Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool (0) v (3) Barcelona - UEFA CL Semi-Final Leg2 Tue 7 May 8pm

Read 12324 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Re: Liverpool (0) v (3) Barcelona Champs League Semi-Final Tuesday 7th May 20:00KO
      Reply #69: May 06, 2019 04:52:26 pm
      Just try and win on the night, those two injuries have probably ended whatever tiny chance we did have of turning the tie around.

Getting a feeling Brewster might be in line for a shock start.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Liverpool (0) v (3) Barcelona Champs League Semi-Final Tuesday 7th May 20:00KO
      Reply #70: May 06, 2019 05:03:55 pm
      What a torture this game will be. The thought of those 2 snakes Coutinho and Suarez celebrating going to the CL final at Anfield is nauseating.

As for us, not having Salah and Firmino is obviously a big blow, and makes my fears come to life when all season i was concerned about the depth up front outside of the front 3, and here we are needing to score in bunches without 2 big assets, particularly Bobby who is the engine of the offense. 

I'd go with

Alisson
      Arnold - Matip - VVD - Robertson
      Fabinho
      Hendo - Shaqiri
      Sturridge - Origi - Mane

I think we need all the offensive players we have and hope our CBs and Alisson pull off a monumental game to keep them off the score sheet.

Given the 3-0 lead they have i expect Barcelona to sit back so that's why i think Sturridge is helpful, because his ability to pass or shoot is an asset in tight spaces. Origi has earned the starting spot for this game and i like him better centrally than on the wings.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #71: May 06, 2019 05:09:59 pm
      What a torture this game will be. The thought of those 2 snakes Coutinho and Suarez celebrating going to the CL final at Anfield is nauseating.

As for us, not having Salah and Firmino is obviously a big blow, and makes my fears come to life when all season i was concerned about the depth up front outside of the front 3, and here we are needing to score in bunches without 2 big assets, particularly Bobby who is the engine of the offense. 

I'd go with

Alisson
      Arnold - Matip - VVD - Robertson
      Fabinho
      Hendo - Shaqiri
      Sturridge - Origi - Mane

I think we need all the offensive players we have and hope our CBs and Alisson pull off a monumental game to keep them off the score sheet.

Given the 3-0 lead they have i expect Barcelona to sit back so that's why i think Sturridge is helpful, because his ability to pass or shoot is an asset in tight spaces. Origi has earned the starting spot for this game and i like him better centrally than on the wings.

Exactly - if it aint happening then I’m turning off before the final whistle.

Those two F***ing dirty snakes smiling and laughing will F***ing kill me
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #72: May 06, 2019 05:13:22 pm
      Exactly - if it aint happening then I’m turning off before the final whistle.

Those two f**king dirty snakes smiling and laughing will f**king kill me

and some of the clowns on this board would probably bring a "please come back" sign with them to Anfield. Infuriating.

Really need a miracle on Tuesday, but never say never.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #73: May 06, 2019 06:10:45 pm
      Salah be back for wolves protocol I thought is only six days. So he can train Sat play Sunday

Is the time span re recovery time that set in stone? Doesn't it come down to each player and the doctors?

I agree Salah should play vs Wolves, but is there an actual rule of 5 days or 6 days or whatever?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #74: May 06, 2019 06:12:50 pm
      Just try and win on the night, those two injuries have probably ended whatever tiny chance we did have of turning the tie around.

Hasn't played a minute w the first team. That would indeed be a shock.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #75: May 06, 2019 06:24:48 pm

i was gonna post about Brewster but didn't  fancy the crazy talk backlash!
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #76: May 06, 2019 06:55:41 pm
      Maybe it's a plus but Dembele is out for Barca. I think he would have started to cause us problems on the counter attack. Surely we will go for it even more now.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #77: May 06, 2019 07:01:59 pm
      No Salah, no problem. In our CL history, we've had all the unlikely goalscorers. Sinama-Pongolle, Mellor, Smicer etc. Someone will rise up from within to get us the goals. Need I say more? 
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #78: May 06, 2019 07:03:51 pm
      No Salah, no problem. In our CL history, we've had all the unlikely goalscorers. Sinama-Pongolle, Mellor, Smicer etc. Someone will rise up from within to get us the goals. Need I say more? 

Matip with a scorpion kick or Brewster goal off his arse.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #79: May 06, 2019 07:17:46 pm
      We can hurt them from 3 set pieces..

We can do this.. 👊🏼
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #80: May 06, 2019 08:00:25 pm
      No, but they f***in beat City... go and lay down & rest that concussed head of yours..

