Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool

Read 52993 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: 2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool
      Reply #345: May 20, 2019 07:21:14 pm
      I have a nagging feeling it will be the tried and tested trio. Ideally, providing Keita isn’t ready to start then I’d go Fab, Hendo and Gini.

With 11 subs named, don't be surprised to see Naby on the bench even if there is no chance of him playing.

Starters:
      Allison, TAA, Matip, Virgil, Robbo, Fab, Hendo, Gini, Sadio, Bobby, Salah
      subs:
      Migs, Gomez, Lovren, Moreno, Milner, Keita, Lallana, Ox, Origi, Sturridge, Shaqiri.

That leaves Brewster out so maybe the one change.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #346: May 20, 2019 08:13:15 pm
      With 11 subs named, don't be surprised to see Naby on the bench even if there is no chance of him playing.

Starters:
      Allison, TAA, Matip, Virgil, Robbo, Fab, Hendo, Gini, Sadio, Bobby, Salah
      subs:
      Migs, Gomez, Lovren, Moreno, Milner, Keita, Lallana, Ox, Origi, Sturridge, Shaqiri.

That leaves Brewster out so maybe the one change.

Starters are probably right mate but, We won't be seeing Naby until August and i would have Brewster on the bench rather than  Bertie, we have cover for Robbo in Milner, Gomez or even Trent at a stretch,

That side though will be close to what Jürgen will go for.

YNWA

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #347: May 20, 2019 08:47:48 pm
      Can't believe it's been over a week since our last game and there's still almost 2 full weeks to go til the final. This is F***ing ridiculous.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #348: May 21, 2019 08:22:54 am
      Can't believe it's been over a week since our last game and there's still almost 2 full weeks to go til the final. This is f**king ridiculous.
      Looking like it is the first game of the new season more than the last of the previous one.

Neutrals lose interest.
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2019 09:16:06 am by nikos »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #349: May 21, 2019 03:57:49 pm
      Was initially going to try to get to Madrid, even though I don't have a ticket, but flights are ridiculous. Then looking at spending the weekend down in Liverpool but it’s crazy expensive and most places fully booked.

Oh well, guess it’s the local LFC supporters club here in Glasgow. Either way, I’m sure it will be a night to remember.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #350: May 21, 2019 05:17:25 pm
      Was initially going to try to get to Madrid, even though I don't have a ticket, but flights are ridiculous. Then looking at spending the weekend down in Liverpool but it’s crazy expensive and most places fully booked.

Oh well, guess it’s the local LFC supporters club here in Glasgow. Either way, I’m sure it will be a night to remember.

if you can get to a pub with friends and family its still going to be an incredible night as long as you are fuelled appropriately.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #351: May 21, 2019 05:37:59 pm
      if you can get to a pub with friends and family its still going to be an incredible night as long as you are fuelled appropriately.

Last year I got too fu**ed - was so F***ing upset watching that Bale goal (was an unbelievable overhead kick and I hate that c**t).

After watching Karius punch the third into the net I fu**ed off and cried in the cab
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #352: May 21, 2019 06:19:29 pm
      No doubt i will get the invite to watch in our local supporters pub but i just get so tense and wound up i'm not great company. Will watch from the security of my padded cell.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #353: May 21, 2019 06:25:56 pm
      What time will the game be? I'm traveling that day but hope to be setup in my vacation digs by the time the game comes on.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #354: May 21, 2019 06:35:15 pm
      What time will the game be? I'm traveling that day but hope to be setup in my vacation digs by the time the game comes on.

Standard 8pm U.K. time I’d have thought.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #355: May 21, 2019 06:41:10 pm
      I’m still in disbelief that we are in another champions league final.

European royalty
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #356: May 21, 2019 08:04:15 pm
      No doubt i will get the invite to watch in our local supporters pub but i just get so tense and wound up i'm not great company. Will watch from the security of my padded cell.

Ditto to many fuckwits around my way who would love it if we get beat and after  a dozen or so ciders that doesn't bode well
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #357: May 21, 2019 08:18:39 pm
      Ditto to many fuckwits around my way who would love it if we get beat and after  a dozen or so ciders that doesn't bode well
      I’ve learned to take it all in my stride now , try my best not to let the fckwits get to me ,
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #358: May 22, 2019 03:57:49 am
      I'm watching it with my crew of Red supporters and a lone Spur fan who I am great friends with. I plan on bathing in his tears after the game
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #359: May 22, 2019 09:59:44 am

there will be tears again mate tears of joy.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #360: May 22, 2019 12:21:22 pm
      Hope so Walton. Here most people don't even know what it is about. But after the roller coaster of emotion and ultimate heartbreak, I went for a long walk to try and burn the worst of it off. I was thinking thoughts about perspective and nearly at a stable place when someone at a garden party happened to yell out as I walked past "Gareth Bale!!!!" and I fell back into anguish.

This year should be differernt.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #361: May 22, 2019 12:23:44 pm

Get in early mate I reckon Record Factory will be rammed!

We’re out for few beers locally then home - it’ll be strictly over 18s after 9pm that night so can’t take my youngest - Sam :(
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #362: May 22, 2019 12:31:19 pm
      How’s everybody’s confidence level like on the final as a whole versus the same time last year?

Keeper for keeper, defence for defence, bench for bench, opponent for opponent, cheat for cheat?

Hard to be more negative compared to last year. At least on paper. You know where this conversation is going.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #363: May 22, 2019 12:47:58 pm
      there will be tears again mate tears of joy.

Hope so
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #364: May 22, 2019 12:49:43 pm
      How’s everybody’s confidence level like on the final as a whole versus the same time last year?

Keeper for keeper, defence for defence, bench for bench, opponent for opponent, cheat for cheat?

Hard to be more negative compared to last year. At least on paper. You know where this conversation is going.

I was confident last year but even more confident this year. We are a much better team this year, far more resilient and not so dependent on one player, Salah, as we were last year and with a formidable defence.
      If we play well then we win whatever Spurs do, my only small fear is that we have become a bit rusty with 3 weeks off but that should also affect Spurs to the same degree and based on recent form in the last few weeks of the season we should win this easily but absolutely no room for complacency not that I think there would be in this team.
      Unless something really freakish happens then I simply cannot see Spurs winning this.
      SummerNight
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      • Go Klavan Go!
      Reply #365: May 22, 2019 01:36:08 pm
      I really hope Liverpool wins this year - losing 2 CL finals in a row + the league with 1 point would be some next level sh*t :/
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #366: May 22, 2019 01:45:17 pm
      I'm tired of seeing that picture of Klopp with his head down after receiving the CL runner-up medal that is often used in articles. Time to get a new one with him lifting the trophy! No one deserves an European trophy more than our Jürgen.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #367: May 22, 2019 02:53:49 pm
      Feels like we should be getting ready for this game at the weekend.

Weird that it's another week away.

Quick Reply