure about of being fit to go from the start. He is coming off a major knee injury and was out for a year. I think he is only a sun option for this season.
      Salah be back for wolves protocol I thought is only six days. So he can train Sat play Sunday

Quick Reply