Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Barcelona?

Alisson
      31 (18.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      30 (17.6%)
      Joel Matip
      7 (4.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.2%)
       Fabinho
      24 (14.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      9 (5.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      32 (18.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (2.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      29 (17.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Voting closed: May 11, 2019 09:55:29 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 70023 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #1012: May 08, 2019 09:13:24 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Re: Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #1013: May 08, 2019 10:37:59 pm
      who voted for Gini the lazy git only played 45mins :f_tongueincheek:
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1014: May 08, 2019 10:59:32 pm

I was listening on the radio to the match. Haven’t done that in ages, it’s bloody exciting!!

Love their commentary too, Shearer should move from punditry to commentary!
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #1015: May 08, 2019 11:05:12 pm
      I was listening on the radio to the match. Haven’t done that in ages, it’s bloody exciting!!

Love their commentary too, Shearer should move from punditry to commentary!
      Shearer was great on commentary. F**k I hate listening to that Martin Tyler on TV dry f**ker
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1016: May 09, 2019 03:05:09 am
      Shearer was great on commentary. F**k I hate listening to that Martin Tyler on TV dry f**ker

Don't usually care much for Martin but he was actually fairly positive toward Liverpool and even got a little excited at the end. It was THAT special of a performance.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #1017: May 09, 2019 05:43:22 am
      Is there any other fullback in world who can hit a pass like this under pressure?  May be Marcelo and Alves. And the main thing is he is yet to hit his peak in terms of physicality and technical abilities.
      https://twitter.com/TheRealArturK/status/1125861405675130883
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #1018: May 09, 2019 05:44:01 am
      Tyler's commentary was like listening to a dead man.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #1019: May 09, 2019 06:45:40 am

The pass from Matip for the first goal was so good that Shearer thought it was from Bobby.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1021: May 09, 2019 08:25:43 am
      Just listening to King tw*t Durham who says we would be embarrassed last night now saying we were lucky and robbo should been lined. Have to turn the c**t off. Worse than listening to sports bar goldstein and cundy. We are Liverpool f**k the haters. This has been a great fkn day. All the excuses from these pundits saying barca were terrible no lpool made them look like that.

I know he's supposed to be a shock jock and the radio equivalent of clickbait but to do that you need some brains, smarts and knowledge but this guy Durham is a F***ing ignorant pr**k, with a mean streak to go with it. He's incapable of keeping a coherent line of argument going, whenever some caller starts pushing him he just insults them and cuts them off or gets his tw*t sidekick Goughie to pile in.
      I would not be at all surprised if some very unsavoury stories emerge about him one day.  Psychologically there is something very off about him, either extreme narcissism or huge insecurity stemming from childhood bullying or abuse.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1022: May 09, 2019 08:59:19 am
      I heard a report on the tele that the ball boys were shown a video prior to the match about getting the ball back to our lads quickly.It showed a 13 year old lad standing with T.A.A.,it shows the extent and planning the boss goes to.
       If this has been previously posted feel free to delete it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1023: May 09, 2019 10:33:09 am
      I heard a report on the tele that the ball boys were shown a video prior to the match about getting the ball back to our lads quickly.It showed a 13 year old lad standing with T.A.A.,it shows the extent and planning the boss goes to.
       If this has been previously posted feel free to delete it.

I read this but it was on Tribal football so who knows how reliable mate

" A Liverpool ballboy was seen taunting Barcelona star Lionel Messi after Tuesday night's Champions League semifinal shock.

The child ran in front of a distraught Messi and made a rude gesture, raising two fingers in front of him.

The ballboy was chased by a steward as he sprinted across the turf in delight. "
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1024: May 09, 2019 10:43:07 am
      I read this but it was on Tribal football so who knows how reliable mate

" A Liverpool ballboy was seen taunting Barcelona star Lionel Messi after Tuesday night's Champions League semifinal shock.

The child ran in front of a distraught Messi and made a rude gesture, raising two fingers in front of him.

The ballboy was chased by a steward as he sprinted across the turf in delight. "

I think that is a different story to the one I saw on the television sports programme.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1025: May 09, 2019 12:50:02 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1026: May 09, 2019 04:33:53 pm
      Thought that was a wind up till ya see the flag.Gotta get to the chippy before closing lads!
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #1027: May 09, 2019 05:03:41 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1028: May 09, 2019 09:57:59 pm

its a thing of beauty I wonder in 1959 did Bill Shankly realise what foundations he would build for this club.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1029: May 10, 2019 01:51:35 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1030: May 10, 2019 09:41:47 am
      Voted for Divock. Liverpool's most lethal goalscorer this season.

Everton (H), Newcastle (A), Barcelona x 2.  You can cut it multiple ways but the reason our season continues is because of his heavy influence.

Top lad.

I went for Ali - thought, ultimately, he made the difference.

