Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool

Read 53003 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: 2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool
      Reply #184: May 13, 2019 11:13:57 am
      Please not bloody Dubai again, They should just head over to Spain as soon as possible I think, get properly acclimatised.

Yeah agree about shooting off to Spain rather than Dubai..however a break in Dubai would be just rewards for the sheer graft the Boss,players & staff put in the PL campaign..
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2019 11:22:03 am by Shabs »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #185: May 13, 2019 11:18:32 am
      Yeah agree about shooting off to Spsin rather than Dubai..however a break in Dubai would be just rewards for the sheer graft the Boss,players & staff put in the PL campaign..

No, the campaign is not over yet, no time for celebration yet, have a few days rest and relaxation but then its back to work with 100% focus on how to beat Spurs for the third time in one season ;-)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #186: May 13, 2019 11:19:29 am
      Yeah agree about shooting off to Spsin rather than Dubai..however a break in Dubai would be just rewards for the sheer graft the Boss,players & staff put in the PL campaign..

Season isn’t over yet, last thing we want is players going into holiday mode. Rest is one thing but jetting off somewhere for anything other than training? Nah not for me.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #187: May 13, 2019 11:22:39 am
      Our form after a break does worry me a little!

Whatever we do though I'm sure Klopp will have us at our peak for the match.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #188: May 13, 2019 11:29:46 am
      I don't like to see any players injured but must admit I was hoping moura Ali and erickson son would pick up a knock yesterday. Spurs are a weird side to workout. One day they look world beaters like second half v ajax where they cut them apart next time you see them they are useless. This three week wait be torture the final was usually played week after FA Cup. Every team the pinnacle is to win champions league and it would annoy the haters so much. Oh F**k be beyond brilliant. To lose isn't worth thinking about. At very least these players deserve a trophy and they do not come any bigger in size and value
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #189: May 13, 2019 11:39:30 am
      I don't like to see any players injured but must admit I was hoping moura Ali and erickson son would pick up a knock yesterday. Spurs are a weird side to workout. One day they look world beaters like second half v ajax where they cut them apart next time you see them they are useless. This three week wait be torture the final was usually played week after FA Cup. Every team the pinnacle is to win champions league and it would annoy the haters so much. Oh F**k be beyond brilliant. To lose isn't worth thinking about. At very least these players deserve a trophy and they do not come any bigger in size and value

Dont worry too much about 'the haters' we win this for us.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #190: May 13, 2019 12:10:42 pm
      This ain't goin to be an easy game for sure. In my minds eye I can see it going to pens???
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #191: May 13, 2019 12:25:36 pm
      We need Bobby back for this game.. He's so important to our attacking build up play.
      Yes I know we beat Barca, Newcastle & Wolves without him but he really is crucial to us.
      Divock has been brilliant but I think he'd be better coming off the bench on June 1st as opposed to starting this one.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #192: May 13, 2019 12:37:12 pm
      With 3 weeks to train the players against specific opponents, rather than the 2/3 days we get throughout the season, this is going to show the tactical nous and depth of the 2 managers.

My money's on Klopp.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #193: May 13, 2019 12:50:36 pm
      This ain't goin to be an easy game for sure. In my minds eye I can see it going to pens???
      Oh no don't put us through that.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #194: May 13, 2019 12:55:00 pm
      Yeah we need firmino back and match fit no use if he's not. Just have to win that's it don't care how. Klopp record of losing finals surely must end. We have been way beyond exceptional this season so I can't fathom us not winning this. It would be utterly soul destroying for everyone if that was the case and what a long summer then. No way we have to win. The season we had to win nothing it would be unthinkable.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #195: May 13, 2019 01:09:15 pm

Divock has been brilliant but I think he'd be better coming off the bench on June 1st as opposed to starting this one.

Agree but if Divock doesn’t start hope won’t be needed during
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2019 01:25:58 pm by nikos »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #196: May 13, 2019 01:54:52 pm
      Having lost to Madrid last year, I was hoping we’d face them at some stage this season but it wasn’t to be, but there’s something quite sweet about getting chance to make amends for last year actually in Madrid! Just a shame it’s not at their stadium though.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #197: May 13, 2019 02:26:44 pm
      Have we seen Liverpool lose 5 out of the last 6 finals?

Champions League - lost
      League Cup - won
      FA Cup - lost
      League Cup - lost
      Europa League - lost
      Champions League - lost
      Champions League - ?