7 days no posting then
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool (0) v (3) Barcelona - UEFA CL Semi-Final Leg2 Tue 7 May 8pm
      Reply #81: May 06, 2019 10:49:27 pm
      Devastated with the loss of Salah and firmino. I love jurgens attitude though. It's 11 men v 11 men. Anything can F***ing happen. And we have the magic of Anfield. Doesn't matter who goes out there tomorrow, the ground will be electric.

For me the team picks itself.

Alisson

Trent
      Matip
      VVD
      Robbo

Fabinho
      Gini
      Hendo

Ox
      Shaqiri
      Mane

And we'll F***ing do these 4-0.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool (0) v (3) Barcelona - UEFA CL Semi-Final Leg2 Tue 7 May 8pm
      Reply #82: May 06, 2019 10:54:46 pm
      Devastated with the loss of Salah and firmino. I love jurgens attitude though. It's 11 men v 11 men. Anything can f**king happen. And we have the magic of Anfield. Doesn't matter who goes out there tomorrow, the ground will be electric.

For me the team picks itself.

Alisson

Trent
      Matip
      VVD
      Robbo

Fabinho
      Gini
      Hendo

Ox
      Shaqiri
      Mane

And we'll f**king do these 4-0.

Unfortunately it sounds like Ox picked up a slight knock and won't start. Our luck just continues to get better.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #83: May 06, 2019 11:15:20 pm
      Just don’t start Sturridge up top or we are essentially starting the game a man down with the amount of use he is. Put Origi through the middle and then Mane and Shaq either side. At least with Origi he will try and make life difficult for Pique and Lenglet.

Sounds like Brewster will be making his debut in this game.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #84: May 06, 2019 11:48:00 pm
      Right now I cannot summon up any enthusiasm for this game, so sick with Citeh scraping yet another 1-0 against a team who think defending deep will work.
      I'm sure I'll be up for it tomorrow but right now I just feel numb.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #85: May 06, 2019 11:58:07 pm
      Right now I cannot summon up any enthusiasm for this game, so sick with Citeh scraping yet another 1-0 against a team who think defending deep will work.
      I'm sure I'll be up for it tomorrow but right now I just feel numb.

Yep...just gutted, pretty sure the boys will be too. Don't even want to think about Barca game anymore. God doesn't want us to win sh*t!
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #86: May 07, 2019 12:34:33 am
      i think this will be horrible. 'what might have been' will just be on my mind all the way through....
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #87: May 07, 2019 12:45:03 am

Yep...just gutted, pretty sure the boys will be too. Don't even want to think about Barca game anymore. God doesn't want us to win sh*t!

Actually I think Jürgen has the team in a great frame of mind. "Shock Barca or fail beautifully" is the challenge he has given them. I think they will be very relaxed and put in another good performance.  Heavy odds against winning the tie I know, but watch them give us a good show. And then on the weekend, still all to play for. All we can do is keep winning.
      « Last Edit: May 07, 2019 03:08:30 am by Robby The Z »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #88: May 07, 2019 12:50:44 am

You were absolutely right about Brewster.

Klopp mentions a game he managed for Dortmund against Real Madrid, where they made eight changes from the first leg (3-0 loss) and it threw Real off and Dortmund won 2-0 and in his mind should have won. I don't know that we'll see this,, odds are against it of course, but I really think he has the team in a good frame of mind despite the odds being against us in both competitions.

One thing we miss with Mo and Bobby out is out-and-out quickness in the forward third. Origi has pace if given time and space to pick up a head of steam, but he and Sturridge are not really dart-like in close spaces (like Mane is). I've only seen Brewster in highlights but I think he might bring this element (and yes, Shaquiri would as well) and that could be useful if Barca are playing a bit defensively with the big lead.

So proud of this team's performance regardless of what happens the rest of the week.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #89: May 07, 2019 01:33:40 am
      Still can't even bring my mind around to this game after what happened this morning with City.

Can only imagine how the lads must be feeling. Shattered like us!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #90: May 07, 2019 02:20:10 am
      We’ve scored for fun in the past. Yes we don’t have Mo or Bobby, but you just never know. Hopefully Anfield will be at its raucous best and we will just have to see what happens.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #91: May 07, 2019 03:19:53 am
      Istanbul was more impossible and that happen. The odds are stacked against us, but anything is possible in Anfield on a European night. An early goal will bring the kop to life and maybe it makes their back 4 a little nervy. Shaq, Origi, Brewster, and Studge will do everything in their power to ensure we sing songs of the night the Reds misfits shocked the world and beat Messi.

Much crazier things have happen in this game. I'll hold out hope for tomorrow and Sunday. I mean why not?

Quick Reply