Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson
      13 (12.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      8 (7.8%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1%)
       Fabinho
      3 (2.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      71 (69.6%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: May 16, 2019 04:49:50 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23129 times
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: May 12, 2019 08:02:11 pm
      The bloody bbc showing that mane shot that was a couple mill from over the line and the aguero one that was a couple mill other way. Its quite probable now if we didn't have var we be Champions. Anyway to me these are a team of champions anyway. I hope VAR comes back to bite spurs in the ass on June 1st.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #415: May 12, 2019 08:12:13 pm
      Can't believe I'm saying I'm disappointed at finishing on 97 points.

Can't get my head around it.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #416: May 12, 2019 08:12:55 pm
      At least Barney's happy City won the league
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #417: May 12, 2019 08:15:52 pm
      At least Barney's happy City won the league
      What are ya slobbering about ya muppet. That's 5 times now since pl began we have finished second but I believe this team is different and despite all our heartbreak in cups and leagues I firmly believe we will win champions league. We have too itas simple as. Next season we will challenge again. This team won't be going away
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Re: Live: Liverpool v Wolves
      Reply #418: May 12, 2019 08:30:09 pm
      The draws cost us big big time. Hopefully Klopp learned from this.

Well aren't you just a ball of fun mate.  :roll:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #419: May 12, 2019 08:35:38 pm

Well aren't you just a ball of fun mate.  :roll:

weird isn't it mate just self indulgent crap. We have far too much to be proud of this season to feel sorry for ourselves and on the 1st of June it will be party time again
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #420: May 12, 2019 08:39:40 pm
      The draws cost us big big time. Hopefully Klopp learned from this.

We drew games we should have won, won games we should have drawn and lost a game we should have drawn.

In the end after 38 games you end up where you do.

In our case in these Man City arab state, oil money, human rights abuse era that was second. In any other case it would be first.

Thankfully they've not got a stranglehold on old big ears yet and very soon we will have our chance to make our statement on the biggest stage and in the biggest match in club football.

Genuinely believe if we can win that then this team will go to an all new level still.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #421: May 12, 2019 08:40:14 pm
      We drew games we should have won, won games we should have drawn and lost a game we should have drawn.

In our case in these Man City arab state, oil money, human rights abuse era that was second. In any other case it would be first.

Thankfully they've not got a stranglehold on old big ears yet and very soon we will have our chance to make our statement on the biggest stage and in the biggest match in club football.

Genuinely believe if we can win that then this team will go to an all new level still.

Bang on.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #422: May 12, 2019 08:49:04 pm

Fortunately , more people have taken this type of view which fills others with confidence too. Think we are going to get even stronger next year. The fan base knows, even the stupid rival fans know. This wasn't one man Suarez(c**t) show, but a complete team effort. From Goalkeeper, down to the forwards, we've got an excellent squad. The cohesion is there, the drive is there. Just need that luck on the final game, which IMO we will win comfortably.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #423: May 12, 2019 08:57:38 pm
      What a fantastic season thank you to Jürgen and this incredible group of players for giving us absolutely everything they have.

We move on to Madrid and the Champions League Final in great shape and you can see the whole club is pulling in the same direction onwards and upwards reds!!. This is the best team we have had in 30 years and they are only getting started
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #424: May 12, 2019 09:04:03 pm
      I’m so f**king gutted 😫😫😫😫

At least I don’t know any City fans to rub it in.

Spurs is a different matter all together, being from London means over 50% of my pals are F***ing Spurs.

I’m going to Berlin on a lads booze up the weekend after the game with 5 spurs fans - it will be excruciating if we lose that too (will probably F***ing not go)
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #425: May 12, 2019 09:24:14 pm
      Even though I have been slowly preparing for this since they won against Tottenham, from the moment they scored the 3rd goal I have been feeling like absolute sh*t. I know we have a CL final to look forward to, but I'm still heart-broken.

Regardless, I am so proud of this team and proud to say that I am a supporter of it.

Next season we make will make it and take this title. This team has proven that each time they fall, they get up stronger and more determined.

Bring on next season. Liverpool VS everybody else!

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #426: May 12, 2019 09:41:48 pm
      Bollocks, but no surprise. Glad we won our last game, it was important we forced them to win theirs.

Really strong finish to the season. We lost our advantage during that poor spell in Jan/Feb. 97 points is a great effort and normally would win you the league, but our rivals now are a cut above most title winning sides. If you have them in trouble you have to go for the jugular and make your advantage count, and we didn't quite do it when we were 7 points clear.

But it's still a very good season. And if we win the European Cup it'll be a great one. And we have a young side who can keep up this kind of standard, and even beyond it, for at least another 5 years. While a lot of City's best players are in their 30s and are gonna need replaced. We have stepped up and are now a genuine top side and will contend strongly again next year.

Now let's beat the F***ing Spuds.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #427: May 12, 2019 09:42:54 pm
      What an absolutely stunning season!!!

Well done to Jürgen and our proud Red men. They gave it all they had and 97 pts total is gobsmacking. Yes it is bittersweet to come second after being at that level however we must go on and bring our beloved Big Ears back home. It’s where we belong.

The lads would still be burning with desire to make amends after cruelly and bizarrely losing to the dastardly royals of Madrid. Spurs will give it all they have however I think this is ours after a great arm wrestle. No.6 will be so sweet to add to our trophy room after missing out so long, especially with the deflating ‘07 and ‘18 losses.