Horrible run of losses that. Time to start winning finals again. I know when you look back at those games, there mostly individual errors from us, cuntness from others and greatness from others, and then just luck on penalties, but ffs. lets go and win this one.
      UP THE REDS
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #198: May 13, 2019 03:05:36 pm
      I think in a lot of finals we have been very unlucky. You look at Madrid last year do anything to win sneaky fouls. Salah been taking out when we were so on top. Rolling around looking for cards. Then europa final the ref  denying us two strong penalty appeals. Could been should been 3-0 up half time game over. League cup final lost on a pen lottery. Even back to when we lost to Chelsea in FA Cup final think it was Andy carroll header ruled out when it showed it just over the line. We lose 2-1.  If any team deserve a run of a bit of luck in a final surely it's klopp and Liverpool. Hopefully not need win with good football. For the brilliant footie we have played its so annoying records show we won nothing since 2011/2012.Time to rectify that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #199: May 13, 2019 03:09:15 pm
      I think in a lot of finals we have been very unlucky. You look at Madrid last year do anything to win sneaky fouls. Salah been taking out when we were so on top. Rolling around looking for cards. Then europa final the ref  denying us two strong penalty appeals. Could been should been 3-0 up half time game over. League cup final lost on a pen lottery. Even back to when we lost to Chelsea in FA Cup final think it was Andy carroll header ruled out when it showed it just over the line. We lose 2-1.  If any team deserve a run of a bit of luck in a final surely it's klopp and Liverpool. Hopefully not need win with good football. For the brilliant footie we have played its so annoying records show we won nothing since 2011/2012.Time to rectify that.

Aye some of the luck in those finals man. :-(

Its totally time to bring something Silver home. ;D.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #200: May 13, 2019 03:11:33 pm
      Klopp knows well what the squad needs. It needs to rest a little after this week, for example till Wednesday, then back to normal. Klopp is accustomed to Winter break, this is 'the same', they need to be ready.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #201: May 13, 2019 03:24:29 pm
      Aye some of the luck in those finals man. :-(

Its totally time to bring something Silver home. ;D.
      Agreed sum of the refs that have officiated left a lot to be desired too. It's frustrating to be so near so many times and take nothing back home but a chance to make up for last year's final is huge motivation. I just really hope they do it. We just need this so much more than spurs. This run has to be stopped sometime. I hope the lads get a few run outs in the ground before they play train well rest and no injuries. Then we can just hope. If we win it be a wonderful summer everyone looking forward to new season if we don't it be a sh*te summer and next season starting from scratch again.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #202: May 13, 2019 03:44:12 pm
      Going to Marbella for a week training camp in preparation  for Champions League final..👊🏼
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #203: May 13, 2019 03:46:15 pm
      Klopp knows well what the squad needs. It needs to rest a little after this week, for example till Wednesday, then back to normal. Klopp is accustomed to Winter break, this is 'the same', they need to be ready.

Im sure he said they would get most of thsi week off, apart from doing TV work for the final, the 2 weeks of a mini pre-season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #204: May 13, 2019 03:47:06 pm
      Agreed sum of the refs that have officiated left a lot to be desired too. It's frustrating to be so near so many times and take nothing back home but a chance to make up for last year's final is huge motivation. I just really hope they do it. We just need this so much more than spurs. This run has to be stopped sometime. I hope the lads get a few run outs in the ground before they play train well rest and no injuries. Then we can just hope. If we win it be a wonderful summer everyone looking forward to new season if we don't it be a sh*te summer and next season starting from scratch again.

AYe defo man. Its our time.

Spuds will be tough, on thier day they can be brilliant, but they can also be very sh1te. ;D
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #205: May 13, 2019 03:52:56 pm

Spuds will be tough, on thier day they can be brilliant, but they can also be very sh1te. ;D
      Ano I could not take another final defeat. I'd preferred ajax there a bit more open but no no way lose European Cup to another English team after season we have had. If that were to happen I'd start believing Bruce grobbelaar that there a curse on us. Aw ffs no we must do anything to win. We seen Madrid do it last year. Just about bringing big lugs back and ending this bloody trophy barren.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #206: May 13, 2019 03:55:35 pm

I really think Spurs will choke, the occasion will get to them, plus in any case we are quite simply the better team, especially with all the players fully rested.
      Another thought I had was what I prefer most, City winning the FA Cup or Watford. If Watford win it then Man Utd suffer the humiliation of starting their Europa campaign in mid July but if City win it then we get to play them in the charity shield, and what a marker it would put down if we beat them!

Quick Reply