Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool

Read 53009 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: 2019 UEFA Champions League Final, Madrid: Spurs v Liverpool
      Reply #529: May 31, 2019 07:39:48 pm

Well yeah i guess so if ya like all the tats like.....soz.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #530: May 31, 2019 07:58:32 pm
      They're fit...we're fit...the ball is round...they dive...we don't...the ref is bald...the Cup is ours...move on...
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #531: May 31, 2019 08:04:57 pm
      What an arrogant c**t Alan sugar is , wouldn’t take one Liverpool player , and Mo went to World Cup and was useless , hope they interview the septic c**t tomorrow night .
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #532: May 31, 2019 08:22:12 pm
      The calm before the storm...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #533: May 31, 2019 08:28:07 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #534: May 31, 2019 09:08:20 pm
      24hrs.. 👊🏼
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #535: May 31, 2019 09:31:06 pm
      Not placing any bets, not making any predictions.
      So much at stake - my main hope is we don't let the occasion get to us and we play our game like we can.
      We deserve something, but I've always liked the phrase 'Deserves got nothin to do with it' - you have to earn it.
      Don't think many people out there are taking anything for granted, and that is a very good thing.

In saying that, looking forward to the match :) Massive occasion, really looking forward to tuning in.
      Beers are ready. All set ...

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #536: May 31, 2019 09:34:54 pm
      Same here. I've never been like this beforehand. By comparison, I was totally passive going into last year's final, nonchalant at best which surprised me given that it was our first showdown in that final in 11 years. But there was a surprising flatness to me, that firmly stuck to script as the final progressed and Mo went off early a bit of Bale brilliance and Karius's painful experience conspired against us. Truth be told, I didn't even celebrate Mane's equaliser. It just seemed set early on.

But tomorrow? I'm bricking it. The stakes are raised against a fellow league rival (and one I think we all have high respect for because they have earnt it). But despite that fact, this one means so much more because we are now all consumed by an obsession to redeem and rectify the near misses of recent years.

I feel we've gone through too much pain in recent years which means every final becomes weightier and weightier. This means everything, especially this season after an unbelievable but ultimately barren Premier League season. We've been in a hoodoo and there's no shame in admitting that because it makes us all the more eager and obsessed to break it.

I will choose to take inspiration from Andy Murray - lost many big finals before he secured his first big one in New York 2012 and then not long after he returned to the scene of his greatest source of pain at Wimbledon in 2013 to put right what went wrong against Federer at Wimbledon 2012. I'll even look at another of my heroes, Michael Schumacher. He was so desperate to win the title with Ferrari, following agonising and painful near misses in 1997, 1998 and awful luck in 1999. He followed all that up to finally break Ferrari's long hoodoo because he came to the point where nothing would stop him. And he never looked back from that as the floodgates opened for both him and his team.

There comes a point in a sports person's life where enough is enough and no one will be more obsessed and more driven to success than Jürgen. No one feels the pain of loss and failure bigger than Jürgen. I'm certain he will use all those experiences of our and his near misses in recent years and channel them into a hell bent mentality where only one result will prevail. There is no man more ideally suited to be on the touchline tomorrow night.

Forget skill, technique and tactics. By sheer will power alone we can do this.

Nice piece but there is pressure on Klopp. Probably from himself. He wants to deliver success here for the fans more than anything else. Winning does matter.We will turn up, that's guaranteed, so it won't be for lack of will and they probably think, after their run, that their name is on the cup. Two highly skilled and motivated teams .Could well be, as you indicated,that sheer will power alone will win the day.

Could be an absolute classic and I will celebrate the game regardless.

upped my earlier prediction..Spurs 2 Liverpool 3
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #537: May 31, 2019 09:55:40 pm
      Can’t even contemplate how bad it would be to lose a 4th consecutive European Final. Surely it’s our time to get that win!!

One minute I’m confident and the next I’m bricking it.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #538: May 31, 2019 10:02:25 pm
      Who is the ref tomorrow
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #539: May 31, 2019 10:03:37 pm
      I'm definitely more nervous just not sure why when we are favourites as soon as they scored winner against Ajax had a sinking feeling . Sure when KO comes  be fine and think we have too much
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #540: May 31, 2019 10:14:37 pm

The one that gave THAT pen to Utd vs PSG....
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #541: May 31, 2019 10:29:34 pm
      Can’t even contemplate how bad it would be to lose a 4th consecutive European Final. Surely it’s our time to get that win!!

One minute I’m confident and the next I’m bricking it.

Exactly the same as me mate. So up and down with my emotions - it’s unbearable.

I can see us winning but I can also see spurs nicking it. F***ing horrible
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #542: May 31, 2019 11:35:37 pm
      Got to that point where the constant scenarios and thinking of the result have been going around my head too long and have just got that horrible knot you get in your stomach.

Tomorrow can’t come soon enough, I hate this waiting!!!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #543: Jun 01, 2019 12:15:35 am
      Got to that point where the constant scenarios and thinking of the result have been going around my head too long and have just got that horrible knot you get in your stomach.

Tomorrow can’t come soon enough, I hate this waiting!!!

Trust that's what we need. Yeah it's all going round our heads..Dele Alli,Eriksen,Son.Kane..good side and they are not above diving ..but we have to keep the faith. They are more worried than us...and they have plenty to be worried about.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #544: Jun 01, 2019 01:25:20 am
      I have a good feeling about this, very different from last year! I won't create the Live thread, I have bad records in Finals.

We need to go out as human beings hungry for success! They know how it feels to lose a UCL final, don't experience again! YNWA

I'll do the live thread this year, mate. Let's make it the biggest the LFC Reds forum has ever seen!

I've been ridiculously busy which has managed to take my mind off the final a bit. Most deadlines are done and the next exam is 12 days away. Can't wait for it to start!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #545: Jun 01, 2019 01:44:45 am
      Pretty chill about this. We have the better team, the better manager and the better support. If we happen to lose, it won’t be because of those three which means it would be something no one sees coming. Can’t really worry about those scenarios. I think we will do this, we have the mentality and the desire and the skill. Just need to play our game. COYR!!!!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #546: Jun 01, 2019 02:19:17 am
      We are the biggest club in world football.. that’s a fact.. 👊🏼
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #547: Jun 01, 2019 02:34:46 am
      We are the biggest club in world football.. that’s a fact.. 👊🏼

AND THE BEST,that is a double fact.
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #548: Jun 01, 2019 03:56:56 am
      Tottenham is a familiar foe with nothing to lose. They are not coming to grace the occasion.

That said, we will ready.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #549: Jun 01, 2019 06:43:24 am
      fu**ed up dreams last night 😫😫
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #550: Jun 01, 2019 06:48:48 am
      Up this early on sat means something big is going on , I’ve managed to fill up my day ,so won’t have time to ponder the scenarios , building a garden wall for someone this morning , havnt even looked at the job supposed to be small so that’ll do ,
      Then I’m off out on my bike for few hours , come back the caffreys be chilled in mams fridge , time to settle down with the family to watch us go spud bashing .

Come on you mighty reds , let’s hope this time tomorrow we still in party mode .
      YNWA .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #551: Jun 01, 2019 06:50:01 am
      fu**ed up dreams last night 😫😫
      As long as it wasn’t a nightmare mate it be fine .

Quick Reply