To all the posters on here that are bemoaning the draws and trying to act smarter and show more nous than our management team then hang your heads in shame! Truly you know nothing about football.
      If I asked you 2 separate questions/ hypotheticals before the season:

1) Would you take 97 pts at the end of 38 matches.
      or
      2) Would you take a season with just 1 loss, with no questions asked?

I bet you would’ve bit my arm off with those tasty offerings!

It’s a magnificent season whichever way you dice it.
      No.6 will now be the fabulous icing.

This club under the incredible stewardship of Klopp and co. will go onto bigger things. I feel it deeply. Keep the squad intact and add some sprinklings of fresh injection of talent, clear some deadwood and keep the place bouncing with happiness and brotherhood.
      You cannot underestimate the value of a happy camp.

We are in a very healthy position to strive forward and continue to improve. Our transfer policy and quality that we’re bringing in are extremely exciting.
      Long may it continue.

YNWA
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #428: May 12, 2019 09:51:16 pm
      weird isn't it mate just self indulgent crap. We have far too much to be proud of this season to feel sorry for ourselves and on the 1st of June it will be party time again

Walt,

Yes mate, there are some people on here who I honestly believe you couldn't make happy if we won everything every year.
      I guess it's all about opinions and as we know everyone is entitled to one, but I'm old school some would say Duffer, been supporting the Reds since 65 so have seen plenty of highs and lows.
      Been to Anfield many times and wish tickets were easier to get but have to resort too watching on the tv these days. Anyway I digress, this season has been fantastic and the closest we have come to winning the prem ever. I just wish people would get over this draw thing and enjoy what we have done ffs.
      Interesting point that counts for diddly squat I know, but under the old points system we would have won it by a point.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #429: May 12, 2019 10:17:00 pm
      another confirmation of how we get the job done. After the incredible effort on Tuesday playing in a game they new would not really effect the outcome of the title the lads still did their job well. If somehow we could sprinkle just a tiny bit of magic into this team we will be unstoppable . That magic may well be here maybe its Shaq or Ox or the Naby or maybe some young kid is going to take the league apart next season.
      Whatever happens under Jurgens guidance we will once again make improvements next season that's a given
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #430: May 12, 2019 11:25:15 pm
      The modern EPL with 3 points for a win is to encourage teams to go for a win and not a draw. Simply a draw give us 1 point while a win is 3 points. Say, instead of drawing 2 games, 1 game won and 1 game lost gives 3 points is better than 2. That would involve taking some risk.  That Klopp has to learn and Pep probably  knew that in the very beginning and probably doesn't mind taking the risk of winning more games, loosing some instead of drawing.

So Klopp was unaware that a win is worth three points now (since 1995 for FIFA and before that in England)?

The only thing dumber than that idea would be for me to NOT put you on Ignore.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #431: May 12, 2019 11:26:32 pm
      another confirmation of how we get the job done. After the incredible effort on Tuesday playing in a game they new would not really effect the outcome of the title the lads still did their job well. If somehow we could sprinkle just a tiny bit of magic into this team we will be unstoppable . That magic may well be here maybe its Shaq or Ox or the Naby or maybe some young kid is going to take the league apart next season.
      Whatever happens under Jurgens guidance we will once again make improvements next season that's a given

Great league campaign and hopefully we lift the European Cup for the 6th time. Look forward to next season but I am ready for the break. Well done to Jürgen and the team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #432: May 12, 2019 11:27:56 pm
      Offer me 97 points next season right now and I take it. I just don’t see how any red can have any reason to not be amazed, and gratified at what Jürgen and the boys accomplished this year.

Simply amazing.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #433: May 12, 2019 11:36:19 pm
      That is another season in the EPL gone,we didn't quite make the league but we put the shits up moneybags City right to the end.While I am sad that we didn't win the league  I am so pleased with the standard of football we got from Jürgen Klopp and our REDS this season. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #434: May 12, 2019 11:48:17 pm
      There was a great moment in the game where Brighton scored and the crowd at Anfield went mad. I was so hoping that we'd win the league this year. I'm not too disappointed because I love winning the CL more and our name is F&CKING WRITTEN ON IT!!! So come reds only 3 more weeks : )
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #435: May 13, 2019 12:33:20 am
      Quite a poor game from us, but yet again we got the win.
      What a magnificent season it has been, I honestly feel so happy and proud of this team and second with 97 points is as close to winning as is possible.
      Now let's rest, train and focus over the next 3 weeks and prepare to right the wrong from last season, surely Spurs can't deny us.
      The  it's onto next season where I feel certain we'll finally end our wait for the league title.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #436: May 13, 2019 02:23:49 am
      It was a good performance from the guys to finish with a point total I figured back after Christmas period that would secure us the title (I had magic number pegged at 95) but both Citeh and us showed great form over the past 3 months in a great title fight. Yes I have a little disappointment that we didn't get in done in the end based on position we had back in January but just have to think back last season where we were fighting the last day for 4th spot to see how far the team has come which is better then most would of predicted. The big thing will be how this team comes back next season but if Klopp makes a couple good signings and we keep our key players fit and ready for next season there should be no reason why this group can not put up another 90 plus point season. As for now it isn't anything to worry about since we have an important game in Madrid in a 3 weeks and if we play to our ability we should be capping off this season with a nice piece of silverware :)

Quick Reply