Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool

Read 53007 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: 2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool
      Reply #46: May 09, 2019 09:13:18 am
      It’s on the echo. FYI

Liverpool FC Premier League and Champions League victory parade route, timetable and map

The route has been revealed for a huge victory parade, which will take place if Liverpool FC win the Premier League trophy this weekend.

A separate parade, following the same route, will then take place if the Reds succeed in the UEFA Champions League final in Madrid on June 1.

Jürgen Klopp's team has requested that the Premier League parade takes place on Monday, May 13 and the Champions League parade happens on Sunday, June 2, which is the same day as the River Festival Liverpool and the Bordeaux Wine Festival on the waterfront.

Mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson, said: "Even though the Champions League parade would potentially take place on an already busy day in the city, we are working closely with LFC, Merseyside Police, and our travel partners to ensure that all events taking place on June 2 run smoothly and safely so everyone can enjoy our city, and everything it has to offer."

What is the parade route?

Both parades are planned to start at 4pm.

The route starts at Allerton Maze and will travel north bound on Queens Drive towards the Fiveways roundabout and Rocket flyover.

Homecoming parade route 2019 if Liverpool Football Club win the Premier League and the UEFA Champions League Final

(Image: Liverpool City Council)

From there it will journey along:

Queens Drive
      Mill Bank
      West Derby Road
      Islington
      Leeds Street
      The Strand
      Route finishes at Blundell Street

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/liverpool-fc-premier-league-champions-16244037

Just like last year, I hate when I see things like this being posted.

We have won nothing and might win nothing.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #47: May 09, 2019 09:15:22 am
      It’s Joe Anderson’s fault. Anything to get himself in the news.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #48: May 09, 2019 09:16:58 am
      Perhaps plan ahead, but don’t announce?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #49: May 09, 2019 09:19:18 am

Plans will have been in place for sometime just that fat c**t Joe Anderson trying to get in on the act. F**k the bluenose c**t
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #50: May 09, 2019 09:22:53 am
      Spurs should not be taken for granted, come back from behind against Man City as well as Ajax. Although surely it must be our turn this year to win a trophy.
      Kopite78
      Reply #51: May 09, 2019 09:23:21 am

Yeah... but it's not us who's leaked it

🤦‍♂️
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #52: May 09, 2019 09:33:31 am
      we're better than them. table says that. we've beaten them twice this season. but i still feel a tad uneasy. thought of losing to anyone is bad enough, let alone another english team!

hope they play Kane. he'll have no sharpness whatsoever.

biggest problem is its f**king 3 weeks away!!!

3 weeks away, so time for all our players to get fit and healthy and to focus 100% on the tactics needed to beat Spurs again. I honestly prefer them to Ajax, we know Spurs's strengths and weaknesses whereas Ajax were much more unpredictable. In reality Ajax should have won yesterday, they had so many near misses and were carving Spurs open at times.
      One thing I would like us to do this year is to have at least one behind closed doors match to keep us fresh, I feel that messed us up a bit last year having that long break before the final and 3 weeks is a long time without matches, plus please no warm weather training crap, unless we just head off over to Spain on Monday and stay out there until the game, which might actually be a pretty good idea.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #53: May 09, 2019 09:39:57 am

It was in the echo today so i assume they have got their info from the club ... parades announced for the league and champions league 🤔

Kopite78
      Reply #54: May 09, 2019 09:44:59 am
      It was in the echo today so i assume they have got their info from the club ... parades announced for the league and champions league 🤔

Echo would have got it from the council ( who is run by a bluenose)
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #55: May 09, 2019 09:47:23 am
      Spurs should not be taken for granted, come back from behind against Man City as well as Ajax.

Likewise for Liverpool, came back from 3 behind against Barcelona with more minutes to spare than Spurs.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #56: May 09, 2019 09:51:32 am
      Apologies,  don't like this being made public but also don't like that the victory parade won't go past goodison
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #57: May 09, 2019 09:53:03 am
      Spurs should not be taken for granted
      Agree but i think it's better it is them than Ajax.

Newbies in CL final against big Clubs familiar with this competition and having won it more than once or twice usually go down to history as finalists eg Atletico, Balencia, Monaco, Beyer Leverkusen etc.

Without it being the rule Spurs hopefully are not an exeption and add to the list.
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2019 12:32:16 pm by nikos »
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #58: May 09, 2019 09:56:38 am
      The comfort is we all know Spurs have the tendency to get Spursy. It’s got to be Spursy time in Madrid.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #59: May 09, 2019 09:59:28 am
      Spurs are very inexperienced in Europe; the club, the players, the staff, the fans and so on...

