Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Barcelona?

Alisson
      31 (18.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      30 (17.6%)
      Joel Matip
      7 (4.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.2%)
       Fabinho
      24 (14.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      9 (5.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      32 (18.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (2.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      29 (17.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Voting closed: May 11, 2019 09:55:29 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 70021 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #966: May 08, 2019 02:59:08 pm
      How ironic that its the champions league final and its in Madrid the fuckers that used illegal tactics to make sure we wouldn't last year. Before salah went off we were on top. Be even sweeter to win it in there ground.

You do realise that the Final is at Atletico Madrid's  new ground and not the Berny Bow ? 😂

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #967: May 08, 2019 03:04:07 pm

That's what we should have been doing but some here  just will find any excuse to pick on people and seem to be not happy unless they are doing so...

This has taken some of the shine off of what should be a great day

Without Prejudice

Touche, mate, some on here continue to spout sh*te, be disrespectful to other posters and genuinely do their level best to drag them down with their negative bullshit undertones,
      Perhaps the mods had had enough,

Just saying like !!

YNWA
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #968: May 08, 2019 03:06:16 pm
      I used to say I'd have him back just because of how good he is, but not after this. I wouldn't let him clean the club toilets if he begged.
      We are way past him.

Is other’s problem.
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2019 03:10:26 pm by nikos »
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #969: May 08, 2019 03:06:25 pm
      Jürgen is a pretty cool customer but I think last night was the first time I've really looked at him and thought the emotion of it all has touched him here, beautiful scenes
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #970: May 08, 2019 03:12:47 pm

Without Prejudice

Touche, mate, some on here continue to spout sh*te, be disrespectful to other posters and genuinely do their level best to drag them down with their negative bullshit undertones,
      Perhaps the mods had had enough,

Just saying like !!

YNWA

"Some" people only logged on last night to jeer, bring people down, and generlly piss on the chips of those who actually support the club.

You could see "some" people were actually gutted we got a great win, because it spoiled their planned activity of non stop F***ing whinging, and slagging off the players and manager.

It was a F***ing brilliant night, and even though I wasn't there, with the light turned off, the TV cranked up, a couple of mates, 2 of my sons and a load of booze, it was one of the best football nights I've ever had.

This is why we support Liverpool; because it embodies the spirit of a great city, that never gives up, never says die and gives everything to those who love it.
      We're a special club, and F**k the begrudgers.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #971: May 08, 2019 03:14:46 pm

We certainly are mate. We're on the way to "building a dynasty" as Klopp once said.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #972: May 08, 2019 03:16:42 pm
      It was going to take a great performance on our end and poor performance on Barca end to make the final and that is exactly what happen last night. We got the early goal we needed to put doubt in Barca mind, manage the first half well not giving away too many chances and when we did Alisson was there to back the club off. Second half we really took over and the big thing was took our chances when giving them and off to the final we go.

Amazing stat that under Klopp we are yet to lose to 2 legged tie in Europe but now it is time to deliver a nice piece of silverware which has been long overdue while under his management.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #973: May 08, 2019 03:26:45 pm
      We certainly are mate. We're on the way to "building a dynasty" as Klopp once said.
      In which figures like his will have no place.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #974: May 08, 2019 03:33:39 pm
      Never realized how much of an asshole Suarez was. He disrespected our players and the Club that called him family.  He deserved this loss.

We're lucky he didn't physically bite any of us although he did kick Robbo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #975: May 08, 2019 03:38:15 pm
      After such a defeat, you can guarantee that if it was us, we’d still be together as a team and try to battle through it. Barca like that? Not a chance, they even fu**ed off to catch their flight and left Messi behind at Anfield whilst he was having a random drugs test. What a way to treat your greatest ever player...make him have to sort his own way back to Spain because they all want to run away and hide.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #976: May 08, 2019 03:40:15 pm
      We're lucky he didn't physically bite any of us
      Matter of time relapsing into it after what befell him last night.
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2019 03:45:14 pm by nikos »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #977: May 08, 2019 03:53:04 pm
      Not kidding. That was the best night on the Kop I've ever witnessed last night. The levels of heart, passion, belief and togetherness can not be replicated by any other club in the world.

