Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool (0) v (3) Barcelona - UEFA CL Semi-Final Leg2 Tue 7 May 8pm

Read 12320 times
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool (0) v (3) Barcelona - UEFA CL Semi-Final Leg2 Tue 7 May 8pm
      Reply #115: May 07, 2019 03:05:02 pm
      Allison

TAA
      Gomez
      VVD
      Robbo

Hendo
      Fabinho

Big Shaq
      Ox
      Origi

Mane

All out attack, bring in Origi, Ox and Shaq. Sorry no space for Sturridge.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool (0) v (3) Barcelona - UEFA CL Semi-Final Leg2 Tue 7 May 8pm
      Reply #116: May 07, 2019 03:19:21 pm
      All out attack!

Allison
      Trent        Gomez          Virgil        Robbo
                               Fabinho
                    Chamberlain       Keita
       Mane                 Brewster             Origi

You know like how you can have a runner in cricket when your crocked, that’s how I picture this lineup with a physio trailing after Keita (plus bed), Ox and Brewster!
      « Last Edit: May 07, 2019 04:30:24 pm by Scottbot »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #117: May 07, 2019 03:24:38 pm
      Is it too much to ask to be at least 2 nil up at HT.

Come on please the gods of footi let it happen.

YNWA

UP THE REDS
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #118: May 07, 2019 03:24:44 pm
      With all the absences it will be a mountain to climb. So onwards and upwards!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #119: May 07, 2019 03:25:15 pm
      Allison

TAA
      Gomez
      VVD
      Robbo

Hendo
      Fabinho

Big Shaq
      Ox
      Origi

Mane

All out attack, bring in Origi, Ox and Shaq. Sorry no space for Sturridge.

I like your team and would sub Henderson if we're draw at half time for Brewster.
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #120: May 07, 2019 03:55:36 pm
      Liverpool will use a one-off goalkeeper shirt for tonight's Champions League semi-final, second leg with Barcelona.

Alisson Becker is set to sport an alloy-coloured jersey, produced by New Balance, for the Anfield affair due to the regular ‘keeper strips clashing with the kits of Barcelona and the match officials.

However, supporters should note that this is a one-off shirt and will not be available for purchase.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/349444-liverpool-to-wear-special-goalkeeper-jersey-against-barcelona
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #121: May 07, 2019 03:57:50 pm
      I like your team and would sub Henderson if we're draw at half time for Brewster.
      These barca players got away with barging shirt pulling but we're too honest to make a fuss. Barca and real last year didn't get touched yet are rolling round players in refs faces demanding cards. It awful to see but if that's the way to win we need to be doing that as well.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #122: May 07, 2019 04:07:02 pm
      Had a crazy thought in work today, hattrick from Virgil, that would be something.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #123: May 07, 2019 04:41:13 pm
      The odds are heavily against us tonight and rightly so given who we are playing, and the score line. So I am more interested in how we line up tonight, given the injuries to Firmino and Salah, and how we perform as a team with out them.

I always say that the only team that can beat Barca', are Barca', and if we go through tonight it will be more a case of not how we played as how Barca' did not....

We need the football Gods with us tonight and Barca' not to turn up 
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #124: May 07, 2019 04:46:16 pm
      All out attack!

Allison
                               Fabinho
                    Chamberlain       Keita
       Mane                 Brewster             Origi

Positive line up, but I think we need Shaqiri in there just to provide some pin point and quality passes
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #125: May 07, 2019 04:52:19 pm
      Positive line up, but I think we need Shaqiri in there just to provide some pin point and quality passes

Very positive line up given Keita is ruled out for the rest of the season...
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #126: May 07, 2019 04:55:04 pm
      The odds are heavily against us tonight and rightly so given who we are playing, and the score line. So I am more interested in how we line up tonight, given the injuries to Firmino and Salah, and how we perform as a team with out them.

I always say that the only team that can beat Barca', are Barca', and if we go through tonight it will be more a case of not how we played as how Barca' did not....

Bollox....the only team that can beat Barca is Barca....if we had taken our chances we would be up going into this leg.

Give our lads some credit.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #127: May 07, 2019 04:59:06 pm
      I'm going for a 5-1 win
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #128: May 07, 2019 04:59:06 pm
      Bollox....the only team that can beat Barca is Barca....if we had taken our chances we would be up going into this leg.

Give our lads some credit.

Correct last weeks game could easily have been 3-3 on another day, or 3-2 to us etc.

They took thier chances we never, if we create the same chances tonight and take them, its game on.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #129: May 07, 2019 05:05:59 pm
      Need some inspiration to go out to the pub for this,turn out for the last couple of games has kinda done me in.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #130: May 07, 2019 05:07:36 pm
      I feel so deflated - season is over for me which is such an awful mindset.

Hope the players are more optimistic than me!
      Kopite78
      Reply #131: May 07, 2019 05:26:04 pm
      I feel so deflated - season is over for me which is such an awful mindset.

Hope the players are more optimistic than me!

I reckon they undoubtedly are

Can't understand it myself
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #132: May 07, 2019 05:26:21 pm
      Im off to pub. very soon.

Shall check back in tmrw online.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #133: May 07, 2019 05:37:43 pm
      Last time we came back from 3-0 down we only needed 45 minutes.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #134: May 07, 2019 05:41:25 pm
      Head says no. Heart says you never know.
      Love that Jürgen is giving Brewster a run in a CL semi-final :) The boss has balls of steel.
      Still gutted after last night, so want something for this group of players this season.
      This would be up there with the loaves and the fishes, but hope the crowd get behind the lads and make a shitload of noise and we put in a true LFC European Cup home performance :)
      Need the tempo through the roof to unsettle Barca, and if we get off to a good start, you never know.
      CMON BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #135: May 07, 2019 05:48:43 pm
      It's a tough ask but it's far from impossible tonight.

The lads will be well up for this no question and an early goal will really get the crowd going.

Line up wise it's hard to say how Jürgen will go but I'd play Mane through the middle with Shaqiri and Origi either side, unless he wants to thro Brewster in. Don't see it as a Sturridge game.

In midfield it's Fabinho and two others and for me I'd definitely go with Hendo but not sure about the third.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #136: May 07, 2019 05:49:46 pm

Utter f***in Pish, ' who we are playing ' it seems that despite all of our history in this competition we are still considered inferior to the likes of Barcelona,  well F**k that, attitudes like thus piss me off, let me remind you that only RM, AC Milan,Bayern M can match or better our achievements in this competition, 
      They might be a big fish in Europe but aren't we ?

We are not inferior to them, never f***in have been imo, they might get the better of us on this occasion and i emphasise might, but previous to last week we were the only team to beat them at the Nou Camp.. twice...

As a aside, why don't we have 5 stars above the Liverbird on our shirt, indicating our wins, other teams display their stars so why not us,
      Can anyone explain?

YNWA

Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #137: May 07, 2019 05:59:19 pm
                               Allison
                               Fabinho
                    Ox                    Shaqiri
       Mane                  Sturridge          Brewster

Liverpool to win on penalties. COYR.

Quick Reply