We are quite literally European royalty and have been to two European finals in the last 3 years, the players know what to expect, that can only bode well for us.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #60: May 09, 2019 10:08:53 am
      We will win in Madrid because of this man!

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #61: May 09, 2019 10:14:55 am
      Plans will have been in place for sometime just that fat c**t Joe Anderson trying to get in on the act. f**k the bluenose c**t

Hate that c**t
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #62: May 09, 2019 10:16:41 am
      3 weeks away, so time for all our players to get fit and healthy and to focus 100% on the tactics needed to beat Spurs again. I honestly prefer them to Ajax, we know Spurs's strengths and weaknesses whereas Ajax were much more unpredictable. In reality Ajax should have won yesterday, they had so many near misses and were carving Spurs open at times.
      One thing I would like us to do this year is to have at least one behind closed doors match to keep us fresh, I feel that messed us up a bit last year having that long break before the final and 3 weeks is a long time without matches, plus please no warm weather training crap, unless we just head off over to Spain on Monday and stay out there until the game, which might actually be a pretty good idea.
      Don't agree at all spurs were all over ajax last night. 24 shots 60per cent procession 7 on target. I'd prefer ajax as there very good but niave at the back. Spurs be like a pl match. Well anyway we need to win. Can't cope with any more final losses so we go and get the job done. Spurs will think there name on the cup as they scraped out of group in last few minutes. Sterling offside goal ruled out now last night. It be difficult but we need this more.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #63: May 09, 2019 10:22:01 am
      You lads who preferred Ajax (( given a choice )) I'm sure at 3-0 down from the first leg you'd taken a all star 11 from the best players in the world so stop moaning.  ;D I'm quite chuffed we have a all English final.

Two fantasic semi finals legs that I can't see ever being repeated. At one stage Spurs were out pending  other results. It's great seeing English football getting one of the the Germans, Spain & French clubs.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #64: May 09, 2019 10:24:27 am
      The comfort is we all know Spurs have the tendency to get Spursy. It’s got to be Spursy time in Madrid.
      All first timers have this tendency.
      Kopite78
      Reply #65: May 09, 2019 10:25:06 am
      You lads who preferred Ajax (( given a choice )) I'm sure at 3-0 down from the first leg you'd taken a all star 11 from the best players in the world so stop moaning.  ;D I'm quite chuffed we have a all English final.

Two fantasic semi finals legs that I can't see ever being repeated. At one stage Spurs were out pending  other results. It's great seeing English football getting one of the the Germans, Spain & French clubs.

Could be another all English final in the Europa

Consider that eh mate.....

4 English side in the two major European finals

👏

Oh.. and United are nowhere near the fuckers 😂
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #66: May 09, 2019 10:25:31 am
      Echo would have got it from the council ( who is run by a bluenose)

Yes my thoughts exactly. Joke isn't it. Im sure the club consulted with the council but surely they will be unhappy its in the public domain. Be a picture of the bus tomorrow
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #67: May 09, 2019 10:31:22 am
      Don't agree at all spurs were all over ajax last night. 24 shots 60per cent procession 7 on target. I'd prefer ajax as there very good but niave at the back. Spurs be like a pl match. Well anyway we need to win. Can't cope with any more final losses so we go and get the job done. Spurs will think there name on the cup as they scraped out of group in last few minutes. Sterling offside goal ruled out now last night. It be difficult but we need this more.

Oh did you somehow miss Zymich hitting the post and having 2 other shots whistling past the post. Spurs played well to come back into it, not taking anything away form a fantastic gutsy performance, but in reality it was more down to naivety from a young Ajax team but in an attacking sense Ajax scared me a lot more than Spurs do. Defensively Spurs are stronger though, although having said that AJax were ripping through them at times as have most other teams these past few weeks.
      The tight game we had with them at Anfield was as much about nerves as anything else, the match at their place was not tight at all, we completely dominated them.

Spurs are a tough team but I honestly think the occasion will get to them, especially if we score first.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #68: May 09, 2019 10:32:25 am
      Hopefully last year has put us in good stead for this one.

It should be Spurs this year who's players cant sleep on the eve of the game. Our lads last year admitted to this whereas the Madrid players it was just another game.

Of course it's a huge game but the message needs to get home to our lads that they belong at this level rather than being overawed at the occasion.

For the likes of Trent he is 20 and will have played this game twice. Theres no reason he cant have many more cracks at this final.

Be inspired by the occasion but get yourselves to sleep, it is Spurs who are the newbies to this occasion.

Quick Reply