Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool

Read 54103 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,013 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: 2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool
      Reply #69: May 09, 2019 10:34:00 am
      Could be another all English final in the Europa

Consider that eh mate.....

4 English side in the two major European finals

👏

Oh.. and United are nowhere near the fuckers 😂

It's great mate and loving it apart from obviously my team not being in the mix. Won't be there next year either if Ole still at the wheel.  :f_doh:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #70: May 09, 2019 10:44:55 am
      It's great mate and loving it apart from obviously my team not being in the mix. Won't be there next year either if Ole still at the wheel.  :f_doh:

I dont know, you might have another easy run to the final of the Europa League and then face a team like Ajax 2 years before they hit their stride ;-)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 822 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #71: May 09, 2019 10:50:33 am
      Spurs looked dangerous last night as they were playing the long ball and Llorente held it up superbly.

1. With Matip and VVD Llorente would net get that much freedom and joy to be a threat.

2. Kane will be fit and so will start, reverting Totenham's play to the gradual build up style they like to play with everything going through Kane and Ali, this will suit us.

3. We are F***ing Liverpool and we fear no one, come on you reds!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #72: May 09, 2019 11:17:46 am

I’m sure we’re your adopted team amongst the English teams and you’ve a soft spot for us? I’m sure you won’t mind seeing us happy at the end of the season?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #73: May 09, 2019 11:23:17 am
      Will be even sweeter when we win in Madrid and all Spurs will be crying into their St George cross flags.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #74: May 09, 2019 11:27:34 am
      Spurs have lost what 13 or so games this season and we've beaten them twice?

We should beat them, like we should have beaten Ajax if it was them.

We're one of the best sides in Europe, if not the best, and play as well as we can and the trophy is ours.

Couldn't bear losing to Spurs as well.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #75: May 09, 2019 11:28:21 am
      Will be even sweeter when we win in Madrid and all Spurs will be crying into their St George cross flags.

Oh please.

Would rather gave faced ajax but the satisfaction will be way higher beating Spursy. But will also be twice as devastating if we lose!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #76: May 09, 2019 11:30:16 am
      Don’t tell me we can’t beat a Spursy side after taking care of Messi and co. Don’t give me this sh*te.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #77: May 09, 2019 11:31:49 am
      Kane will not start final he be on bench. We can't call anyone spurs when we have won nothing for a number of years. If we play to our potential we win. Couldn't care less now if its spurs or ajax. If we don't then spurs can beat us. Can't afford to lose another or defo think klopp is jinxed.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,013 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #78: May 09, 2019 11:34:22 am
      I’m sure we’re your adopted team amongst the English teams and you’ve a soft spot for us? I’m sure you won’t mind seeing us happy at the end of the season?

Some of you yes  ;D However, I can count on one hand the ones on here I don't. Unfortunately all clubs have dickheads/morons on them. Your not in that bracket though.  ;D
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #79: May 09, 2019 11:57:44 am
      Well we can park the champions league for now. What these two matches have shown us is anything is possible in football. Nothing is a given. If Brighton can tap into that spirit on Sunday could they sneak a draw?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #80: May 09, 2019 12:01:03 pm
      We turn up 💯 % attitude we will win , this team knows the pain of defeat ,there will be no complacency on our part ,
      After we win Sunday a few shandy’s for the lads then it’s down to business and planning a good old spud bashing .
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #81: May 09, 2019 12:09:59 pm
      The thought of Spurs winning it should be motivation enough. Christ, I think I’d rather relive the final last year than see Spurs win it.

Pretty much sums it up. Losing to Spurs in the final is the equivalent of buying a Ferrari only to have a bunch of pigeons sh*t all over it after first night. Or being washed up on a desert island with the girl of your dreams from the boat being the only other survivor, only for the tell tale signs of a stubble on her chin the next day. Or grabbing a bargain Alexa at a fire sale, just to realise she's only programmed to understand Chinese.

You get the drift...
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,518 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #82: May 09, 2019 12:23:09 pm
      Spurs are a worry because they've played really well against us of late. That said, if Ajax had gotten through I'd probably be worrying about their intensity and press and never-say-die-play-with-no-fear attitude. There are no easy games in the ECL final.

The way I look at it is, if both teams play to their potential, we will win our 6th European cup.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,436 posts | 3419 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #83: May 09, 2019 12:32:44 pm
      Harry kane inspired the spurs players with a half time rant ? Perhaps the prospect of being covered in even more spit scared the sh*t out of them.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #84: May 09, 2019 12:33:01 pm
      approx £100mill earned this season from Champions league !!

Next year will be more again as coefficient will rise.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #85: May 09, 2019 12:37:40 pm
      Spurs are a worry because they've played really well against us of late. That said, if Ajax had gotten through I'd probably be worrying about their intensity and press and never-say-die-play-with-no-fear attitude. There are no easy games in the ECL final.

The way I look at it is, if both teams play to their potential, we will win our 6th European cup.

So one good half of football is good enough?

At Wembley we tore them apart, missed atleast 4-5 sitters. At Anfield , it was a game of 2 halves.  We should absolutely destroy them. We outplayed Barca in in the Camp Nou. Spurs should be easy, especially after the last final.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #86: May 09, 2019 12:50:54 pm
      Kane will not start final he be on bench. We can't call anyone spurs when we have won nothing for a number of years. If we play to our potential we win. Couldn't care less now if its spurs or ajax. If we don't then spurs can beat us. Can't afford to lose another or defo think klopp is jinxed.

Always just a negative mental note or two no matter how positive the circumstances
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #87: May 09, 2019 12:52:55 pm
      Always just a negative mental note or two no matter how positive the circumstances

He was quite positive yesterday but now mr Neghead is back, what a shame.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #88: May 09, 2019 01:00:29 pm
      Obviously can't F***ing read. I said if liverpool play to there best they win. So nothing negative
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #89: May 09, 2019 01:18:29 pm
      Obviously can't f**king read. I said if liverpool play to there best they win. So nothing negative

Yeah you're right - Jürgen is a jinx. Came in to Liverpool with us facing mid table mediocrity and has only got us fighting for the title with 94 points on the last day of domestic season and in a Champions League Final all while playing awesome football. Proper jinx that isn't it?

Proper moron more like.
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2019 01:22:42 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #90: May 09, 2019 01:28:12 pm
      Spurs to play better without Kane, but it is the European Cup final we can't expect an easy game.

Should have enough to see them off.  See we have been allocated £16,600 ish tickets, not sure the capacity of the stadium but same old same old, we could probably sell the whole stadium out.

YNWA
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #91: May 09, 2019 02:06:59 pm
      Spurs to play better without Kane, but it is the European Cup final we can't expect an easy game.

Should have enough to see them off.  See we have been allocated £16,600 ish tickets, not sure the capacity of the stadium but same old same old, we could probably sell the whole stadium out.

YNWA

68,000 capacity.

If it follows how it normally goes, the stadium will be at least half LFC fans.

Quick Reply