What a F***ing result! Barca were rocked to their core. They looked scared. All's they could do was try to pass the ball around but we made them look clueless. And Barca are a very decent side.

I've loved reading over the reaction in this thread. Is right!

Bring Wolves on!
      +10
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #978: May 08, 2019 03:55:02 pm
      Maybe not the right thread to post this but are we the most attractive club/project to join in the world right now?

Every player around Europe would have watched that game last night and who the F**k wouldn't want to sign for us?

Our fans are special. Our stadium is special. Our manager is special. And our team is special.

I'm not saying I want him by any means, but the likes of Eden hazard for example should be on the phone to his agent saying get me a F***ing move to Liverpool right now.

Look how good we are and the frightening thing is, there is actually room for improvement.

What a time to be a red.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #979: May 08, 2019 04:25:19 pm
      Maybe not the right thread to post this but are we the most attractive club/project to join in the world right now?

Every player around Europe would have watched that game last night and who the f**k wouldn't want to sign for us?

Our fans are special. Our stadium is special. Our manager is special. And our team is special.

I'm not saying I want him by any means, but the likes of Eden hazard for example should be on the phone to his agent saying get me a f**king move to Liverpool right now.

Look how good we are and the frightening thing is, there is actually room for improvement.

What a time to be a red.

Yes please to Eden Hazard, but that is for another day and discussion.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #980: May 08, 2019 04:28:00 pm
      Just listening to King tw*t Durham who says we would be embarrassed last night now saying we were lucky and robbo should been lined. Have to turn the c**t off. Worse than listening to sports bar goldstein and cundy. We are Liverpool F**k the haters. This has been a great fkn day. All the excuses from these pundits saying barca were terrible no lpool made them look like that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #981: May 08, 2019 04:29:42 pm
      Not kidding. That was the best night on the Kop I've ever witnessed last night. The levels of heart, passion, belief and togetherness can not be replicated by any other club in the world.

What a f**king result! Barca were rocked to their core. They looked scared. All's they could do was try to pass the ball around but we made them look clueless. And Barca are a very decent side.

Bring Wolves on!

the crowd were so important last night they never gave Barcelona a minute. Now its the whole ground that gets involved the noise levels are back to the very best ever and it makes a huge difference
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 286 posts | 28 
      Reply #982: May 08, 2019 04:33:01 pm
      We’re going to win 4-0..

You're the man!

I would add Thanks but don't want to spoil the current 4, which is the perfect number.....
      Kopite78
      Reply #983: May 08, 2019 04:33:15 pm
      Could hardly sleep last night... not been like that since Istanbul.. I thought I'd seen everything with this club.. Just couldn't switch off and replaying the game in my head

What a night

Only we can do things like that

What a side.. What a manager... what a night
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2019 04:41:43 pm by Kopite78 »
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 286 posts | 28 
      Reply #984: May 08, 2019 04:39:57 pm
      It was SO important last night to prevent Barca scoring.

I thought Fabinho's role in breaking up play and protecting the space in front of JM and VVD was massive, especially after he was booked for welcoming their No. 9 back to Anfield so warmly.... (caught him on the follow-through after winning the ball superbly).
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2019 04:47:26 pm by thanks2shanks »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #985: May 08, 2019 05:03:07 pm
      As I said, I will not create more Live thread as final days approaches after Barca loss of 3-0 until next season.

What a win!!! What Anfield got us, Anfield power at its best.

Well done to everyone!!!!

YNWA. I'm proud of the Klopp and his team because they showed what football is all about.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #986: May 08, 2019 05:04:21 pm
      MOTM is the team! But Alisson kept us in the game, Origi got us in the game, Wijnaldum put us on the road to victory and Trent is a genius.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #987: May 08, 2019 05:19:54 pm

What a f**king result! Barca were rocked to their core. They looked scared. All's they could do was try to pass the ball around but we made them look clueless. And Barca are a very decent side.

Bring Wolves on!

I've never wanted to be in the stadium more than last night, and that's saying something.

That's one we'll all remember for the rest of our lives but how special it must have been to be on the Kop... Jealous!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #988: May 08, 2019 05:25:43 pm

Quick Reply