Top, top world class. Hopefully given the odd ‘critics’ who’ve been gobbing off all season a couple weeks off.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #1031: May 10, 2019 12:17:31 pm
      https://twitter.com/ZIYAAD_LFC/status/1126709873264082944?s=19

A very satisfying video to watch after how they have done business with us in the past
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #1032: May 10, 2019 10:06:12 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1033: May 10, 2019 10:37:01 pm
      https://twitter.com/ZIYAAD_LFC/status/1126709873264082944?s=19

A very satisfying video to watch after how they have done business with us in the past

Ha ha that ain’t real
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1034: May 10, 2019 10:51:09 pm
      SOS invited the brothers of Sean Cox to attend, which they did, for the first time since the incident. It was our first home second leg of a European Cup semi final in 12 years. Like the previous ones against Chelsea and Zurich, when you win them the scenes at the end are so much sweeter than when you have the first leg at home as last year, where there was barely a cheer at the final whistle. When we beat them in 2001 to make the UEFA Cup Final, the scenes were great, the scenes after disposing them again 18 years on were eye watering, even for those of us who don't cry through it. When we win these games away it's great, when we won them at home in front of 50,000 Friends, it's special. Nothing ott, no generic songs, no plastic  flags, no sponsors cardboard cutouts, just a spontaneous, emotional celebration of who we are, what we do, and what we stand for. There's a lot of euphoria in it, but there's also many years of experience to reflect on. All those years of constantly told, still are, that we can't and we won't and we don't and we couldn't. This is our answer. 

Wonderful to see all of the coaching staff and squad from Kelleher to Salah together as one, arm in arm, side by side. There's no animosity between those who play every week and those who do well to make the bench, let alone the pitch. Delighted for Allison as he was on the wrong side of the line last year. Just show the video of it to any transfer target and ask if he wants to be part of all this or not. You can maybe have better cities, lifestyle, and weather somewhere else, but you won't find this anywhere else. It's the people that make it. We are More Than A Club, We Are A Family.

Barcelona are not what they used to be, so most, me included, expected us to win the home game. I thought getting 3 goals was very doable, and if they arrived early enough, so was a 4th. But like most, I didn't think we could keep the back door shut, so having to score at least 5 goals was always going to be the tallest of orders. After getting the early goal, we hoped to kick on from there. Instead they controlled the game and it seemed a matter of time before we would know we would need to score 5.

Half time arrived and darkness descended around Anfield. It got darker again when we learned that Robbo couldn't run his injury off, and Milner had to fill in for him again. However, we hunted them down after the break in packs. For lengthy periods, they couldn't get out of their own penalty area, let alone their own half. Once the second goal came, the third was sort of inevitable really. Although 31 seconds from tip off to back of the net was not. So the three goals were in the bag in less than an hour, now the only question was how many more do we need. 

When Messi got his free kick, I feared the worst, so much so that I had to look away at the time. He doesn't score every free kick from that distance, but when he's around they're effectively penalties. His free kicks either go straight in or stay out, there's no in between. The kick itself was a replay of the first leg, but this time it hit the wall before it got to the top corner, and when I resumed watching, the danger had passed, and we could settle down again. 

I love the fourth goal, I watched the entire moment, but seriously I still can't stop laughing at how Trent caught them all on the hop. Did they not see the corner we scored in Cardiff? Obviously not. Mind you Belgium's most famous Kenyan almost missed it. It was almost headed away but he got his 6th goal of the season. So Trent's brainwave meant 3 hours of football was settled in 3 seconds flat. 4 goals was enough. Last year we needed 7 goals to progress, this year there was 7 goals in the tie, but the outcome was the same, Liverpool in the European Cup Final.

I would have preferred in the final to play a team from a different country tbh, because European football is all about going to different cities and playing teams from other countries, not your own league. We don't have any choice this time but on the positive side, our fans will be safe and despite being the "away" side, we can wear our own colours as usual. It's another game v a white shirt opponent, just as every other European Cup Final we've won. And if we win No. 6 in June, we can go back to Istanbul next year and collect No. 7. That's another tale though for another time.

In the meantime, we have a chance to draw a line under the past 29 years. The EPL trophy will be on standby on Sunday, ready to go, with the full quota of winners medals. Every bookie, expert, pundit, and media network has wrote our chances off again, as they have all season. They said a title challenge was impossible, and getting 90+ points was impossible, and getting out of the group was impossible, and beating Barcelona 4-0 was impossible. They have learned nothing from the past few days, previous last day events, or from what we've done all season.  They keep telling us no we can't, but it's the final day of the season, a unique day in the calendar, where the formbook gets tossed out the window and it's every man for himself. Despair one minute can turn to Euphoria the next. We are 90 minutes from the greatest day since Istanbul.

Nothing you ever want in life is impossible. Impossible just means taking longer than anticipated. Our history is all about achieving things rivals can only dream of. We Are Liverpool.

Quick Reply