Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool

Read 53059 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Re: 2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool
      Reply #23: May 09, 2019 04:41:26 am
      It may sound funny, but when the quarter finals draw was announced, I told my brother that we will have a Spurs vs Liverpool final, and we will win 1 - 4. What a surprise this is. I think we will smash them, but at the same time I really never wanted them. Guess as someone else said, we weren't having this discussion 2 days ago, so it's all good.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #24: May 09, 2019 05:15:21 am
      Is it me or does anyone else think Spurs function as a 'team' better without Kane? I woudnt mind a half-fit Kane starting against Virgil. Going for a 3-1 win!
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #25: May 09, 2019 05:21:19 am
      Its not going to be so easy as some of the folk here are making it out. We will not be playing at Anfield. Even if we won both matches this year, its never easy against Spurs last couple of years. They will be fired up as well. Still I fancy us for the win, but it will be hard fought game.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #26: May 09, 2019 06:45:20 am
      So I guess it's a case of better the devil you know.

My mate text the same last night. Which then made me unable to get Kylie Minogue out of head until I fell asleep. Now I've just woke up and read this and it's off again.

Ya tw*t 😊

"cos it's true, what they say.."
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #27: May 09, 2019 07:17:28 am
      How can I be so F***ing nervous already.

Can’t believe another major European final is here - surely this is the one?!

2007 was horrible, 2016 heartbreaking and 2018 was even worse.

This HAS to be the one!!!! Come on Liverpool
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #28: May 09, 2019 07:41:56 am
      Brilliant were in final now we must win. Too many final heartbreak no more. Would preferred ajax as they play a high line and we could get round the back of them. Spurs will be a battle. They had 24 shots last night and hit post twice so deserved to go through.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: May 09, 2019 07:42:10 am
      Come out fast, strong and in their face. This isn't the Premier League - time to take us on in our domain.

Hoping i'm celebrating well and truly balls deep in beers with half the forum in Madrid. Let's F***ing get it.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #30: May 09, 2019 07:49:41 am
      Spurs really play well in second halfs, I hope we preserve enough energy for it.

I think our game management has got better though.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #31: May 09, 2019 07:50:57 am
      Klopp v Spurs

Played 9
      Won    4
      Draw.  4
      Lost    1

storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #32: May 09, 2019 07:51:32 am
      I have a soft spot for Poch ,   but I can't stand the rival fans (if the unimaginable happen), it would be trophies-d*ck-measure all over again, while I think both teams are doing superb to get to this stage.

Please bring the big ears this time , Mr. Klopp and the team!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #33: May 09, 2019 07:55:17 am
      First time post, long time lurker. Just wanted to say that I was fine with whoever we would face in the final, Ajax or Tottenham. However, there is no other club on in the world that I despise or loathe more than Tottenham. At times bordering on irrational, the mere sight of them makes my skin crawl and blood boil. From the top down all the way through their supporters.

I don't actually mind Spurs.  In fact, if they had somehow got through v Barcelona I might have considered lending them my backing! 

Having said all that I will have a massive problem with them if they beat us. 
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #34: May 09, 2019 08:20:49 am
      I don't think it's a good thing to have all over the media today potential victory parades confirmed if liverpool win pl or champions league. I just think it gives the opposition huge motivation almost like they think they won it already. We show them organising parades. But we see.
      Kopite78
      Reply #35: May 09, 2019 08:50:01 am
      I don't think it's a good thing to have all over the media today potential victory parades confirmed if liverpool win pl or champions league. I just think it gives the opposition huge motivation almost like they think they won it already. We show them organising parades. But we see.

Spurs and city will have done the exact same thing
      You can't just shut a city down without pre planning

You worry too much
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,331 posts | 1036 
      Reply #36: May 09, 2019 08:50:06 am

This all day. Stupid.

Have them planned ... and announce them when we have actually won something because as it stands we have won f**k all.
      Don77

• 6,331 posts | 1036 
      Reply #37: May 09, 2019 08:55:01 am
      Spurs and city will have done the exact same thing

You worry too much

Remains to be seen if they plaster their 'victory' parade routes all over the press before they have actually won anything. Its a massive own goal by us.

