Trending Topics

Next match: Man Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 20th Oct @ 4:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Old Trafford

Today is the 17th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W9 D9 L5

2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool

Read 17941 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Re: 2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool
      Reply #350: May 21, 2019 05:17:25 pm
      Was initially going to try to get to Madrid, even though I don't have a ticket, but flights are ridiculous. Then looking at spending the weekend down in Liverpool but it’s crazy expensive and most places fully booked.

Oh well, guess it’s the local LFC supporters club here in Glasgow. Either way, I’m sure it will be a night to remember.

if you can get to a pub with friends and family its still going to be an incredible night as long as you are fuelled appropriately.
      LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,765 posts | 1410 
      Reply #351: May 21, 2019 05:37:59 pm
      if you can get to a pub with friends and family its still going to be an incredible night as long as you are fuelled appropriately.

Last year I got too fu**ed - was so f**king upset watching that Bale goal (was an unbelievable overhead kick and I hate that c**t).

After watching Karius punch the third into the net I fu**ed off and cried in the cab
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,686 posts | 1928 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #352: May 21, 2019 06:19:29 pm
      No doubt i will get the invite to watch in our local supporters pub but i just get so tense and wound up i'm not great company. Will watch from the security of my padded cell.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,906 posts | 3449 
      Reply #353: May 21, 2019 06:25:56 pm
      What time will the game be? I'm traveling that day but hope to be setup in my vacation digs by the time the game comes on.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,066 posts | 3898 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #354: May 21, 2019 06:35:15 pm
      What time will the game be? I'm traveling that day but hope to be setup in my vacation digs by the time the game comes on.

Standard 8pm U.K. time I’d have thought.
      LondonRed83

• 9,765 posts | 1410 
      Reply #355: May 21, 2019 06:41:10 pm
      I’m still in disbelief that we are in another champions league final.

European royalty
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,100 posts | 307 
      Reply #356: May 21, 2019 08:04:15 pm
      No doubt i will get the invite to watch in our local supporters pub but i just get so tense and wound up i'm not great company. Will watch from the security of my padded cell.

Ditto to many fuckwits around my way who would love it if we get beat and after  a dozen or so ciders that doesn't bode well
      andylfcynwa

• 7,640 posts | 850 
      Reply #357: May 21, 2019 08:18:39 pm
      Ditto to many fuckwits around my way who would love it if we get beat and after  a dozen or so ciders that doesn't bode well
      I’ve learned to take it all in my stride now , try my best not to let the fckwits get to me ,
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 871 posts | 246 
      Reply #358: May 22, 2019 03:57:49 am
      I'm watching it with my crew of Red supporters and a lone Spur fan who I am great friends with. I plan on bathing in his tears after the game
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #359: May 22, 2019 09:59:44 am

there will be tears again mate tears of joy.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,028 posts | 895 
      Reply #360: May 22, 2019 12:21:22 pm
      Hope so Walton. Here most people don't even know what it is about. But after the roller coaster of emotion and ultimate heartbreak, I went for a long walk to try and burn the worst of it off. I was thinking thoughts about perspective and nearly at a stable place when someone at a garden party happened to yell out as I walked past "Gareth Bale!!!!" and I fell back into anguish.

This year should be differernt.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,521 posts | 2518 
      Reply #361: May 22, 2019 12:23:44 pm
      Was initially going to try to get to Madrid, even though I don't have a ticket, but flights are ridiculous. Then looking at spending the weekend down in Liverpool but it’s crazy expensive and most places fully booked.

Oh well, guess it’s the local LFC supporters club here in Glasgow. Either way, I’m sure it will be a night to remember.

Get in early mate I reckon Record Factory will be rammed!

We’re out for few beers locally then home - it’ll be strictly over 18s after 9pm that night so can’t take my youngest - Sam :(
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,065 posts | 466 
      Reply #362: May 22, 2019 12:31:19 pm
      How’s everybody’s confidence level like on the final as a whole versus the same time last year?

Keeper for keeper, defence for defence, bench for bench, opponent for opponent, cheat for cheat?

Hard to be more negative compared to last year. At least on paper. You know where this conversation is going.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,686 posts | 1928 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #363: May 22, 2019 12:47:58 pm
      there will be tears again mate tears of joy.

Hope so
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,415 posts | 2051 
      Reply #364: May 22, 2019 12:49:43 pm
      How’s everybody’s confidence level like on the final as a whole versus the same time last year?