Yes the routes have to be planned and arrangments made. But announce them in the minutes following us actually winning something.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1736 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #38: May 09, 2019 08:59:10 am
      Agree with that I was hoping Ajax would get there as when the pressure on they could not handle it and sure they would have been the better option

Yip, I wanted Ajax, its a better sounding European final. Didn't want spuds anywhere near the final.

Oh well, so long as we smash them. ;D
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #39: May 09, 2019 09:02:17 am
      Pre-cup final training at Dubai or Marbella anyone? ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #40: May 09, 2019 09:02:18 am
      Remains to be seen if they plaster their 'victory' parade routes all over the press before they have actually won anything. Its a massive own goal by us.

Yes the routes have to be planned and arrangments made. But announce them in the minutes following us actually winning something.

The club released it?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #41: May 09, 2019 09:03:14 am
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #42: May 09, 2019 09:07:15 am

Haven’t seen an official word from LFC. Just the council.
      Kopite78
      Reply #43: May 09, 2019 09:07:28 am

Can't find it on the club website

Any stick

Haven’t seen an official word from LFC. Just the council.

That's what I'd have thought
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2019 09:11:43 am by Kopite78 »
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #44: May 09, 2019 09:08:15 am
      It’s on the echo. FYI

Liverpool FC Premier League and Champions League victory parade route, timetable and map

This is the route that Liverpool Football Club will be taking if they win the Premier League or Champions League

The route has been revealed for a huge victory parade, which will take place if Liverpool FC win the Premier League trophy this weekend.

A separate parade, following the same route, will then take place if the Reds succeed in the UEFA Champions League final in Madrid on June 1.

Jürgen Klopp's team has requested that the Premier League parade takes place on Monday, May 13 and the Champions League parade happens on Sunday, June 2, which is the same day as the River Festival Liverpool and the Bordeaux Wine Festival on the waterfront.

Mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson, said: "Even though the Champions League parade would potentially take place on an already busy day in the city, we are working closely with LFC, Merseyside Police, and our travel partners to ensure that all events taking place on June 2 run smoothly and safely so everyone can enjoy our city, and everything it has to offer."

What is the parade route?

Both parades are planned to start at 4pm.

The route starts at Allerton Maze and will travel north bound on Queens Drive towards the Fiveways roundabout and Rocket flyover.

Homecoming parade route 2019 if Liverpool Football Club win the Premier League and the UEFA Champions League Final
      (Image: Liverpool City Council)

From there it will journey along:

Queens Drive
      Mill Bank
      West Derby Road
      Islington
      Leeds Street
      The Strand
      Route finishes at Blundell Street

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/liverpool-fc-premier-league-champions-16244037
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2019 09:15:52 am by ruthcity »
      Kopite78
      Reply #45: May 09, 2019 09:11:17 am
      It’s on the echo. FYI

The route has been revealed for a huge victory parade, which will take place if Liverpool FC win the Premier League trophy this weekend.

A separate parade, following the same route, will then take place if the Reds succeed in the UEFA Champions League final in Madrid on June 1.

Jürgen Klopp's team has requested that the Premier League parade takes place on Monday, May 13 and the Champions League parade happens on Sunday, June 2, which is the same day as the River Festival Liverpool and the Bordeaux Wine Festival on the waterfront.

Mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson, said: "Even though the Champions League parade would potentially take place on an already busy day in the city, we are working closely with LFC, Merseyside Police, and our travel partners to ensure that all events taking place on June 2 run smoothly and safely so everyone can enjoy our city, and everything it has to offer."

What is the parade route?

Both parades are planned to start at 4pm.

The route starts at Allerton Maze and will travel north bound on Queens Drive towards the Fiveways roundabout and Rocket flyover.

Homecoming parade route 2019 if Liverpool Football Club win the Premier League and the UEFA Champions League Final

(Image: Liverpool City Council)

From there it will journey along:

Queens Drive
      Mill Bank
      West Derby Road
      Islington
      Leeds Street
      The Strand
      Route finishes at Blundell Street

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/liverpool-fc-premier-league-champions-16244037

So not the club then.. the council and the press

Quoted from bluenose mayor Joe Anderson 😂

Quick Reply