Keeper for keeper, defence for defence, bench for bench, opponent for opponent, cheat for cheat?

Hard to be more negative compared to last year. At least on paper. You know where this conversation is going.

I was confident last year but even more confident this year. We are a much better team this year, far more resilient and not so dependent on one player, Salah, as we were last year and with a formidable defence.
      If we play well then we win whatever Spurs do, my only small fear is that we have become a bit rusty with 3 weeks off but that should also affect Spurs to the same degree and based on recent form in the last few weeks of the season we should win this easily but absolutely no room for complacency not that I think there would be in this team.
      Unless something really freakish happens then I simply cannot see Spurs winning this.
      SummerNight
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      • Go Klavan Go!
      Reply #365: May 22, 2019 01:36:08 pm
      I really hope Liverpool wins this year - losing 2 CL finals in a row + the league with 1 point would be some next level sh*t :/
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,543 posts | 379 
      Reply #366: May 22, 2019 01:45:17 pm
      I'm tired of seeing that picture of Klopp with his head down after receiving the CL runner-up medal that is often used in articles. Time to get a new one with him lifting the trophy! No one deserves an European trophy more than our Jürgen.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,926 posts | 2142 
      Reply #367: May 22, 2019 02:53:49 pm
      Feels like we should be getting ready for this game at the weekend.

Weird that it's another week away.
      LondonRed83

• 9,765 posts | 1410 
      Reply #368: May 22, 2019 02:59:40 pm
      I really hope Liverpool wins this year - losing 2 CL finals in a row + the league with 1 point would be some next level sh*t :/

It will be three champions league finals in a row if we don’t win.

I couldn’t bear it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #369: May 22, 2019 04:32:33 pm
      It will be three champions league finals in a row if we don’t win.

I couldn’t bear it.

Come on bud lets get with the programme. This is going to be a night to remember No.6 and we will be crowned not Champions of England but Champions of Europe. 2007 never fancied us against Milan 2017 we just had the worst luck you could ever have in a final.
      This isn't a team that needs luck its a team that gets it done. I am so excited and I am going to go f***in mental at the homecoming in Liverpool.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,415 posts | 2051 
      Reply #370: May 22, 2019 04:49:01 pm
      Way to much nerves on here, almost like some of you didn't notice us winning our last 9 league games and kicking Barcelona's arse 4 f**king 0, to add to our destruction of Bayern and Porto.

We will win this for a number of reasons:

1) We are quite simply the better team in all areas
      2) We have a good record against Spurs this year
      3) They are the ultimate choke team in the final of th ebiggest competition there is, that will get to them.
      4) They will be way more nervous about playing us than the other way round.
      5) They'll have captain fantastic, aka KANE, back which will f**k up any rhythm they have.
      6) Mo has unfinished business in this competition!
      LondonRed83

• 9,765 posts | 1410 
      Reply #371: May 22, 2019 05:27:38 pm
      Way to much nerves on here, almost like some of you didn't notice us winning our last 9 league games and kicking Barcelona's arse 4 f**king 0, to add to our destruction of Bayern and Porto.

We will win this for a number of reasons:

1) We are quite simply the better team in all areas
      2) We have a good record against Spurs this year
      3) They are the ultimate choke team in the final of th ebiggest competition there is, that will get to them.
      4) They will be way more nervous about playing us than the other way round.
      5) They'll have captain fantastic, aka KANE, back which will f**k up any rhythm they have.
      6) Mo has unfinished business in this competition!

Love it
      LondonRed83

• 9,765 posts | 1410 
      Reply #372: May 22, 2019 05:34:24 pm
      Come on bud lets get with the programme. This is going to be a night to remember No.6 and we will be crowned not Champions of England but Champions of Europe. 2007 never fancied us against Milan 2017 we just had the worst luck you could ever have in a final.
      This isn't a team that needs luck its a team that gets it done. I am so excited and I am going to go f***in mental at the homecoming in Liverpool.

I think I’m more nervous than most as I’m surrounded by Spurs fans. They’re very confident.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #373: May 22, 2019 06:10:05 pm
      I think I’m more nervous than most as I’m surrounded by Spurs fans. They’re very confident.

you will have to practise your smug face .
      Scottbot

• 7,813 posts | 1338 
      Reply #374: May 22, 2019 07:21:29 pm
      Anyone else finding this 3 week wait to be the weirdest thing ever, it’s a ridiculous gap! I’m glad though coz I’m at a family wedding on Saturday eve

Quick Reply